Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dol Guldur

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 21 2013, 8:12pm

Post #1 of 5 (841 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur Can't Post

Really looking forward to this battle in TABA! Anyone else? Question: the army marching forth from Dol Guldur does anyone believe them to be Gundabad orcs? They are so much like Mordor orcs in stature (ready for battle). Will Bolg go and get MORE warriors from Gundabad? He rides off in DOS on a warg after fighting Legolas and I believe he is headed there! Remember when Azog called forth Bolg at Dol Guldur....I believe it is in the plan to have Bolg as a last ditch effort bring down the remaining forces at Gundabad! What does everyone think?

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 21 2013, 8:13pm)

Elskidor
Rohan

Dec 21 2013, 8:42pm

Post #2 of 5 (555 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur is something I'm very excited to see with the White Council [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien Elimination Game

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=689393;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Dec 21 2013, 8:42pm

Post #3 of 5 (542 views)
Shortcut
I don't think we are going to see anything related to Mount Gundabad... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be surprised if we did. The Orcs are issuing from Dol Guldur on Sauron's orders in the films (an idea I'm not too keen on). I think Bolg is headed back to Dol Guldur, to be honest.

Bernhardina
Rohan

Dec 21 2013, 9:58pm

Post #4 of 5 (497 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just hope the council is complete! I get that they cannot use the characters that were not in AUJ, but I am going to be mad if Elrond is not there or even Radagast! But yeah, looking forward to it Smile

xxxyyy
Rohan

Dec 22 2013, 12:51am

Post #5 of 5 (453 views)
Shortcut
It's the thing I'm most interested in, because it has the biggest consequences in LOTR. [In reply to] Can't Post

This will be the most critical part of TH.
We will have to discover may important thing, important for the whole saga. May I say this is the most crucial battle in Middle Earth?
Stuff like this will need to be addressed:

1-The power of the three Rings
2-Saruman turning evil
3-the power of the One Ring (and Sauron) will dimish? tricking Gandalf into thinking it's a simple common magic ring?
4-the power of the Nazgul will dimish (they are connected to Sauron)? otherwise they would go straight to the Ring when Bilbo wers it
5-many more I cannot think of

I woudn't give PJ's problems to a monkey on a rock.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.