Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DIFFERENCE in LOTR ORCS and HOBBIT ORCS

ChowdaHead
The Shire

Dec 27 2013, 2:06am

Views: 838
Shortcut
DIFFERENCE in LOTR ORCS and HOBBIT ORCS Can't Post

i really enjoyed DOS. so please do not take me for a hater. but i also find the way PJ handled orc bands in this movie to be quite sloppy. Orcs traveling quite freely through Ranger territory, Rivendell territory, Woodland Elf territory, Laketown territory, etc. without getting slaughtered. Even Beorn territory felt too easily traveled, though we at least saw him patrolling. and yes i know we saw orcs get killed in Rivendell lands but still some were left to leave. i really do not understand how the orcs were so easily able to get right on the doorstep of the Woodland King's "palace", or whatever the hell you would like to call it. Apparently the Mirkwood elves are as dumb as they are talked up to be in the movie. This was probably my biggest complaint, and i think its simply because in LOTR we are constantly reminded that Orc groups needed to travel fast and take care while camping because of the high risk of endangerment. Also, it really bothered me that the orcs in DOS could travel easily in daylight, which contradicts previous installments. These orcs were apparently damn good trackers because even after escaping their clutches via eagles, the orcs are right on the heel of our merry band of dwarves. /sigh, it just feels lazy. i dunno. i just watched Fellowship the other day and this all just really stood out to me. thoughts? help put my mind at ease?

I'd certainly let Ian McKellen manhandle me.

Subject User Time
DIFFERENCE in LOTR ORCS and HOBBIT ORCS ChowdaHead Send a private message to ChowdaHead Dec 27 2013, 2:06am
    Quite a few folk bowencm Send a private message to bowencm Dec 27 2013, 2:23am
        youre right ChowdaHead Send a private message to ChowdaHead Dec 27 2013, 3:12am
            Weren't the orcs (other than Bolg and Azog) in DOS real people in costumes and prosthetics? Scorchster Send a private message to Scorchster Dec 27 2013, 3:16am
                Yup... bowencm Send a private message to bowencm Dec 27 2013, 3:41am
                Because of the heat in the costume.. patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Dec 27 2013, 4:52am
    Thranduil's orders Scorchster Send a private message to Scorchster Dec 27 2013, 3:13am
    well....all I can say is.... Dlanor da Great Send a private message to Dlanor da Great Dec 27 2013, 3:18am
        Well, in RotK... sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 27 2013, 5:36am
        well ChowdaHead Send a private message to ChowdaHead Dec 27 2013, 10:05am
            Well Remus Send a private message to Remus Dec 27 2013, 2:28pm
    The orc captured by the elves sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 27 2013, 5:49am
    Thing is 7.62 mm FMJ Send a private message to 7.62 mm FMJ Dec 27 2013, 7:11am
        the orc cannon fodder.... Snowghost77 Send a private message to Snowghost77 Dec 28 2013, 7:17am
    Suspension of Disbelief Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Dec 27 2013, 2:29pm
    During the barrel escape... Aranaes Send a private message to Aranaes Dec 28 2013, 6:15am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.