TheImaginator
Rivendell

Jan 3 2014, 10:26pm

Post #1 of 5 (4404 views)
Shortcut
Bolg vs Azog Can't Post

Who would win in a fight? :D
Okay, imagine this.
Bolg comes back to Dol Guldur after losing Thorin at Laketown.
He delivers the bad news and they break into a fight. They both have their wargs at disposal. They fight throughout the whole of the fortress, a bit on the bridge and even eventually in the surrounding lands. None of the other orcs or Sauron intervene. A fight to the death. Who would win?
I have my bet on Bolg edging it slightly, going crazy with brute strength and Azog just taking hits with a stern face. Azog then gets serious and thrashes Bolg and then climbing onto his albino warg and devouring Bolg. What do you guys think?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jan 3 2014, 11:07pm

Post #2 of 5 (4226 views)
Shortcut
Azog would win [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all: I think the Necromancer would interfere and throw both of them against a wall reminding them that there are more important things to do than father-son-problems.Tongue

But since this is the Arena and you said that nobody interferes I would say Azog would win. Why? He is more cunning than Bolg. Bolg seemed to be a more brutal and practical fighter almost Berserker-like. Azog on the other hand is a strong fighter, intelligent and also looks more agile without the armor and stuff. There has to be a reason why Azog (except for his left arm) only carries self-made scars on his body while Bolg is wounded on almost every bodypart. In the end Azog remains the leader of the Orcs because he is strong but especially because is intelligent and cunning... and Bolg doesn't seemed to me that way in DOS.

Bolg is more a Lurtz kind of Orc. He is more intelligent than usual Orcs/Uruks but only as much to lead them into battle and concentrate on a mission someone else gave them but both are superior warriors.

Azog on the other hand (see the joke? Tongue) is more a Gothmog kind of Orc. Well both can't use their left arm and both are very intelligent and cunning but still strong warriors. They're leaders but also strategists.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Elskidor
Rohan

Jan 6 2014, 11:16pm

Post #3 of 5 (4152 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien Elimination Game (Round 3: Villains)

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=697710;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 9 2014, 1:07am

Post #4 of 5 (4160 views)
Shortcut
"I taught you everything you know ... [In reply to] Can't Post

but not everything I know".

Azog would win Cool.

Annatar598
Rohan

Feb 6 2014, 5:23am

Post #5 of 5 (4290 views)
Shortcut
Bolg is brute force [In reply to] Can't Post

His physical beat-down of Legolas was quite impressive and necessary to ground Legolas. Bolg is scarier than Azog IMO. Maybe it's the filth and uncleanliness about him. Azog is a little too clean.

But overall you're right, Azog would win because he is extremely intelligent. He was bold enough to combat Gandalf (he still kept launching at him despite Gandalf pushing him back) - there ain't no stopping that Orc.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.