The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The most important question!!

Elskidor
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 10:05am

Post #1 of 7 (426 views)
Shortcut
The most important question!! Can't Post

I've seen about 500 Bolg threads in these last few months, so to those that were very big on this topic, were you pleased with his usage?

Comparing the two Bolg designs, I do like the original much better, but the use of CGI in Dos was great.

Remus
Lorien

Dec 13 2013, 10:14am

Post #2 of 7 (208 views)
Shortcut
It was AWESOME [In reply to] Can't Post

It was really awesome. He was so ugly and kinda scary with his metal plate on his head and white eye. He was kinda huge, bulky and walked really cool. I loved him. Smile

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

unexpectedvisitor
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 10:16am

Post #3 of 7 (218 views)
Shortcut
Bolg was aight until... [In reply to] Can't Post

the end fight with Legolas. which was, honestly, sorta great. i think it is my favorite fight we've seen yet with an orc. now, yeah, Aragorn vs. Lurtz had a better action finish....but there's something kinda interesting about how Bolg just walks off and Legolas realizes he's bleeding.

Elskidor
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 10:26am

Post #4 of 7 (174 views)
Shortcut
It [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
the end fight with Legolas. which was, honestly, sorta great. i think it is my favorite fight we've seen yet with an orc. now, yeah, Aragorn vs. Lurtz had a better action finish....

made me nervous that PJ was going to let Legolas kill him. I was actually rooting for Bolg simply because I want him to still be around in the third chapter. I hope Leggy doesn't have anything to do with any of the main deaths of baddies.

It has been such a hot topic on this board for quite some time, so I was pleased. I'm one of the ones that really like Azog, but using him less and increasing his CGI has strengthened his character more. I'm glad Bolg had a significant part this go around.

Fili
Lorien

Dec 13 2013, 11:17am

Post #5 of 7 (141 views)
Shortcut
I was glad to see him. [In reply to] Can't Post

He was pretty BA in his own right. I loved that he made Legolas bleed. I have high hopes for him in TABA now because of this film.

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

Rickster
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 12:53pm

Post #6 of 7 (111 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm makes me think... Perhaps Legolas follows him back to the castle and is the one to liberate Gandalf ?

Would be fun.
I am sure Legolas will make Bolg Bleed. too - in an epic way

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Dec 14 2013, 1:12am

Post #7 of 7 (46 views)
Shortcut
The bleeding Legolas scene struck me as kind of funny... [In reply to] Can't Post

My sister and I figured that it was the first time Legolas got injured (no matter how slightly) in 5 movies... lol. Laugh But it looked like he gave about as good as he got, repeatedly slamming that orc's head into a post. He did quite well for being all by himself and fighting about two or three orcs at once, didn't he?
As for Bolg, his design doesn't strike me as particularly memorable, even compared to Azog's. At least they look similar now. The original Bolg design was creative, but a bit overblown, IMHO. I suppose that orc died at Azanulbizar, then. Getting Dwalin's axes in your back can't be very fun.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.