Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Sauron with Orcs vs. White Council: How Would You Go About It?

Girdle of Melian
Rivendell

Jan 4, 3:31pm

Views: 760
Shortcut
Sauron with Orcs vs. White Council: How Would You Go About It? Can't Post

Just for fun, and setting aside who is more powerful amongst the White Council (The White Council only takes a few Elves with them; maybe even Arwen).

My take:

Elrond & Galadriel, being more agile than the Istaris mainly deal with the soldiers. Since we have seen how dear Legolas and Tauriel have such almost ridiculous type of feats in their battle scenes...Elrond and Galadriel (and even Arwen, Celeborn or Haldir, and better yet, Glorifindel) actions scenes should be next to none. Galadriel sings the wargs into sleep and uses the Phial to destroy the spell of concealment. Galadriel and Elrond (as well as the others) does more like Ninja stealth battle but when they strike Orcs fly a few feet away (just like Sauron in the initial battle). Saruman uses his voice to ensorcel some of the orcs into turning against their comrades. Radagast frees Gandalf but just before he fully does so, he is killed by Sauron, and hence Saruman arrives (is he confirmed to appear at Dol Guldur?) and battles Sauron (light battle, as with Gandalf). Gandalf then joins in the fray (using Radagast's staff) while Elrond tries to help Radagast. Saruman and Gandalf are now at a Stalemate with Sauron, and Galadriel breaks it by using her Phial once again to break the stalemate, causing Sauron to flee. I am not sure in the end if I will have Galadriel destroy Dol Guldur after the battle as it wasn't supposed to be in the books, but if she does, I hope somewhere there will be reference as to what she learned from Melian.

OR

Gandalf is to weak to fight in this battle after being captured. Elrond leads the elves to tackle the orcs with same ninja action sequence (lol), an Galadriel, Radagast and Saruman battles Sauron directly, but in the process poor rad dude is killed

Or

Radagast brings his army of animals (no...just like Narnia..lol), Saruman sings the blues, Elrond deals with the orcs, and Galadriel causes Sauron to flee (making Ainur O. nightmare come true)

of course, everything changes if some of the Nazguls were in the scene....then that would be interesting.

Subject User Time
Sauron with Orcs vs. White Council: How Would You Go About It? Girdle of Melian Send a private message to Girdle of Melian Jan 4, 3:31pm
    Galadriel does destroy Dol Guldur in the books... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 4, 4:03pm
        Well kind of KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Jan 4, 4:14pm
            As I said "It happens later...." // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 4, 4:33pm
    Mostly a group effort... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 4, 4:34pm
    My ideas: Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Send a private message to Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Jan 4, 4:56pm
        Yeah Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 4, 9:01pm
        Saruman MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 4, 9:19pm
            So? Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Jan 4, 9:20pm
                Gandalf in Dol Guldur ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 4, 9:29pm
            That really doesn't mean much... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 5, 12:05am
    My scenario is closer to the book Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 4, 9:29pm
    Ok. Name Send a private message to Name Jan 4, 9:56pm
        I don't think Azog will be there. DavidDevant Send a private message to DavidDevant Jan 4, 10:03pm
            Actually would make sense MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 4, 10:12pm
            Hmmmm Name Send a private message to Name Jan 4, 10:16pm
                The only thing he seems to be surprised by DavidDevant Send a private message to DavidDevant Jan 4, 10:23pm
                    OK, sound points. Name Send a private message to Name Jan 4, 10:33pm
                        You are worried about the 60? DavidDevant Send a private message to DavidDevant Jan 4, 10:37pm
                            But I'm talking about how PJ explains it in the films. Name Send a private message to Name Jan 4, 10:39pm
                                I suspect that DavidDevant Send a private message to DavidDevant Jan 4, 10:57pm
                        No MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 5, 12:34am
                        He doesn't have to know that Sauron went to Mordor... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 5, 12:56am
    Some thoughts HiddenSpring Send a private message to HiddenSpring Jan 5, 12:50am
        All the movies have indicated is that Galadriel will come to Gandalf's aid... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 5, 1:24am
            Of course Saruman and Elrond will be there HiddenSpring Send a private message to HiddenSpring Jan 5, 1:44am
                Personally... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 5, 1:55am
                    Honestly... HiddenSpring Send a private message to HiddenSpring Jan 5, 2:08am
                        Maybe... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jan 5, 2:48am
                    Ideally, Saruman shows up last and turns the tide. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 5, 6:47am
                        This sounds wonderful AO Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 5, 6:00pm
                        I like it, except one small detail Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Send a private message to Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Jan 6, 7:24pm
                    Agreed completely Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 5, 7:02am
    Ok, so BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Jan 5, 12:10pm
    How I am "hoping" it plays out.... QueenCirce Send a private message to QueenCirce Jan 6, 4:41am
        Thranduil will not be there Mithfânion Send a private message to Mithfânion Jan 10, 2:04pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.