Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Agree with everything you have to say

demnation
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 7:41am

Views: 250
Shortcut
Agree with everything you have to say [In reply to] Can't Post

A few more thoughts:

Faramir is probably the only person in the story who could rightly be called a pacifist (and isn't it quite strange that Tolkien said that Faramir is the character most like himself?)

Plus, he (and Eowyn) get all the best lines. This:

"Then, Éowyn of Rohan, I say to you that you are beautiful. In the valleys of our hills there are flowers fair and bright, and maidens fairer still; but neither flower nor lady have I seen till now in Gondor so lovely, and so sorrowful. It may be that only a few days are left ere darkness falls upon our world, and when it comes I hope to face it steadily; but it would ease my heart, if while the Sun yet shines, I could see you still. For you and I have both passed under the wings of the Shadow, and the same hand drew us back."

Never fails to move me to tears.

Hello!

Subject User Time
Faramir: The other Brother Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 13 2013, 2:18am
    Agree with everything you have to say demnation Send a private message to demnation Dec 13 2013, 7:41am
        Well there's pacifists and then there's pacifists Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 13 2013, 5:03pm
    In violent agreement CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Dec 13 2013, 1:39pm
        That's an excellent point about male/female status squire Send a private message to squire Dec 13 2013, 6:34pm
    A twin of Aragorn! I agree with CuriousG completely. Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Dec 13 2013, 11:44pm
        *bows in awe of the superior eloquence of everyone else* Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Dec 13 2013, 11:49pm
            I sure thank you all Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Dec 16 2013, 12:49am
        Wow--bravo!! // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Dec 14 2013, 5:08pm
        A pleasure to read Plurmo! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Dec 14 2013, 6:13pm
        A lovely post, Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Dec 14 2013, 11:30pm
        I'm saving this on my desktop. Thank you. // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Dec 15 2013, 7:22pm
    This is the best description Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Dec 15 2013, 7:16pm
    Faramir! Nimloth9 Send a private message to Nimloth9 Dec 17 2013, 10:48am
    most of what I would say has been said, but Annael Send a private message to Annael Dec 17 2013, 4:11pm
    Faramir Ireth Send a private message to Ireth Jan 3, 1:11pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.