Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Who will be the 5th army at BO5A?

TheImaginator
Rivendell

Dec 22 2013, 11:30pm

Views: 879
Shortcut
Who will be the 5th army at BO5A? Can't Post

So we have Elves, Dwarfs, Men and Orcs as pretty much confirmed. Considering Wargs are, in these adaptions, combined with the Orcs who will the 5th army be?

Eagles are not considered an "army" and I doubt the bats will be counted.

Here are some of my ideas:
- Goblins from Misty Mountains.
Positives about idea: Would be nice to see this as it would make AUJ even more relevant and could be cool to work in a nice revenge subplot.
Negatives: Could be odd to see those Goblins that we saw in AUJ in daytime on battlefield as they seem more feral and not very military. I'm not sure it would work.
- The White Council.
Positives: Could make sense in the plot. After DG subplot, they join battle. Could also look cool visually.
Negatives: They are too few to be considered an army and they would be very overpowered.

Another idea is that PJ changes it to BO4A, but that has less of a ring to it ;)

What do you all think?

Subject User Time
Who will be the 5th army at BO5A? TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Dec 22 2013, 11:30pm
    Another idea I have: TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Dec 22 2013, 11:49pm
    5? book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Dec 22 2013, 11:56pm
    Why? Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Dec 22 2013, 11:58pm
        I thought they were tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Dec 23 2013, 12:10am
    they may Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 23 2013, 4:05am
    In the book... patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Dec 23 2013, 6:57am
        No they weren't. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 23 2013, 7:22am
            Interesting... patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Dec 23 2013, 8:11am
            Though in that chapter Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Dec 23 2013, 9:27am
    the eagles i guess triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Dec 23 2013, 9:52am
        Eagles Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Dec 23 2013, 9:54am
            See my comment above ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 23 2013, 10:05am
        I think the difference Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Dec 24 2013, 12:00am
    The 5th Army Will Be... Anduril54 Send a private message to Anduril54 Dec 23 2013, 3:54pm
        Pfffftttt!!! You just almost made me spit out my soda laughing!! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Dec 23 2013, 10:04pm
    I could get behind adding in the Misty Mountain Goblins... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Dec 24 2013, 4:11am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.