Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What, so far, are your top 5 favourite action sequences in The Hobbit trilogy?

TheImaginator
Rivendell

Dec 27 2013, 12:15am

Views: 336
Shortcut
What, so far, are your top 5 favourite action sequences in The Hobbit trilogy? Can't Post

And also, when TABA is released, what scenes in there do you think will join your list now?

Mine, at the moment.

Honorable mentions:

The Barrel ride. First viewing I did not like it but second time I did. I also think that it holds many wonderful character moments and begins many relationships. Also very fun to watch.

Azanulbizar: Very beautiful and great music. Wonderful introduction to many characters. Amazing visuals. #oakenshieldorigins

5. Smaug. If I am honest, I did not like the majority of this fight. But everything at the end makes up for it IMO. The Golden Statue and everything that follows, symbolically and visually, I love. Smaug the Golden flying off. "Revenge?!...Revenge!...I will show YOU REVENGE." Love it. This made the whole Dwarves vs Smaug sequence worth it.

4. The Spiders. Absolutely love the spiders voices and Bilbo wearing the Ring whilst fighting. VERY scary and atmospheric.

3. Escape from Goblintown. Great fun. Also used to not like it but now I find it very enjoyable and a great showcase for the Company in action. Love the design of the place too.

2. Gandalf vs Sauron. Extremely cool and scary. Visually it is soo beautiful and creative. Sauron looked perfect. The disintegration of the staff. Woah.

1. Out of the Frying Pan. The whole sequence is perfection in my opinion. From climbing the trees to the flight of the eagles. Terrifying wargs. Azog's wonderful mannerisms and expressions. Bilbo's bravery. The tension. The hopelessness. The music. All flawless.

I think that, depending on execution, Smaug's attack on Laketown, White Council at Dol Guldur and BO5A called all easily slide into the first three places. Here's why:

Smaug on Laketown: I have a feeling this will be gorgeous to look at. An example of Smaug being the true ultimate predator after the embarrassment in DOS. This will hold many amazing character moments from the likes of Bard. It will be tragic as many will die and the prophecy will come true. The fire and the water and the noise. The black arrow. Ah, I feel it will be wonderful. Downside is, if Tauriel and Kili and Bard all attempt to take him down as teamwork and PJ turns it into an acrobatic cartoon with fire and a dragon I will not be too happy. Hopefully he won't though. :D

Dol Guldur: Galadriel, Radagast, Gandalf, Saruman all versus the Nine and Sauron at the Hill of Sorcery. Oh, this will be amazing. Plenty of potential. Could be easily messed up and could look very fake and too colourful and bland. But, if Gandalf vs Sauron has any hints in it, it will be great.

BO5A: Need I say anything? All the potential and moments and scope. Hopefully will be amazing. :D

What about you guys?

Subject User Time
What, so far, are your top 5 favourite action sequences in The Hobbit trilogy? TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Dec 27 2013, 12:15am
    Barrel ride! Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 27 2013, 12:26am
    I loved Gandalf vs. Sauron, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 27 2013, 12:31am
    I suspect the third movie won't have ... patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Dec 27 2013, 1:08am
    Gandalf, Beorn and Bard Ranger Send a private message to Ranger Dec 27 2013, 7:42am
    Loved all of those morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Dec 27 2013, 7:49am
    Top5 NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Dec 27 2013, 8:10am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.