Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Thorin Oakenshield Hoodie?

LastoftheRohirrim
The Shire

Dec 5 2013, 6:36pm

Post #1 of 4 (145 views)
Shortcut
Thorin Oakenshield Hoodie? Can't Post

Any one purchase this hoodie? Is it worth the money? Trying to decide if i should order it or not? Thanks!

http://www.hobbitshop.com/product/the+hobbit+an+unexpected+journey+thorin++zipup+hoodie+hobjxhdthrn.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Avandel
Valinor

Dec 5 2013, 8:03pm

Post #2 of 4 (88 views)
Shortcut
can comment on T-shirts [In reply to] Can't Post

Just based on my experience ordering the DOS limited edition Smaug T-shirt and the "gold" Thorin/Bilbo design T-shirts (which I liked enough to order 3, but still...). My opinion on the T-shirts only - good, but not great (keeping in mind last year I got 2 heavyweight cotton Ts at CVS for $10). 1) The T-shirts themselves seem "ordinary" - not xtra beefy cotton or anything - not super thin but not super thick. 2) The printing was well done, but very muted compared to what you see on screen - maybe because printed on black? Ended up liking the effect, but expected brighter colors. Will wash carefully and the fit was very true to size, so if you want a loose fit go up a size. Shipping was good and fast.

Based on that experience, if I were going to buy this hoodie (which is very nice) I'd still wait for a sale, myself. I'd love the hoodie but to me that is high in price even w. machine embroidery - because I'd want t know the sweatshirt itself is top quality and the embroidery perfect. Hope this helps a bit!

LastoftheRohirrim
The Shire

Dec 9 2013, 1:57am

Post #3 of 4 (88 views)
Shortcut
dos [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the insight!!!

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 23 2013, 1:15am

Post #4 of 4 (64 views)
Shortcut
I'd wait for a sale too... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's way too expensive for a hoodie. I like the Gandalf one as well, but am holding out.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.