The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
LA in early March

caoil
The Shire

Dec 22 2013, 11:55pm

Post #1 of 5 (360 views)
Shortcut
LA in early March Can't Post

Hello all! I know there is no official Party this year for the Oscars, but I wondered if people are still going to get together in any capacity that weekend (Sun Mar 2 is the night of the broadcast)? I might be able to sneak a cheap flight and would gladly hang out/have dinner/find somewhere to watch it/get dressed up regardless?

~caoil

caoil
The Shire

Jan 7 2014, 6:07am

Post #2 of 5 (304 views)
Shortcut
Pretty please? [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone? Bueller? folks who live in LA proper?
It's been a long time (10 years, in fact, since I was at the Return of the One Party) since I've been able to meet any of you. I would really like to! Smile

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 16 2014, 5:03pm

Post #3 of 5 (192 views)
Shortcut
Look six threads up [In reply to] Can't Post

A dinner/viewing/auction get-together is being planned, but the venue hasn't been decided on yet. So, you could make plane reservations, but I'd advise waiting on the hotel. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

caoil
The Shire

Jan 16 2014, 6:33pm

Post #4 of 5 (189 views)
Shortcut
Eerily... [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually emailed a couple of staffers last night just to see, and one responded to say, yes, watch for the post. It was a little bit eerie...Wink

Any rough thoughts on potential areas it might be in? Or are a few venues under consideration that are all in different neighbourhoods?

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2014, 6:57pm

Post #5 of 5 (247 views)
Shortcut
Completely guessing [In reply to] Can't Post

but it would make sense to have the party in the Hollywood area. But I know they are looking for venues and it depends on what they can get. But the folks in charge are great party-planners and most of them were behind our Oscar Party. You will have a great event.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.