Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thanks so much for the laugh....

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 9, 4:28pm

Views: 201
Shortcut
Thanks so much for the laugh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... this line is preiceless!

I had forgotten about all those times Tolkien wrote about his characters sitting in front of a Balrog having a polite conversation. TongueLaugh

Subject User Time
Peter Jackson ruined Smaug. Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Jan 8, 9:54pm
    I think this is slightly harsh Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Jan 8, 9:59pm
    On the flip side AncalagontheBlack Send a private message to AncalagontheBlack Jan 8, 9:59pm
    While there are many things about the movies I admire... ulstudor Send a private message to ulstudor Jan 8, 10:00pm
        The chase scene was horrible... aruman Send a private message to aruman Jan 11, 12:29am
    I thought he was playing with his food LoremIpsum Send a private message to LoremIpsum Jan 8, 10:05pm
    8 haarp Send a private message to haarp Jan 8, 10:08pm
    while i agree with your interpretation of Smaug, IDLookout Send a private message to IDLookout Jan 8, 10:14pm
        No no no no no........ Name Send a private message to Name Jan 8, 11:48pm
            Quite. glor Send a private message to glor Jan 9, 12:45am
                Food Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jan 9, 1:51am
        Yeah, you've called it. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 9, 5:32am
    Respectfully I completely disagree with you Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jan 8, 10:14pm
    I have no problem with Smaug Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jan 8, 10:22pm
        This, and tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Jan 9, 4:50pm
    On 2nd viewing I though Smaug vs Dwarves was fine sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Jan 8, 10:35pm
        Smaug made short work of Erebor in AUJ... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Jan 9, 12:37am
    Disagree morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Jan 8, 10:50pm
        straw man... peterLF Send a private message to peterLF Jan 10, 3:46am
    The general audience likes these films... A lot tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 8, 11:01pm
        Regarding Star Wars KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Jan 9, 9:44pm
            Yeah, I don't get the hate for Star Wars prequels Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 9, 9:56pm
                Agreed KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Jan 9, 10:01pm
            Personally... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 9, 10:15pm
    I Agree Girdle of Melian Send a private message to Girdle of Melian Jan 8, 11:05pm
        Pelenor Fields AncalagontheBlack Send a private message to AncalagontheBlack Jan 8, 11:12pm
            But that scene didn't go on for 20 minutes. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jan 8, 11:58pm
                did you miss the line from Thorin?? MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 9, 7:58am
                    Right on, MoS...Bomby WholeHeartilly Agrees!!! LOL// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 9, 1:03pm
                        ... MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 9, 6:08pm
    About Smaug speaking burrahobbit Send a private message to burrahobbit Jan 8, 11:17pm
        Hmmmm.. MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 8, 11:19pm
            Telepathic communication is used lots in the films burrahobbit Send a private message to burrahobbit Jan 8, 11:23pm
                yes but why would their lips move if they are not speaking to each other?? MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 8, 11:25pm
        At first, before I saw the film, I was concerned about how Smaug was going to talk. Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jan 9, 5:42am
    to quote Gandalf the Grey.. MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 8, 11:18pm
    another disagreement Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 8, 11:29pm
        Agree (with you) glor Send a private message to glor Jan 9, 12:26am
            same Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 9, 12:57am
                ... morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Jan 9, 3:35am
    Why would you be worried? Pazeer Send a private message to Pazeer Jan 8, 11:34pm
    yep TheRealBeren Send a private message to TheRealBeren Jan 8, 11:40pm
    I had problems with this scene GiantMushroomBear Send a private message to GiantMushroomBear Jan 8, 11:46pm
    Couldn't disagree more dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 8, 11:48pm
        Agree, and well said. // morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Jan 9, 12:13am
        Awesome! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 9, 1:57am
        "who...would not wish to look upon their ancient home, though it had become an abode of dragons?" dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jan 9, 3:03am
            Wonderful point! Thanks for that // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 9:18am
            Oh! Great point, dernwyn. Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jan 9, 11:04am
            Hear, Hear dernwyn..No Wonder you are an Admin HERE... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 9, 1:10pm
            I have never noticed that link Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Jan 9, 10:18pm
    I agree to a point Rheged Send a private message to Rheged Jan 9, 12:04am
    I go back and forth on this Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 9, 12:08am
        Really... DjU Send a private message to DjU Jan 9, 1:08am
            Really? Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 9, 2:05am
                The 23 minutes... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 9, 3:08am
                    ok, you got me Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 9, 3:48am
                        how long? book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 9, 3:50am
    Good point about the Balrog.... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Jan 9, 12:25am
    Cat and Mouse Heir of Durin Send a private message to Heir of Durin Jan 9, 2:23am
        Yes! Tim Send a private message to Tim Jan 9, 5:03am
            I'm not a huge Star Wars buff or anything Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 9, 5:19am
    Have you ever had an annoying fly in your house that you just couldn't swat? Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jan 9, 3:18am
        Great analogy!// tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 9, 4:09am
    Smaug isn't just a killing machine Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 9, 4:13am
        Seeing Smaug from underneath Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 9, 4:41am
        What is this "just a killing machine" business with Balrogs? Why the underestimation of their intellect? AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 9, 5:38am
            yeah...I was wondering the same thing... Snowghost77 Send a private message to Snowghost77 Jan 9, 6:38am
                Yup Scalpy Send a private message to Scalpy Jan 9, 6:55am
            I can't speak for who you're replying to but... Tim Send a private message to Tim Jan 9, 7:04am
                About Balrogs and Smaug Elciryamo Send a private message to Elciryamo Jan 9, 7:45am
                Something I take issue with in the films. I still lament that nothing of the spell contest over control AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 10, 12:31am
            My bad Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 9, 4:13pm
                Thanks so much for the laugh.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 4:28pm
                From Barely Started Tales: Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 9, 5:32pm
                Gothmog does mock Hurin, after having him bound. And neither captains nor AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 10, 12:44am
        Good point glor Send a private message to glor Jan 9, 8:20am
    Better dwarves Danielos Send a private message to Danielos Jan 9, 4:58am
        A lot of great points here. Synthrinya Send a private message to Synthrinya Jan 9, 5:24am
            The passage from the secret door Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jan 9, 6:23am
        Agreed. Also, Smaug will get his moment morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Jan 9, 5:53am
    While some of this is harsh, and I don't think the final analysis statements hold true, the rest is VERY AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 9, 5:31am
    oh no! Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Jan 9, 5:57am
    Not quite as silly as the book... patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jan 9, 7:49am
    agree pretty much with the OP's points but not to the extent of Smaug being ruined ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jan 9, 9:23am
        In keeping with the book? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 9:27am
            yes in keeping with the book, Bilbo is never anywhere near Smaugs mouth, Smaug is searching for him, Bilbo's exact location was not perfectly discernible to him ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jan 9, 9:51am
                Given Smaug's sense of smell, and his hearing... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 11:33am
                    Difference between Bilbo and the dwarves' confrontation burrahobbit Send a private message to burrahobbit Jan 9, 5:47pm
                        Yes, it's different from the book... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 7:22pm
                    i know that book smaug was enjoying himself and trying to get information ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jan 9, 7:48pm
    Hmm CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Jan 9, 11:50am
    A confrontation was essential...just not this one! Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 9, 1:24pm
        Agreed aruman Send a private message to aruman Jan 11, 12:58am
    I couldn't disagree more with the OP. Noria Send a private message to Noria Jan 9, 1:31pm
    It could have been (a lot) worse ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 9, 5:10pm
        but book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 9, 5:18pm
            Lol, or even worse Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 9, 6:06pm
                I dunno... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Jan 9, 6:57pm
        I Really Beg To Agree to DisAgree Girdle of Melian Send a private message to Girdle of Melian Jan 9, 5:18pm
            Which character was supposed to say that Smaug was toying with them? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 9, 6:06pm
                Dwalin did say something of that sort Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jan 9, 10:27pm
                    but book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 9, 11:10pm
        I have to say Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jan 9, 5:45pm
        It would make the cat and mouse aspect of the scene clear to viewers! // arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 9, 5:46pm
        But where is Mr. Smudge's face?? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 9, 7:20pm
    Dragons are not made Rickster Send a private message to Rickster Jan 9, 6:32pm
        well the singing in goblin town was them trying to stay true MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 9, 6:55pm
    Yes, he did... aruman Send a private message to aruman Jan 11, 12:31am
        !!!!!!!! Name Send a private message to Name Jan 11, 2:17am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.