Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Help settle a family debate...

athenslotr
The Shire

Jan 9, 2:31pm

Views: 598
Shortcut
Help settle a family debate... Can't Post

and bring peace to our household...

I searched the forums for this and found a few references - but no full blown discussion.

Aragorn and his confrontation with the King of the Dead - Aragorn reveals Anduril, swords clash, and the King of the Dead says "That _____ was broken!" Aragorn replies "It has been remade"

Clearly, the King of the Dead says "that blade was broken" right? Right. Lets move on.

But wait, my wife thinks he says "that line was broken" which makes absolutely no sense at all, but she is firm in her belief.

Can I trust the subtitles on the DVD/blu-ray as definitive? No. A judgment like this is best left to the only source I trust - TORn

So help me out - I can take the heat if I'm wrong!

Subject User Time
Help settle a family debate... athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 2:31pm
    I agree with you - "blade". arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 9, 2:55pm
        great point athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 2:59pm
    Your wife is right. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 9, 3:03pm
        Precisely emre43 Send a private message to emre43 Jan 9, 3:27pm
            (Delete thread!) (Delete thread!) athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 4:47pm
                I just popped the DVD in and turned on the captions... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jan 9, 5:40pm
                    Yes Dear! KasDel Send a private message to KasDel Jan 9, 5:53pm
                    She keeps telling me that... athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 8:51pm
    I've also always heard it as "that *line* is broken" Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Jan 9, 4:59pm
    I've always hear "blade" in my head. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jan 9, 9:01pm
        I have always heard 'blade' ... with the modifer Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 9, 9:06pm
            Exactly! athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 9:15pm
                Right? A puzzle! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 9, 9:24pm
                Great points all and thanks! athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 9, 9:34pm
            Hmm... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jan 9, 11:26pm
                So true Cats - I still love discussing LOTR! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 10, 12:16am
    Very neat question! Thanks! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 9, 9:06pm
    I hear 'blade' Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jan 9, 10:31pm
    I've been thinking about this and have a theory. Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jan 9, 10:57pm
    Blade, of course. simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 10, 1:32am
    I've come to a conclusion having seen everyone's replies ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 10, 7:44am
    Team Blade! jenfuss Send a private message to jenfuss Jan 10, 2:58pm
        I haven't looked at the footage... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 10, 3:20pm
            CC accuracy Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Jan 11, 1:03am
                no, I didn't // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 11, 1:12am
        I've watched it (yet) again ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 10, 3:59pm
            maybe... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 10, 5:53pm
                The King of the Dead said it, not Viggo// Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jan 10, 8:19pm
                    ah, thanks for the correction. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 10, 8:52pm
    I hear his voice make a little gurgling sound at the beginning of the word Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Jan 10, 5:04pm
    Vote for 'blade' here. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jan 11, 8:37am
        Funny how people all hear things differently... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jan 11, 9:56am
    Line, Red, Wolves. Maybe we should do a poll// Bellerock Send a private message to Bellerock Jan 11, 4:29pm
    it is line to my ears ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jan 12, 10:08am
    I'm in "line" with others ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 12, 6:27pm
    another misheard line Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jan 13, 4:04am
        I'm pretty sure that's "Wander the paths"// Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jan 13, 11:26pm
    So interesting athenslotr Send a private message to athenslotr Jan 14, 3:55pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.