Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TABA's necrology

Radagast's Lead Bunny
Rivendell

Dec 17 2013, 9:41pm

Post #1 of 20 (755 views)
Shortcut
TABA's necrology Can't Post

A lot of characters are supposed to die in TABA :

Smaug
Thorin
Fili
Kili
The Master of Laketown
Alfrid (I hope)
Maybe Tauriel too
Azog
Bolg

Don't you think it will be too much ?

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Dec 17 2013, 9:45pm

Post #2 of 20 (476 views)
Shortcut
ROTK [In reply to] Can't Post

Return of the King had:

Saruman
Grima
Denethor
The Witch King
Gothmog
Theoden
Gollum
Sauron

I don't think it'll be too much. Alfrid and Tauriel could live anyway

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 17 2013, 9:46pm

Post #3 of 20 (416 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

they all need to go. It will be fine.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Guert
Bree

Dec 17 2013, 9:49pm

Post #4 of 20 (402 views)
Shortcut
LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

All three LOTR had their emoval losses...

FOTR had Boromir (and Gandalf one could say)

TTT had Haldir, we could even say Theodred since it helped develop king Theoden.

No death on The Hobbit yet ! This third movie will be filled with emotions !

daemoon
Rivendell

Dec 17 2013, 9:51pm

Post #5 of 20 (382 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't get me wrong, but I hope one of Bard's daughters die in the Attack of Laketown, to add some more drama in the movie (and please the critics' thirst for blood).Tongue

Radagast's Lead Bunny
Rivendell

Dec 17 2013, 9:58pm

Post #6 of 20 (356 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ won't kill children.

Laketown characters to die are the Master and Alfrid.

And Tauriel I hope too Mad

dave_lf
Gondor

Dec 17 2013, 10:07pm

Post #7 of 20 (357 views)
Shortcut
In order to reduce the bodycount [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog will survive. Evil

Radagast's Lead Bunny
Rivendell

Dec 17 2013, 10:10pm

Post #8 of 20 (320 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

Orcs characters never survive.

Kendalf
Rohan

Dec 17 2013, 10:30pm

Post #9 of 20 (294 views)
Shortcut
They're all different, though [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Don't you think it will be too much?

Not really, no, as audience reaction will vary. Some of the deaths will be causes for celebration (Azog, Bolg), some will primarily function as jaw-dropping spectacle (Smaug), some may be cause for a chuckle (the Master).

Only a small handful will be cause for sorrow... Frown

"I have found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 17 2013, 10:32pm

Post #10 of 20 (293 views)
Shortcut
I'm picking [In reply to] Can't Post

that Tauriel's death will reinforce Orlando's learned antagonism towards Dwarves ("She wouldn't have been fighting in BO5A if she hadn't left Mirkwood to go after moon-eyed Dwarf!"), which leads to his posturing at the Council of Elrond in FOTR.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 10:37pm

Post #11 of 20 (271 views)
Shortcut
That makes sense [In reply to] Can't Post

It also goes with I think why he eventually warms to Gimli.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 10:54pm

Post #12 of 20 (282 views)
Shortcut
But another BoFA death? [In reply to] Can't Post

I really can't see them doing that. I'm really at a loss about what they'll do with Tauriel. Is it confirmed that she's in the BoFA? Maybe she could die in the Laketown destruction. I don't think it's likely, but it's a possibility.

"Yet fairest of all are the willows of Nan-tathren, pale green, or silver in the wind, and the rustle of their innumerable leaves is a spell of music: day and night would flicker by uncounted, while still I stood knee-deep in grass and listened. There I was enchanted, and forgot the Sea in my heart." - Unfinished Tales

tsmith675
Gondor

Dec 17 2013, 11:35pm

Post #13 of 20 (235 views)
Shortcut
It's basically confirmed... [In reply to] Can't Post

She's said in interviews about working in the BoFA and it taking a tremendous physical toll on her.

"Seriously, why was the scene with CGI dwarf ass NOT in the theatrical cut?!"

Fili
Lorien

Dec 17 2013, 11:43pm

Post #14 of 20 (204 views)
Shortcut
I Think Laketown Deaths Are Fair Game [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel, Fili, Kili...any one of them could die from Smaug's attack.

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 1:36am

Post #15 of 20 (149 views)
Shortcut
That's what I thought. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I wasn't entirely sure. Thanks! Smile

"Yet fairest of all are the willows of Nan-tathren, pale green, or silver in the wind, and the rustle of their innumerable leaves is a spell of music: day and night would flicker by uncounted, while still I stood knee-deep in grass and listened. There I was enchanted, and forgot the Sea in my heart." - Unfinished Tales

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 1:39am

Post #16 of 20 (140 views)
Shortcut
I still haven't seen DOS [In reply to] Can't Post

So I'm not sure which dwarves are left in laketown, but I think kili and fili are known to have filmed a the BOFA. It would have to be a different dwarf then. I suppose it's possible that the master's death will be brought into the present narrative and he'll die in Smaug's attack, but I doubt it.

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 18 2013, 1:50am

Post #17 of 20 (136 views)
Shortcut
Nope... [In reply to] Can't Post

Many of them die in the book anyway.

Speculation:

I'd add Radagast in there somewhere too (sorry Radagast's Lead Bunny.)

Tauriel's death might give Legolas even more of a reason to hate dwarves until LoTR. She will sacrifice herself for Legolas or Thranduil I think.

And Azog & Bolg need to be dispatched anyway. Hope Thorin gets his revenge before he dies.

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Dec 18 2013, 1:56am

Post #18 of 20 (150 views)
Shortcut
They should all die, in fact I feel that is one of The Hobbit's strengths [In reply to] Can't Post

With Thorin, Kili and Fili, as well as maybe Tauriel all dying in the end I think there's more potential for drama, making it feel like there's some real consequences and loss for our heroes. Letting some of them get out of it alive would just cheapen it and be a big change for the worse from the story as written.

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Dec 18 2013, 2:54am

Post #19 of 20 (126 views)
Shortcut
Please PJ Put Us Out of Our Misery [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell us that Fili and Kili will die was they do in the book. You can send each of us a secret message so that those who don't know how the story ends can be kept in suspense. But it is killing us not knowing if you are going to change this part of the story. I'm begging you. . .

ChowdaHead
The Shire

Dec 18 2013, 3:33am

Post #20 of 20 (100 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

it certainly needs to be a good death. shes a cool character. definitely a breath of fresh air, imo.

I'd certainly let Ian McKellen manhandle me.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.