** ~ Movie Trivial Pursuit ~ ** NEW GAME : Jan 27

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 27 2008, 5:13pm

Post #1 of 15 (4879 views)
Shortcut
** ~ Movie Trivial Pursuit ~ ** NEW GAME : Jan 27 Can't Post

No theme this week.

1. Who ushers the cake-carrying Hobbits through the crowd at Bilbo's party?

2. What was the name of Éowyn's father, the brother-in-law of Théoden?

3. When confronting Saruman at Isengard, Theoden tells him, "We shall have peace when you hang from ___(what)___ for the sport of ___(what)___ ."?

4. What weapon did Elrond wield in the battle of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves?

5. What Fellowship actor is fluent* in four languages: English, Spanish, Danish, and Elvish?

(*magpie notes: fluent is a word used by the game... I would not consider any actor in these movies fluent in Elvish. Additionally, as fluent as this actor is in Elvish, he is also in Lakota.)

6. What Wellington, NZ based composing group was responsible for some of the 'cultural' music of the movie:
"Flaming Red hair" for Bilbo's birthday party and "The Passing of the Elves" for FOTR (now available on the FOTR box set)
Éowyn's lament for TTT (extended DVD) and various other misc drinking songs etc

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jan 27 2008, 5:21pm)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2008, 5:26pm

Post #2 of 15 (4400 views)
Shortcut
Ah, [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who ushers the cake-carrying Hobbits through the crowd at Bilbo's party? Merry

2. What was the name of Éowyn's father, the brother-in-law of Théoden? Eomund

3. When confronting Saruman at Isengard, Theoden tells him, "We shall have peace when you hang from ___(what)___ for the sport of ___(what)___ ."?
A gibbet; at your window; your; crows

4. What weapon did Elrond wield in the battle of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves? sword

5. What Fellowship actor is fluent* in four languages: English, Spanish, Danish, and Elvish? Viggo

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 27 2008, 7:24pm

Post #3 of 15 (4386 views)
Shortcut
hey, Alcarcalime... [In reply to] Can't Post

You have three answers for #3 but there's only two 'blanks'. Are you making some guesses here or did the question confuse you?

Also I forgot my #6 question and added it as an edit. I don't know if you posted before I edited (or while I was editing), if you didn't notice it or if you just didn't want to answer it. Feel free to answer it now or redo #3 if needed.

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 27 2008, 9:14pm

Post #4 of 15 (4380 views)
Shortcut
uh, oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you do have a theme for this week..it's called "things weaver doesn't know about the films but really should by now..." Wink

Merry and Pippin?

Eomund? I think Wormtongue mentions that right, about Eomer?

A gibbet for the sport of crows?

4. What weapon did Elrond wield in the battle of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves?
Uh, something sharp? A spear, or a sword, or another "pointy thing..."

5. What Fellowship actor is fluent* in four languages: English, Spanish, Danish, and Elvish?
Viggo, of course...and I bet he has added Russian to his list after Eastern Promises...

6. What Wellington, NZ based composing group was responsible for some of the 'cultural' music of the movie:
Hmm...I thought "Flaming Red Hair" was the name of the group...shows you what I know! It's just a great name, so that's probably why I remembered it..

Weaver

FarFromHome
Valinor

Jan 27 2008, 9:29pm

Post #5 of 15 (4383 views)
Shortcut
My answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry I think. Pippin's in the band. Sam's sitting watching the cake go by. Frodo's dancing.

Éomund.

... a gibbet for the sport of your own crows.

A sword? He commands the archers, but I don't recall seeing him with a bow himself. Not a spear - that's Gil-Galad. So by a process of elimination, a sword.

(*magpie notes: fluent is a word used by the game... I would not consider any actor in these movies fluent in Elvish. Additionally, as fluent as this actor is in Elvish, he is also in Lakota.)

Viggo. I wonder if it's even possible to be fluent in Elvish? There just isn't that much of it, apparently. Most of what was in the movies had to be constructed, as far as I know.

"Flaming Red hair" for Bilbo's birthday party and "The Passing of the Elves" for FOTR (now available on the FOTR box set)

Plan 9.

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2008, 9:54pm

Post #6 of 15 (4373 views)
Shortcut
Man [In reply to] Can't Post

These quizzes make me realize how much I have missed in the films! :P

1. I have absolutely no idea XD
2. Eomund. Yay book knowledge :D
3. We shall have peace when you hang from a gibbit for the sport of your own crows. And I have no idea what a gibbit is.
4. Hadhalfang, a shiny sword ^^ He then gave it to Arwen.
5. Viggo Mortensen! :D
6. Again, I have absolutely no idea. I should have paid attention to the artist XD

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FarFromHome
Valinor

Jan 27 2008, 10:19pm

Post #7 of 15 (4378 views)
Shortcut
Now I remember! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hadhalfang, a shiny sword

Now you mention that sword, I remember it well! Funny how things go out of your mind...

In Reply To

And I have no idea what a gibbit is.

Gibbets and crows!

Here's a gibbet for you. Wink There's even a LotR theme to this game.

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2008, 11:07pm

Post #8 of 15 (4370 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, just disregard previous post... [In reply to] Can't Post

When it came up on my computer it surely looked like 4 blanks and was I ever perplexed! Let's try this again:

1. Who ushers the cake-carrying Hobbits through the crowd at Bilbo's party? MERRY

2. What was the name of Éowyn's father, the brother-in-law of Théoden? EOMUND

gibblet & crows

4. What weapon did Elrond wield in the battle of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves? SWORD

5. What Fellowship actor is fluent* in four languages: English, Spanish, Danish, and Elvish? VIGGO

PLAN 9

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2008, 12:00am

Post #9 of 15 (4367 views)
Shortcut
Fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the link! Got to 30 on lotr :D Going to try the other ones... fun fun!

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

sador
Half-elven

Jan 28 2008, 12:01pm

Post #10 of 15 (4367 views)
Shortcut
Two moviemaking trivia questions, and two book questions this time [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's try.
I really didn't notice. I had a few ideas in my mind, and was about to say Frodo; but then I caught with the corner of my eye (my default mode is flat), that one of the previous posters answered Merry, an option I considered before. So I guess it's Merry. Does this count? Probably not.
Eomund. But I don't remember when it was mentioned in the films.
"From a gibbet, for the sport of your crows".
A sword, wasn't it?
I'd guess Viggo Mortensen. His surname is Danish, and I recollect reading somewhere he was fluent in a North-European language. But Spanish?!
I can't even hazard a guess, or make a joke about this question. And I probably won't remember once I'm told the answer.

"The Wise may have good reason to believe.... unlikely though it seems to those who know less. But may we not hear the proofs?" - Galdor

Owlyross
Rohan

Jan 28 2008, 4:16pm

Post #11 of 15 (4359 views)
Shortcut
Answers... May or may not be correct... [In reply to] Can't Post

300 ravenous Hobbits.

Jeff

3. When confronting Saruman at Isengard, Theoden tells him,
"We shall have peace when you hang from the goalposts for the sport of Jonny Wilkinson."?
(the Six Nations Rugby starts this weekend)

Nothing but flowers. Damn hippy elves...

Viggo, the scourge of Carpathia, the sorrow of Moldavia... thanks to his poor Romanian accent.

The Wurzels (Ohhhhh Oi've got a brand new lovely 'Obbit 'Ole, and Oi'll give you the key!)

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2008, 5:40pm

Post #12 of 15 (4351 views)
Shortcut
Just can't let a quiz pass even if I guess at a lot of them [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was Merry -- still smoke-smudged.

Eomund -- as in "you see much, Eomer son of Eomund"

a gibbet; your crows

His sword, Hadhalfang, which he handed down to Arwen.

Lovely, lovely Viggo.

Éowyn's lament for TTT (extended DVD) and various other misc drinking songs etc.

No idea.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Nuradar
Rohan

Jan 29 2008, 2:40am

Post #13 of 15 (4355 views)
Shortcut
Movie Trivial Pursuit - January 27 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Who ushers the cake-carrying Hobbits through the crowd at Bilbo's party? Rosie Cotton? No idea

2. What was the name of Éowyn's father, the brother-in-law of Théoden? Eomund

3. When confronting Saruman at Isengard, Theoden tells him, "We shall have peace when you hang from ___(what)___ for the sport of ___(what)___ ."? "...when you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows!" One of the many brilliant lines in ROTK, although I had to look up gibbet in a dictionary Smile

4. What weapon did Elrond wield in the battle of the Last Alliance of Men and Elves? Sword, I think...

5. What Fellowship actor is fluent* in four languages: English, Spanish, Danish, and Elvish? Viggo! Good luck at the Oscars, dude.

???????

Aragorn_Strider
Bree

Jan 30 2008, 4:29am

Post #14 of 15 (4342 views)
Shortcut
Well, here's my guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
No theme this week.

1. Bilbo
2. Eomund
3. the gibbets(sp?); crows
5. Viggo Mortensen

...The crownless again shall be King!

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 3 2008, 4:06pm

Post #15 of 15 (4557 views)
Shortcut
Give it a whirl this week.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry and Pippin?

Eomund. But why does that look odd ... do you take points off for spelling :-(?

gibbets - crows. Something like that.
P.S. What a line of dialogue this must have been to master ... and he made it sound sound believable!

a sword ..... right???? *wonders if this is a trick question*

Viggo Viggo Viggo Viggo Viggo Viggo *sigh* :-)

(*magpie notes: fluent is a word used by the game... I would not consider any actor in these movies fluent in Elvish. Additionally, as fluent as this actor is in Elvish, he is also in Lakota.) Did I mention ... Viggo Blush?

Hmmmm..... I do not have a clue here and I am interested in finding out the answer!

Fun questions, thanks Magpie!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.