Aidan Turner (Fili)
View Results (101 votes)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2014, 3:09am

Post #1 of 21 (720 views)
Shortcut
A Dwarvish dinner Can't Post

You have won a competition to have dinner with two of the Dwarf actors in The Hobbit movies. Who do you choose?

Note: Please vote for only two Dwarves! (We're working on the honesty system here.)

Actors listed in alphabetical order to provide a modicum of impartiality on the part of the poll-maker.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 12 2014, 5:06am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 12 2014, 3:26am

Post #2 of 21 (513 views)
Shortcut
No Ori? He's so polite.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2014, 5:07am

Post #3 of 21 (499 views)
Shortcut
I swear he was in my original list! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure how he dropped off. I've fixed it now.

Kim
Valinor

Jan 12 2014, 5:42am

Post #4 of 21 (511 views)
Shortcut
Well duh [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard Armitage (seriously, is anyone surprised by that?) I've heard he's rather shy, so I picked Graham McTavish as the second - wouldn't overpower the conversation like some of the other guys, and he and Richard are ping pong buddies. Cool

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Jan 12 2014, 5:45am

Post #5 of 21 (502 views)
Shortcut
My choice [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You have won a competition to have dinner with two of the Dwarf actors in The Hobbit movies. Who do you choose?

Note: Please vote for only two Dwarves! (We're working on the honesty system here.)

Actors listed in alphabetical order to provide a modicum of impartiality on the part of the poll-maker.

I voted for Richard and Jeffery. It would be interesting to see if they took cues from each other and perhaps talked about the Durin family history a bit more. Also how they both interpreted the dragon sickness and dwarfish arrogance amongst so many other things.

I hope Richard will one day reconsider selling his Thorin diary as I would love to read everything he put together to come up with a very personal background for Oakenshield. I love it when actors do that kind of prep and really think about how to play those characters.

If we had a choice of three I would have added Mike M. as Thrain, but I'll stick with my two.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jan 12 2014, 7:16am

Post #6 of 21 (498 views)
Shortcut
Tough call for #2. [In reply to] Can't Post

RA, for sure. I picked James Nesbit (Bofur) for #2 because I love the twinkle in his eye and think he would be a great dinner companion!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 12 2014, 7:22am

Post #7 of 21 (503 views)
Shortcut
But are we voting for the dwarves or the actors? [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's the dwarves, no contest: I'd invite Balin and Bofur, for an evening of good company, good tales, and good natures (Mind you, I'm trusting that Balin would bring his brother and Bofur his cousin, just to make things more interesting). Actors? Hmmm... I really don't know. Wait a moment... No, I got nothing.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2014, 9:12am

Post #8 of 21 (490 views)
Shortcut
The actors. :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 12 2014, 12:37pm

Post #9 of 21 (501 views)
Shortcut
In which case.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Duh- RA ( I did try to be original, honest!) and Graham McT- he has a mischievous glint in his eye- and being tall myself, prefer to be surrounded by taller men!!
But, if we were going for dwarven characters, I'd have to agree with Arandiel and go for Balin and Bofur, for the craic!!

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 12 2014, 3:54pm

Post #10 of 21 (484 views)
Shortcut
*ahem* [In reply to] Can't Post

Three's a crowd, darlin'...
AngelicWink

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12 2014, 7:28pm

Post #11 of 21 (473 views)
Shortcut
That was tough! [In reply to] Can't Post

I picked Bofur and Balin... but I'd dearly love to sit at that table-full of dwarves in Bag End... along with Gandalf and a mellowed Bilbo ;)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12 2014, 7:29pm

Post #12 of 21 (462 views)
Shortcut
Isn't he adorable? [In reply to] Can't Post

So is Dori... offering Gandalf some tea ;)

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 13 2014, 6:21am

Post #13 of 21 (450 views)
Shortcut
I would pick Richard Armitage and Jed Brophy. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's hard to find actors who don't want to toot their horn all the time. To be honest, that bores me to tears. I admire both these two guys for their work ethic and their humble demeanor. Jed looks like he would be lots of fun and I'd love to hear stories of LOTR and The Hobbit. I would like to pick Richard's brain about what he looks for in a character when he reads a script. He is so detailed in his approach. I think I could learn a lot.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 13 2014, 7:44pm

Post #14 of 21 (435 views)
Shortcut
I would like to hear Jed Brophy talk [In reply to] Can't Post

about what is was like working on both LOTR and TH. And I would like to hear Richard Armitage talk about... anything, basically Smile.

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 15 2014, 1:47am

Post #15 of 21 (447 views)
Shortcut
For the actual Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

and not the actors (for that would be a different vote),

I chose Fili and Bofur. Simply because they'd be fun company to talk to. And Bofur could treat us to a song or two. ^_^

Oh wait... it's supposed to be actors? Why didn't you say so? Different voting! Actors and characters are two different things! Tongue

Okay, I'd keep James Nesbit, because he'd be fun to talk to, but I'd choose Richard as well, because I've been a fan of his since about 6 or 7 years.

(This post was edited by ryouko on Jan 15 2014, 1:50am)

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 25 2014, 10:23am

Post #16 of 21 (368 views)
Shortcut
Without a doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin and Dwalin. it would be just hilarious and then Richard can tell me about filming. Angelic

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2014, 1:42am

Post #17 of 21 (358 views)
Shortcut
Thorin and Dwalin... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it would be a blast...

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Feb 5 2014, 5:18pm

Post #18 of 21 (331 views)
Shortcut
I don't think I can pick! [In reply to] Can't Post

If we were picking just the Dwarves, I would say either Fili and Kili or Fili and Bofur. There would be much food fighting, plate-throwing, singing, and general silliness. Laugh However, if we're talking about the actors, I'd be too shy to say a word. I'd probably go crawl under the table if one of them so much as looked in my direction...

Dwarewien
Rohan

Feb 5 2014, 11:15pm

Post #19 of 21 (331 views)
Shortcut
My choices... [In reply to] Can't Post

For the actors, it would be Richard Armitage and Graham McTavish. I don't mind that Richard's a little on the shy side. So am I, which is probably why I feel more comfortable talking about this kind of stuff online. Getting me to admit it in person? Forget it! You'd would have to trick me into it. And Graham seems to have a twisted sense of humor. Point in fact: When he mentioned in one of the bonus features of the AUJ EE that he likes the fact that Martin Freeman (who plays Bilbo, as you know) is rude. Remember the finger montage?

For characters, I would choose Thorin and Balin (but if Dwalin wants to tag along, I wouldn't object to it). Imagine the stories they would tell.

This is much easier if you like both the character and the actor. Thank you, Peter Jackson! And J.R.R. Tolkien for creating a world that we'd all love to be a part of, even if it is just playing a role of a character that resides within it.Smile

Misto
Lorien

Feb 6 2014, 11:07am

Post #20 of 21 (311 views)
Shortcut
Though choice [In reply to] Can't Post

Sooo... that'd be Graham McTavish plus either Jed Brophy, Adam Brown, or Ken Stott. Can't decide.

As for Dwarves I'll invite Dori and Ori over. Balin might be a contestant as well. Those three are the only ones I trust to behave themselves if asked to.Wink

Kim
Valinor

Feb 6 2014, 8:25pm

Post #21 of 21 (331 views)
Shortcut
Thorin would behave himself [In reply to] Can't Post

After all, he was the only one to actually use a utensil when eating! Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.