Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Will you stay on TORn after the last Hobbit movie is released?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Will you stay on TORn after the last Hobbit movie is released?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results (95 votes)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 16 2013, 5:41pm

Post #1 of 45 (561 views)
Shortcut
Will you stay on TORn after the last Hobbit movie is released? Can't Post

After reading the thread on Main about what's next for us Tolkien fans, I'm curious. Will you still be hanging around TORn after the last Hobbit EE has been released?

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 16 2013, 6:01pm

Post #2 of 45 (306 views)
Shortcut
Yes I will... [In reply to] Can't Post

Its about so much more to me than just the films. Granted I love them, and so thankful that the LOTR films inspired the Founders to start TORn. But there are so many layers of this community to enjoy, from just sharing the personal and everyday things with each other to the timeless Reading Room, which have no expiration date and little or nothing to do with films being released.
I have come and gone over the years but I think will stay around for good this time. Cool

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Dec 16 2013, 6:05pm

Post #3 of 45 (342 views)
Shortcut
I'm already fading. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just like the elves. I don't like this latest set of fiascoes enough to want to discuss them. I don't like them enough to want to play games about them. If I do still visit, I'll probably do more lurking, and keep my posting on Off Topic. I haven't even visited the LOTR movie board for any length of time, really, since the new boards went live. I haven't visited the Arena much either, and that used to be the only place I visited when I first joined TORn. Maybe I'll perk up a little after I get over my disappointment in The Hobbit movies. Maybe. It will be for the fellowship of the TORnadoes more than any desire to discuss anything in particular.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Dec 16 2013, 7:23pm

Post #4 of 45 (294 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely... [In reply to] Can't Post

I stayed after Return of the King, why o why would I leave this place? There is no where else on the planet - save my 'secret room' in the basement that is lined with old stuffed animals that I've named after Tolkien characters where I hole up in times of need and act out scenes - that I can get this kind of Tolkien info and enlightenment....

demnation
Rohan

Dec 16 2013, 10:54pm

Post #5 of 45 (258 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

and maybe. I honestly first came to TORn to talk about Tolkien, not the movies, so I can say I'll stick around in the RR for a good long while. The strong sense of camaraderie on this board is a great reason to stay, and this is seriously one of the nicest places on the net. But I say maybe because TORn eats up massive amounts of my free time (my own fault, of course!), time that I might not have in such abundance in the future as life starts and things happen.

malickfan
Gondor

Dec 16 2013, 11:03pm

Post #6 of 45 (273 views)
Shortcut
Yes...though I doubt I will post as frequently [In reply to] Can't Post

With work commitments, lack of free time (and lack of necessary enthusiasm for The Hobbit films) I don't think I will be posting as frequently-when I joined 2 years ago I'd be here every day, today is the first lengthy visit for perhaps a month...it's no reflection on the community...I just feel different about the fandom now, and I don't have the time to post in a forum, where all too often my opinions lead knowhere interesting.

I've never really have the knowledge to venture deep into The Reading Room...who knows perhaps TABA may give me the kick I need to re read the books properly...

That said I'm sure I'll be around pretty steadily for some years in one way or another, I do love the forum, and the people here...even if I do often feel at odds with the general opinions being stated.

And of course someone needs to help Daniel with the Forum's Talking Purse appreciation society Wink

RangerLady23
Lorien

Dec 16 2013, 11:14pm

Post #7 of 45 (261 views)
Shortcut
Totally! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love connecting with other fans, especially LotR fans like me! I will most certainly be staying on.

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 17 2013, 3:41am

Post #8 of 45 (256 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't really got anywhere else to go...Blush

The couches are quite comfy around here, and the drinks are good. The company is also rather nice.
Think I might stick around...

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 17 2013, 4:38am

Post #9 of 45 (244 views)
Shortcut
all we need.... [In reply to] Can't Post

is a bird bath

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Dec 17 2013, 5:26am

Post #10 of 45 (234 views)
Shortcut
This place is a comfy hobbit hole [In reply to] Can't Post

amidst the Mordor of the internet.

cats16
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 6:08am

Post #11 of 45 (228 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm settling in for the long haul.

Kim
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 7:15am

Post #12 of 45 (228 views)
Shortcut
Very nicely put [In reply to] Can't Post

I too intend to stick around for quite a while. I'm finding this hobbit hole quite comfy. Smile

Kim
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 7:16am

Post #13 of 45 (257 views)
Shortcut
Plus [In reply to] Can't Post

We can talk about Thorin forever! Laugh

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 17 2013, 12:13pm

Post #14 of 45 (218 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, but probably not to the same extent [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit movie(s) are the reason I found this place, but just because the movies are soon complete doesn't mean I'll just take off and leave, since I've come to love this place. However, I will probably not be around nearly as much as I am today.

Annael
Half-elven

Dec 17 2013, 3:46pm

Post #15 of 45 (215 views)
Shortcut
sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been here since 1999, I stayed on between the last LOTR movie when there was no expectation that any other movies would be made. I may have come here for the movies but I stay for the excellent company.

Annael
Half-elven

Dec 17 2013, 3:52pm

Post #16 of 45 (224 views)
Shortcut
exactly // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 17 2013, 11:58pm

Post #17 of 45 (193 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Yes we can. Excellent idea Kim. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 12:55am

Post #18 of 45 (221 views)
Shortcut
*despairs with you* [In reply to] Can't Post

See if this doesn't stir your soul, sister.

Don't say, we have come now to the end...

Queen of Erebor
Lorien

Dec 18 2013, 1:14am

Post #19 of 45 (197 views)
Shortcut
I was wondering when you'd bring that up... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

but please, not the bad stuff, that's going to depress me to no end. Since I'm more pessimistic by nature (sort of like Dori), it's quite a challenge for me not to dwell on this stuff. Did you know that a younger fan on one of my other forums has recently become interested in Thorin? I even thought I was to blame, since I constantly talk about Thorin (I'm a fan, if I cause others to become interested because of my seemingly endless talk, then so be it), though according to her I wasn't. She even started a fan club! Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 1:30am

Post #20 of 45 (201 views)
Shortcut
Heh, isn't that, isn't that odd though? [In reply to] Can't Post

Heh, isn't that, isn't that odd though?

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 1:33am

Post #21 of 45 (187 views)
Shortcut
Yet, after all why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

Darrowdelf anyone?

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 1:35am

Post #22 of 45 (190 views)
Shortcut
Why shouldn't I keep it? [In reply to] Can't Post

*sniff*

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 1:50am

Post #23 of 45 (180 views)
Shortcut
Like the part where he... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bites it? Wink

I'm actually really looking forward to that scene, though. If it can capture the beauty and poignancy of the book, it'll be fantastic.

By the way, is your avatar a still from DOS? I don't recall having seen that picture before.

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 1:56am

Post #24 of 45 (173 views)
Shortcut
Cruel Arda taunts ussss, preciousssss! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bites it? Wink

I'm actually really looking forward to that scene, though. If it can capture the beauty and poignancy of the book, it'll be fantastic

(OK, I admit it, I laughed *out loud* there!) And I both hope and fear it will. Unsure

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 2:01am

Post #25 of 45 (201 views)
Shortcut
One more for good measure [In reply to] Can't Post

Watch for the surprise ending.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.