Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So what were your movie highlights?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 13 2013, 9:21am

Views: 554
Shortcut
So what were your movie highlights? Can't Post

The close-ups of Smaug blew me away - what a magnificent creation the dragon is. Near the end, when Smaug was taking a close look at the golden statue, the look of wonder on his face was breath-taking.

Lee Pace! Thranduil was more glorious than I had expected, especially his physical movements. I think everyone in the theatre held their breath when he did that little turn to go *right* into Thorin's face.

Legolas's fight scenes were fun and fast and hugely enjoyable to watch. I admit that a big reason for me to see DOS a second time is to get more detail from his fights.

So, what did you particularly enjoy?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Subject User Time
So what were your movie highlights? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 13 2013, 9:21am
    all of it! Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Dec 13 2013, 9:23am
    spiders, barrel ride, Smaug unexpectedvisitor Send a private message to unexpectedvisitor Dec 13 2013, 9:29am
    Smaug's wonder-struck expression at the statue blew me away... marcuspaine Send a private message to marcuspaine Dec 13 2013, 9:30am
    Smaug! Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Dec 13 2013, 9:40am
    A lot of things, actually tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Dec 13 2013, 9:47am
        GANDALF!! acigos00 Send a private message to acigos00 Dec 13 2013, 9:53am
            PJ thinks it's the best of 5? Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Dec 13 2013, 10:00am
            A massage, from Ian McKellan?!? Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Dec 13 2013, 10:25am
        Oh yes! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 13 2013, 9:58am
    The whole thing! Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 Dec 13 2013, 9:56am
    wow, i need to see it again unexpectedvisitor Send a private message to unexpectedvisitor Dec 13 2013, 10:11am
    One that I haven't seen mentioned much yet... Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Dec 13 2013, 10:15am
        I concur! Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Dec 13 2013, 10:30am
    Mine: NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Dec 13 2013, 10:38am
    My highlights would be: Ruijor Send a private message to Ruijor Dec 13 2013, 11:02am
        Don't Rickster Send a private message to Rickster Dec 13 2013, 11:49am
    After Smaug: Lake-town! L. Ron Halfelven Send a private message to L. Ron Halfelven Dec 13 2013, 3:55pm
    Re: Runk Snusgrop Send a private message to Runk Snusgrop Dec 13 2013, 6:25pm
        Re: Runk Snusgrop Send a private message to Runk Snusgrop Dec 13 2013, 6:44pm
    For me Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Dec 13 2013, 6:47pm
    Those beautiful black and white ponies at Beorn's Place willowing Send a private message to willowing Dec 13 2013, 7:49pm
    I feel the same way... adu Send a private message to adu Dec 15 2013, 2:54am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.