Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Will you stay on TORn after the last Hobbit movie is released?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Will you stay on TORn after the last Hobbit movie is released?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results (95 votes)

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 3:31am

Post #26 of 45 (240 views)
Shortcut
Perfect [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I have everything I need. Smile

Kim
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 7:00am

Post #27 of 45 (235 views)
Shortcut
I am in complete denial [In reply to] Can't Post

about *that* scene, and will be trying my best to pretend it doesn't exist. *Not listening!* Fingers in my ears "la la la la" The only topics we'll be discussing are his hair, how majestic he is and how he wears a kilt. Wink

But seriously, I'm pretty sure that when that time comes, RA and MF will blow it out of the park.

sador
Half-elven

Dec 18 2013, 10:12am

Post #28 of 45 (237 views)
Shortcut
The movies won't be the deciding factor. [In reply to] Can't Post

I stay around because it's fun, and because I like the place and people. But many of those who welcomed me when I've joined have left, or post only infrequently; even most of "my generation"* are here no longer.
One day I might move on myself. Already I post here less and less. But this will be because of RL commitments, because I will have had enough of being a fan, or because this place will change. Only the third option might be influenced by the movies - and hopefully, the RR won't be affected too much.

"Those who have joined in around the move to the new boards, after the excitement of the LotR trilogy died out, and before the Hobbit movies were seriously considered.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 2:33pm

Post #29 of 45 (244 views)
Shortcut
*perking up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, you've been paying attention. But I'll say it again for those who haven't: Best scene of the book and movie. Rohan had come at last.

Thanks, Sir Dennis. Heart

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 18 2013, 2:42pm

Post #30 of 45 (236 views)
Shortcut
just for you [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.amagpiesnest.com/a/quotecards/08.htm

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Dec 18 2013, 5:45pm

Post #31 of 45 (225 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I must be destined to hang around this place. Just before coming to TORn now, I had an email from Alamo Drafthouse, the movie theater that does the LOTR trilogy showing with all the Hobbit meals. For recently purchasing tickets to DOS from their theater, I was randomly chosen to receive a free download of "The Woodland Realm" from the soundtrack of DOS. Funny thing is, though, I bought the tickets for the wrong theater and had to get a refund. We ended up seeing DOS at a completely different theater chain. Crazy

Not only that, when I was making my username for TORn, in my head, "AlassŽa Eruvande" is a Mirkwood elf who traveled to Ithilien after the war to help restore it. I even had "descendant of the Woodland Realm" as part of my profile on Old TORn. Laugh

So, fair warning, it seems y'all are stuck with me. Tongue

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 18 2013, 7:12pm

Post #32 of 45 (215 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Just before coming to TORn now, I had an email from Alamo Drafthouse,

Before I read the rest of that sentence I thought Alamo Drafthouse was a person, and I thought, "What a great Hobbit name!" :D

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 18 2013, 10:48pm

Post #33 of 45 (213 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad to hear it [In reply to] Can't Post

It is, perhaps, inevitable that people do fade away. But I miss them when they do.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Dec 18 2013, 11:16pm

Post #34 of 45 (195 views)
Shortcut
You were talking to me, weren't you? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
By the way, is your avatar a still from DOS? I don't recall having seen that picture before.

You may want to include my username the next time, since it makes it easier (I prefer flat mode, since it's what I'm used to from other forums and it's easier to read)

Yes it is. I think it's the scene when Thorin's looking out the window in Laketown. You'll find the same picture in both the Visual Companion (it's on the opposite page of the intro) and in the Official Movie Guide.Smile

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Dec 19 2013, 1:31am

Post #35 of 45 (207 views)
Shortcut
Of course. [In reply to] Can't Post

I joined in 2001, and overdosed on Tolkien in the next few years, after waiting 30 years for someone to make a live-action movie of LotR.

I haven't been very excited about the Hobbit movies. I saw the first one in the theater once. I bought the movie and started watching it and got bored and didn't finish it. I haven't seen the second one yet.

But I've met so many wonderful people here, and that's what keeps me coming back. I have cut back, and migrated to facebook, where about a third of my friends are people I met on TORn. But I peek in here every day or two, and find all kinds of treasures.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 19 2013, 1:41am

Post #36 of 45 (205 views)
Shortcut
Same here, re the flat mode. [In reply to] Can't Post

In 'in reply to' link is very handy for double-checking which post is in reply to what.

Carcharoth
Rivendell

Dec 19 2013, 9:20am

Post #37 of 45 (186 views)
Shortcut
While my presence has diminished... [In reply to] Can't Post

...TORn remains one of my favorite places.
I awoke on the old boards in the Second Age and had the chance to attend two TORnMoots in 2004 (ATL in June and San Diego in December).

Through my experiences on the boards (the thread we had on the Main board during the 2004 Academy Awards, watching from home while so many of our 'sibs were in attendance at the ceremony, remains a highlight) and as part of those moots I've made a few wonderful friends and I've come to count this community as one of the best groups of folks that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
So while I may not be around as much as I was in days past, I will attend these halls until their (or my) final days.

"Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall."

caoil
The Shire

Dec 23 2013, 12:19am

Post #38 of 45 (170 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not going anywhere either, said the hobbit who's been around and about since early 2002. The movies were a way for some of us to connect & find each other, but it's bigger than that now.

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Dec 23 2013, 2:21am

Post #39 of 45 (161 views)
Shortcut
Lurking on the edges as I currently do// [In reply to] Can't Post

ryouko
Lorien

Dec 24 2013, 2:07am

Post #40 of 45 (153 views)
Shortcut
maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

I seem to come and go as it is.

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 26 2013, 9:59pm

Post #41 of 45 (131 views)
Shortcut
"Come for the movies, stay for the company" [In reply to] Can't Post

That about sums it up for me too!

AriesT
Bree

Dec 27 2013, 1:53pm

Post #42 of 45 (121 views)
Shortcut
I will eventually [In reply to] Can't Post

And I will never give up hope, although very unlikely, to see the films on the big screen again. Or even new films in the future.
I hope they re-release the films in the future. It is their duty to keep this fandom as active and alive as it has been in the last 14 years since PJ started producing the films.
Damn I'm getting old... and I am only 26. @_@

Maciliel
Valinor

Dec 27 2013, 2:13pm

Post #43 of 45 (130 views)
Shortcut
yes, of course [In reply to] Can't Post

the reading room is my primary board. and there's still much to talk about, even though tolkien is no longer writing any middle-earth books.

i suspect the hobbit boards will get less incendiary over time, as those with thoughtful, temperate opinions outlast those without. i think that has been the case on the lotr movie board, and i suspect it will be so on the hobbit movie board.

of course, everyone will have renewed vigor when jackson announces he's directing a nine-part film series of the silmarillion. malickfan (especially) will be around for that.

cheers : )

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Jan 1 2014, 9:49pm

Post #44 of 45 (189 views)
Shortcut
Nothing to do with the Hobbit movie [In reply to] Can't Post

My presence on TORN is due to my love for Tolkien.

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Jan 12 2014, 5:29am

Post #45 of 45 (95 views)
Shortcut
Definitely... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I'll stay and post. My reacquaintance with Tolkien is something I hope to stick with for a long while. And I like learning and discussing with other fans on this board.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.