Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
My (possibly a bit too hopeful) EE wishlist

TheImaginator
Rivendell

Jan 4, 11:58pm

Views: 1029
Shortcut
My (possibly a bit too hopeful) EE wishlist Can't Post

The more I watch DOS, the more I feel it is a perfect love/stfu-letter to the complaints everyone had about AUJ. It feels like the tip of the iceberg. For the EE, this is a list of all the changes and additions I hope and expect in chronological order :

- Wilderlands:
1. When it cuts to 12 months later, it will cut to Bilbo on the Carrock with the rest of the company climbing down. He will then talk to Gandalf about the Eagles (the whole taxi service business)

2. The bit where the whole company starts to run after Gandalf mentions a house, the editing is extremely jarring. They go from being in a pine-y, rocky area to being in a very isolated field, to being again in a pine-y forest-y rocky area to being outside Beorn's. I have a feeling more of this chase will be put in.

Beorn's House:

1. The whole 2x2 introduction sequence, with Beorn outside choppin' wood. More dialogue overall.
2. Possibly a flashback with Beorn at Dol Guldur being tortured by Bolg.
3. More of the Dwarves and BIlbo joking around, including having a go on the chess set.
Cool

Edge of Mirkwood:

1. Beorn fighting/scaring of Orcs far behind the company. Brief and slightly unrevealing shots of bear form in action, rather than an actual battle scene.
2. Better CGI on the establishing shots of the company riding towards Mirkwood.
3. More of a montage showing a sense of actual travel rather than "oh lets go Mirkwood, it's next door."

Mirkwood:

1. More of being lost.
2. Enchanted water/Bombur unconscious
3. Thorin with a bow
4. The company camping more
5. Slightly longer Bilbo climbing tree sequence

Woodland Realm:

1. More of a sense of passing time
2. The whole company meets Thranduil, with Thorin staying behind.
3. Bilbo exploring and enjoying that halls.
4. The party upstairs

Barrel sequence:
1. More of Bilbo being a barrel rider
2. More of the beautiful environment around them. In the art and design there are some lovely designs for this scene that look beautiful. More of that! The TE version was non stop action, without any breaks for appreciating the chaotic beauty of the forest river.

The High Fells:
1. More dialogue
2. More of the location

Laketown:
1. Some sort of interaction between The Master and the people
2. The party and ceremony marking the company's arrival
3. More moments that make us care about Bard and his family

The Desolation of Smaug:
1. When Thorin tells Bilbo they all need to move on, BIlbo to pop the ring off and sneak and explore ruined Dale. Thorin or Balin find him and they explore together. Balin maybe tells a more detailed story about Dale in it's glory days and the wrath of Smaug.

The Lonely Mountain:
1. MUUCH more of a trek up the mountain. The Dwarves complaining etc. Really make it look like they are desperate until Bilbo finds the statue.
2. Maybe a brief scene of the struggle it took the company to get up the statue.
3. The company not to leave immediately when daylight passes. Especially Thorin, maybe so desperation from him
4. More of the dwarves to be terrified for Bilbo about Smaug, mentioning it a lot.

Dol Guldur:
1. Gandalf finding Thrain, leading to flashbacks and whatever.
2. More exploration.

Inside Information:
1. More dialogue from Bilbo and Smaug. More proud riddling from Bilbo. This scene is like a culmination of Bilbo's experiencing and he is kind of expressing what he has become and done. More of that. This scene shows his courage. In the TE the Bilbo character arc section of this film is lacking a bit.
2. Less noticable and jarring inter cutting with Laketown scenes.

Laketown post dwarves leaving:
1. More of Laketown people reacting to Orcs.

Dwarves vs Smaug:
1. More of Smaug being a psychopathic dangerous predator.
2. More of Smaug boasting and showing off.
3. Some of the molten gold CGI to be smoothed over.

In General:
- More of the Dwarves character moments i.e Oin and his trumpet, Ori and his diary, Bombur and cooking/food.
- I want the barge ride with Bard to be the middle of the film, rather than On the Doorstep like it is in the TE.
- More Bilbo moments and a more distinct character arc.

Running time prediction: TE = 161. EE = 195

What are your hopes etc? Agree with mine? Any of it preposterous to ask for? ;)

(This post was edited by TheImaginator on Jan 5, 12:00am)

Subject User Time
My (possibly a bit too hopeful) EE wishlist TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Jan 4, 11:58pm
    Excellent list! Joe20 Send a private message to Joe20 Jan 5, 12:08am
        Agreed// wonderinglinguist Send a private message to wonderinglinguist Jan 5, 12:47am
    Good list Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jan 5, 12:33am
        Theatrical cuts vs. Extended cuts BalrogTrainer Send a private message to BalrogTrainer Jan 5, 2:30am
            I agree! Scorchster Send a private message to Scorchster Jan 5, 2:53am
            Yes, I do realize that, much to my disappointment Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jan 5, 3:13am
                May I suggest... BalrogTrainer Send a private message to BalrogTrainer Jan 5, 4:00am
    Great list IMO Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 5, 3:08am
        Oh, yes, indeed – we want it ALL, not just a 13-minute not very effective drip-feed… Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jan 5, 4:46pm
            Yes, I third that. ALL of it, please.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 5, 5:00pm
    Two things that Better make it to the EE or else i will be angry MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 5, 5:13am
    I want more pony rides. warhorse78 Send a private message to warhorse78 Jan 5, 6:27am
        They are Gypsy Vanners CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Jan 5, 10:13pm
            The first shot of those horses in the meadow is one of my favorite scenes... Rowan Greene Send a private message to Rowan Greene Jan 5, 11:53pm
    Good list Synthrinya Send a private message to Synthrinya Jan 5, 7:51am
    That's a good list... Bard'sBlackArrow Send a private message to Bard'sBlackArrow Jan 8, 12:38am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.