Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dain Ironfoot

AinurMäiron
The Shire

Dec 14 2013, 5:20pm

Post #1 of 13 (718 views)
Shortcut
Dain Ironfoot Can't Post

So, probably it's a bit too early, but who's anxious to see Dain Ironfoot?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2013, 5:28pm

Post #2 of 13 (461 views)
Shortcut
I but you will have to wait two years [In reply to] Can't Post

seeing what happened with Thrain and the amount of characters to be shown on TABA (I thought Smaug wuld die in DoS) I fear Dain would be for the extended if any.

Some kind of Imrahil with a little bit more of screentime

So wait it for the EE

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Rickster
Rohan

Dec 14 2013, 5:31pm

Post #3 of 13 (427 views)
Shortcut
Galandriel [In reply to] Can't Post

We only look forward to the shooting down of Smaug and the arrival of Lady Galadriel
She is fantastic

Arandir
Gondor

Dec 14 2013, 5:36pm

Post #4 of 13 (406 views)
Shortcut
Me too, I was hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

we would get a glimpse of him in DoS.

Now, I think he'll feature in the prologue to TABA - so that they can establish him as one of the major characters in the BOFA and what happens later ...

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 14 2013, 6:13pm

Post #5 of 13 (367 views)
Shortcut
Two years? Nonsense. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I but you will have to wait two years seeing what happened with Thrain and the amount of characters to be shown on TABA (I thought Smaug wuld die in DoS) I fear Dain would be for the extended if any.

Some kind of Imrahil with a little bit more of screentime

So wait it for the EE

Don't be silly. There and Back Again is only one year away. And we can expect the extended edition of The Desolation of Smaug in less than that.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Arandir
Gondor

Dec 14 2013, 6:27pm

Post #6 of 13 (354 views)
Shortcut
I think isaac was referring to [In reply to] Can't Post

the prospect of seeing Dain in 2015 - when the Extended Edition of TABA is released (hence, two years from now).

Though I doubt he'll be absent from the theatrical cut of TABA (at least, I hope he's there!) Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

(This post was edited by Arandir on Dec 14 2013, 6:28pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 14 2013, 7:01pm

Post #7 of 13 (314 views)
Shortcut
Dain and Thrain [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I don't think that there's any chance of Dain being cut completely out of the theatrical cut of There and Back Again. He may have some individual scenes (and/or extended scenes) that will be reserved for the extended edition, but he still has to lead the Dwarves of the Iron Hills into battle and

(SPOILER)
he needs to be established as the new King under the Mountain.
(SPOILER ENDS)

I think that we will see more of Thrain in TH:DoS-EE, but time will tell.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2013, 7:15pm

Post #8 of 13 (312 views)
Shortcut
Well considering Conolly too important to left him out after Saruman being cut from ROTK [In reply to] Can't Post

I was refering to TABA EE yes. Since the dragon doesnt die in DOS there is not so much room for all the conflicts left and the journey home, so I see totally possible of Conolly´s role being reduced, I I saw Conan disappear from themovies and all that.

I would like to Smaug die in Dos and politicall issues with Dain being shown in TABA but there is no time with so much characters

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Dec 14 2013, 7:23pm

Post #9 of 13 (294 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

He may be included in DoS EE Smile
Denethor was introduced to us in the EE of TTT and Dain may do the same Wink

Vocalist in the progressive metal band 5 Minutes Late
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2013, 8:41pm

Post #10 of 13 (269 views)
Shortcut
Dain will almost certainly feature in the TaBA TE... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and possibly even the DoS EE.

Not sure why this is even in question.

peterLF
Rivendell

Dec 15 2013, 7:54am

Post #11 of 13 (202 views)
Shortcut
written out [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's pretty obvious by now that he is not going to be involved with the main storyline. He's not going to kill Azog or Bolg. Those are clearly reserved for Beorn and Legolas respectively.

I know it's a bummer, but it's pretty blatantly set up this way.

Connolly haven't been shooting much, so his role is going to be fairly small. Which is disappointing and somewhat unexpected, since his name is mentioned in the very beginning of AUJ.

Briza
Bree

Dec 15 2013, 9:30am

Post #12 of 13 (197 views)
Shortcut
re: written out by peterLF [In reply to] Can't Post

I highly doubt Legolas would get to kill Bolg, his fate would be at the hands of a more important character. My guess would be either Thorin or Dain.

peterLF
Rivendell

Dec 17 2013, 5:43am

Post #13 of 13 (166 views)
Shortcut
hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

I sincerely hope so, but that's not at all how they've set it up right now.

And like I pointed out - it's fairly unlikely Dain is going to be a major character, since Connolly didn't film for very long and a character introduced that late will probably have less impact. Mind, he has already been written out of the prologue (Battle of Moria).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.