Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Screencap of the Day Sign-up for January!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jan 6 2014, 3:06pm

Post #1 of 10 (176 views)
Shortcut
Screencap of the Day Sign-up for January! Can't Post

Screencap of the Day (SCOD) is an ongoing discussion on the LotR Trilogy shot by shot, scene by scene. For the month of January, we need THREE VOLUNTEERS. Each host will make two posts each week (generally on Monday and Wednesday).

The weeks available are as follows:

Week of January 13th-

Jan 13th -1 Screencap from Part 51
Jan 15th -1 Screencap from Part 52
Week of January 20th-
Jan 20th -1 Screencap from
Part 53
Jan 22nd -1 Screencap from Part 54
Week of January 27th-

Jan 27th -1 Screencap from Part 55
Jan 29th -1 Screencap from
Part 56

Each person will be assigned a part, seen at the top of the screen or at the left margin. For your days, choose the most evocative screencap in the part; you have 24 to choose from in each part. Copy the link of the cap and post it in your thread or post the image if you're more technically inclined, with the subject labeled "Screencap of the Day."

Magpie has provided an excellent tutorial in image posting on TORn that can be found
here.

Three or four questions should do. Anything is fair game in these. Previously, we've talked about changes from the book, technical aspects of the scene (cinematography, editing, score, lighting, etc), acting, props, or you could talk about a controversial question you remember us discussing at one point. Remember these are just suggestions. Feel free to ask anything you want to know more about.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will respond as soon as I can.

Happy posting!

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 7 2014, 5:37pm

Post #2 of 10 (93 views)
Shortcut
No takers yet? - January 13, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

The LOTR-Movie board must be asleep! Some good Denethor 'caps in the January 13 week. Maybe I can spark some discussion there.

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Jan 8 2014, 3:02am

Post #3 of 10 (89 views)
Shortcut
Count me in - January 22 [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems I'm always around for the same parts. LOL Whatever I do, I am back right for the siege.

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on the Main board for the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

I believe

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2014, 2:10pm

Post #4 of 10 (82 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, AD! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2014, 2:11pm

Post #5 of 10 (83 views)
Shortcut
I felt the same way back in the day, [In reply to] Can't Post

but that never means it's a terrible thing. Tongue

Thanks, simplyaven. It's yours.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 9 2014, 12:44am

Post #6 of 10 (78 views)
Shortcut
I'll take week of January 27th! // [In reply to] Can't Post

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jan 9 2014, 1:45pm

Post #7 of 10 (69 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Loresilme! // [In reply to] Can't Post

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jan 9 2014, 1:47pm

Post #8 of 10 (75 views)
Shortcut
Schedule for January! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks to our volunteers! Here's the schedule as it stands:

Week of January 13th-Arwen's Daughter
Jan 13th -1 Screencap from Part 51
Jan 15th -1 Screencap from Part 52
Week of January 20th- simplyaven
Jan 20th -1 Screencap from
Part 53
Jan 22nd -1 Screencap from Part 54
Week of January 27th-Loresilme

Jan 27th -1 Screencap from Part 55
Jan 29th -1 Screencap from
Part 56

If there are any issues that arise, don't hesitate to let me know here or through PM.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 9 2014, 5:01pm

Post #9 of 10 (66 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to you for organizing, One Ringer! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 10 2014, 5:35pm

Post #10 of 10 (82 views)
Shortcut
Thank you :)! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.