Stone Giant vs Smaug Can't Post

Who would win in a fight?!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 7 2014, 3:28am

Post #2 of 7 (1259 views)
Shortcut
Smaug. [In reply to] Can't Post

He's fast, big and cunning, while the stone giants don't seem to have a lot going on in the brain department.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jan 7 2014, 5:54pm

Post #3 of 7 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

A while back I posted Smaug v Three Stone Giants and decided in favor of the giants. http://newboards.theonering.net/...latest_reply;so=ASC;
That was before I saw TH:DOS
Now that I've seen Smaug I'll give it to him. A lone giant will get smashed into gravel. Even three, I now think.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 9 2014, 12:52am

Post #4 of 7 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Stone Giants [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think Smaug's fire would much affect beings made of stone. He could try swatting them with his tail, and could bash them, but even if they were broken up into boulders, I think they'd regenerate - the bits and pieces would pile up, build up and eventually form new stone giants. So Smaug might win the battle, but the Stone Giants would win the war.

That's my theory, anyway Tongue.

Meneldor
Valinor

Jan 9 2014, 2:19am

Post #5 of 7 (1313 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf said [In reply to] Can't Post

that dragon fire could melt the great rings, which were impervious to everything else but volcanos. That means the heat of Smaug's hottest breath is comparable to lava, ergo, stone giants would melt.

Bet it would be a heck of a good fight, though.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12 2014, 6:29pm

Post #6 of 7 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Smaug. The Giants move in slo-mo ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Elskidor
Rohan

Jan 22 2014, 2:08am

Post #7 of 7 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't even see a challenge here.

Tolkien Elimination Game (Round 5: Elves)

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=704543;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.