Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dis never married?

jkm7
The Shire

Dec 23 2013, 10:21am

Views: 568
Shortcut
Dis never married? [In reply to] Can't Post

I also noted, that neither of them is ever introduced as son of..... In a society where you carry half your (male) family tree in your name this seems very strange. Thorin is always, son of Thrain son of Thror, Balin signs the contract with son of Fundin. When Thorin introduces them in Laketown, shouldn't he introduce them as Fili and Kili sons of (whatever the name of their father was)? But no, he calls them, "the sons of my fathers daughter."
What if Dis was never married? In a lot of societies, illegitimate children were not thought as even being related to their biological father, let alone allowed to carry his name. They belonged to their mothers family only. Maybe they even have different fathers? They don't look that similar to each other, compeltely different hair and eye colour, different shaped facial features.If at all they could be half brothers imho.

(This post was edited by jkm7 on Dec 23 2013, 10:23am)

Subject User Time
Fili is being sidelined *book/movie spoilers* Rane Send a private message to Rane Dec 23 2013, 1:35am
    Fili is being punished for coming Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Dec 23 2013, 1:39am
    I have a feeling... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Dec 23 2013, 1:39am
        I kinda got that vibe Rane Send a private message to Rane Dec 23 2013, 1:48am
            That's my hope wonderinglinguist Send a private message to wonderinglinguist Dec 23 2013, 2:10am
    I got the impression that Fili was highlighted in this movie. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 23 2013, 2:58am
    Fili had some awesome moments to shine in DOS Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 3:25am
        The Rumors Of My Sidelining Have Been Greatly Exaggerated Fili Send a private message to Fili Dec 23 2013, 4:15am
            egotistical much? Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 5:23am
    I think he will be in TABA more tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Dec 23 2013, 4:42am
        But he had some cool scenes in DOS Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Dec 24 2013, 11:16pm
    Next in line for the throne? Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Dec 23 2013, 5:10am
        that is very interesting Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 5:30am
            Agnatic Primogeniture, Matrilineal Marriage, And Other Fun Words At Parties Fili Send a private message to Fili Dec 23 2013, 7:07am
                excellent solution Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 7:32am
        That's an assumption marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Dec 23 2013, 6:15am
    Not sidelined, per se... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 23 2013, 6:42am
    Dis never married? jkm7 Send a private message to jkm7 Dec 23 2013, 10:21am
        Their father CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Dec 23 2013, 10:58am
        I doubt Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 11:58pm
            Okay jkm7 Send a private message to jkm7 Dec 24 2013, 4:47pm
                Well Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 24 2013, 6:27pm
                    this makes sense Bard'sBlackArrow Send a private message to Bard'sBlackArrow Dec 24 2013, 10:19pm
    I am now... KasDel Send a private message to KasDel Dec 24 2013, 4:58am
    Kíli definitely... BalrogTrainer Send a private message to BalrogTrainer Dec 25 2013, 4:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.