The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Book Of Tolkien Quotes?

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 29 2013, 7:31am

Post #1 of 4 (184 views)
Shortcut
Book Of Tolkien Quotes? Can't Post

So as I'm sure we all know our favourite author has penned some fantastic quotes and passages over the years throughout his array of works. But I was wondering if there is perhaps some kind of book that collects the best of the best. I know there are websites that have done it, but I would really love to have a nice physical book that collects all the beautiful and meaningful passages and lines in Tolkien's work.

I did a quick search online but couldn't come up with anything. Anyone know if such a book exists?

demnation
Rohan

Dec 29 2013, 9:50am

Post #2 of 4 (108 views)
Shortcut
Not as far as I know [In reply to] Can't Post

But Eru knows I'd be first in line to buy one. Smile

Without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless

As far as any character is 'like me' it is Faramir–except that I lack what all my characters possess: Courage.

A small knowledge of history depresses one with the sense of the everlasting mass and weight of human iniquity

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 29 2013, 2:27pm

Post #3 of 4 (122 views)
Shortcut
In the meantime there's a roughly monthly collection of quotes right here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=692685#692685]

Why not contribute a favourite?

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimë I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 29 2013, 11:49pm

Post #4 of 4 (95 views)
Shortcut
haha yes I've seen the various favourite quote threads [In reply to] Can't Post

and while they're great, I would really love sort of a coffee table style book. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.