The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Desolation of Smaug has passed 600 million worldwide

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jan 1 2014, 11:50pm

Post #1 of 6 (616 views)
Shortcut
The Desolation of Smaug has passed 600 million worldwide Can't Post

headAfter taking out the #1 spot in Australia since its opening on December 26th, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has now passed $600 million worldwide.

Thanks to Ringer, LadyEowyn for sending this in :)

GLOBAL: 'Hobbit' Breaks $600M; 'Anchorman 2' Crosses $100M; '47 Ronin' Struggles To Put Up A Fight; 'Mitty' Takes $52.8M Debut; S. Korea Becomes Top Global Market For 'About Time'

Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is keeping pace with An Unexpected Journey. The second entry in The Hobbit trilogy collected $98.3 million from 15,800 screens in 62 overseas markets this weekend, an 18% drop from the previous weekend. Smaug has now grossed $423.8 million overseas and $614.1 million worldwide.

[Read More]

In the US market alone, takings are now over $200 million.

cats16
Half-elven

Jan 2 2014, 5:32am

Post #2 of 6 (347 views)
Shortcut
It will easily pass $700m through the coming weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post

At least $30 million from the U.S. from now until Sunday, and at least double that internationally.

Should be around $750 million going into next weekend. I'll wait until Estel78 sees this though. He'll give a better idea of where it will be at. Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 2 2014, 5:57am

Post #3 of 6 (337 views)
Shortcut
Did my part [In reply to] Can't Post

and for the most part enjoyed every single one of my multiple viewings, except for the odd annoying audience member here and there. Still finding it amazing DOS is at our IMAX theater for so long AND is having good crowds, it was pretty full tonight (normally the IMAX theater rotates movies pretty fast).

Alas, the U.S. east coast is about to get hit with some nasty weather, that may keep folks away from the theaters for a few days, so glad I got my New Year's showing in.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 2 2014, 8:04am

Post #4 of 6 (305 views)
Shortcut
Probably $730m - $760m after coming Sunday [In reply to] Can't Post

Difficult to say. Last week it lost $30m on the international front compared to AUJ. Hopefully this week it can come around again.

macfalk
Valinor

Jan 2 2014, 11:17am

Post #5 of 6 (234 views)
Shortcut
Didn't it pass 600 million almost a week ago? // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Elessar
Valinor

Jan 2 2014, 2:45pm

Post #6 of 6 (224 views)
Shortcut
Late updates [In reply to] Can't Post

It seemed like it was last Sunday/Monday it did. BO Mojo is slow and getting updates in. I figure this will be in the 750-760 range by this weekend.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.