Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Tibboh eht: Noissucsid Eivom:
"... And so do Burglars" Moment was in a production video but not in the film

Scourge of the Stoors
Llednevir

Dec 14 2013, 7:43am

Post #1 of 8 (537 views)
Shortcut
"... And so do Burglars" Moment was in a production video but not in the film Can't Post

I can't remember which production video it was, but one of them showed Martin Freeman in full Bilbo makeup saying the end of the "Horses take some catching, and so do burglars" line and then putting on the Ring and making a "whoosh" sound. It happens at the end of one of them. I was really looking forward to seeing this moment in the film, but at least they kept the "Wolf among Sheep" boasting from Smaug.

Was this just Freeman being nerdy?

Intergalactic Lawman
NahoR

Dec 14 2013, 7:45am

Post #2 of 8 (382 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

They probably replaced it with some attack of the clones style romance.

Mooseboy018
SnevaH Yerg

Dec 14 2013, 8:19am

Post #3 of 8 (329 views)
Shortcut
I noticed that too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd forgotten about that when I was trying to think of all the stuff that was missing.

I have a feeling it was more just Martin being nerdy. It could be an alternate take of the moment when he puts on the Ring, or it could be yet another moment that was just cut out for whatever reason but will hopefully end up in the extended edition.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Dec 14 2013, 8:19am)

tarasaurus
NahoR

Dec 14 2013, 8:22am

Post #4 of 8 (311 views)
Shortcut
Either [In reply to] Can't Post

that was just Martin being goofy, or maybe it will be in the EE.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 14 2013, 8:48am

Post #5 of 8 (303 views)
Shortcut
Nah. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Amidala/Anakin romance was clunky from start to finish, whereas Tauriel's 'starlight' chat with Fili was really quite moving. I could have done without the illuminated healing, sure, but it wasn't a lethal blow to the film.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Fili
Neirol

Dec 14 2013, 9:05am

Post #6 of 8 (274 views)
Shortcut
Not Sure How One Replaces The Other Exactly... [In reply to] Can't Post

And yeah, have you posted your reactions after seeing DOS yet, Avnar?

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

Rickster
NahoR

Dec 14 2013, 9:07am

Post #7 of 8 (281 views)
Shortcut
lights and such [In reply to] Can't Post

the illuminated healing was of course very nice
When Lady G. the Elf Queen spoke with Frodo there was more light and darkness
When Gandalf is angry with Bilbo, as Bilbo wants to keep the ring for him self and screams "Do not take me for a cheap..." the whole Biblo house turns darker
When Elfs and Wizards do something in this movie we do not get PIEF PAF POEF we see it with light. Just like keepers of the ring start to walk in green light when they put on the ring.
I like it.. it gives an extra flair and greatness to the movies.
In one word "Bravo !"

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 14 2013, 9:10am

Post #8 of 8 (275 views)
Shortcut
There are always scenes that are filmed but get cut. [In reply to] Can't Post

There were plenty of scenes that we saw in trailers for FOTR that never made it into any version of the films. The fact that we saw it in a production video probably means it was a fairly late cut. It may make the EE, or it may just have been that they felt the scene was long enough and played just as well without it.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.