Joe20
Lorien

Dec 12 2013, 11:03am

Post #2 of 24 (1071 views)
Shortcut
Oopps [In reply to] Can't Post

you beat me too it haha. Deleted my thread Smile

Very interesting stuff. Can't wait!

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Dec 12 2013, 11:04am)

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 12 2013, 11:05am

Post #3 of 24 (1025 views)
Shortcut
I always get goosebumps and a lot of respect... [In reply to] Can't Post

... when an older person like Sir Christopher says "I hope I am around to see that". Many older people say that with such grace and seemingly without any sorrow or regret, it really moves me.

It seems they found a way to let Saruman take part in the battle, as I expected they would.

Here's to Christopher Lee seeing this movie!

All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 11:06am

Post #4 of 24 (942 views)
Shortcut
Haha,it's ok [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Dec 12 2013, 11:06am)

Thranderz
Rohan

Dec 12 2013, 11:47am

Post #5 of 24 (875 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

If the gods are fair they'll let him live to see it! He seems to play a vital part in it and he seems very proud and pleased with what he's done Smile I loved his story about Bob Shay coming to speak to him and it was brilliantly rounded off Cool

I simply walked into Mordor.

daemoon
Rivendell

Dec 12 2013, 11:48am

Post #6 of 24 (842 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much [In reply to] Can't Post

How I like and respect this man....
Hopefully PJ won't cut him this time, Sir Chris seems very excited about his part in TABA. Smile

Bladerunner
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 11:52am

Post #7 of 24 (838 views)
Shortcut
I agree, but perhaps he could be shown an advance cut during the summer.// [In reply to] Can't Post

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Dec 12 2013, 11:53am

Post #8 of 24 (830 views)
Shortcut
Epicness ! [In reply to] Can't Post

There cant be more in TaBa if Sir Christopher Lee will be involved. I havent even seen DoS but after that interview im so looking forward to TaBA, especially the Battle/Siege of Dol Guldur..it is going to be awesome !!!

TheFlayedMan
Rivendell

Dec 12 2013, 11:54am

Post #9 of 24 (857 views)
Shortcut
So do I, it really puts things into perspective. [In reply to] Can't Post

Two years ago I found out that Sir Christopher records these videos (I'm pretty sure it was from lurking here), and I have looked forward to each one since. This one didn't disappoint.

It's really touching that he makes these videos, and I really do hope he is still around and healthy enough to enjoy TABA with us!

Speaking of which, he does confirm here that Saruman is still wholly uncorrupted in The Hobbit trilogy. That's quite interesting, given Peter's strange decision to underscore his reveal in AUJ with a subtle appearance of the chilling Isengard theme. With that said, I'm really looking forward to Saruman's role in TABA!

Hopefully next year we can watch Sir Christopher's next video in which he shares more with us!

I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 12:19pm

Post #10 of 24 (757 views)
Shortcut
Any of us can go at any time. [In reply to] Can't Post

That reminds me of my grandfather, when ever we would ask what he needed, he would always reply with a laugh and a smile saying, "More time."

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

TheHutt
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 12:49pm

Post #11 of 24 (703 views)
Shortcut
Really touching... [In reply to] Can't Post

And insightful!

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Bladerunner
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 12:52pm

Post #12 of 24 (808 views)
Shortcut
sounds like Saruman will be the difference in the battle with Necromancer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Which would be consistent with canon.
It will be nice to see him coming to defense of Galadriel and Gandalf.
I still anticipate that at the end of it all he will be shown secretly discovering a palantir and taking it to Orthanc which will for shadow his final corruption and future "alliance" with Sauron (in the movie-verse version of Middle-earth at least).

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2013, 1:59pm

Post #13 of 24 (590 views)
Shortcut
Yes, a wonderful man... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I too hope that any more "fixing" in pick-ups before TABA is released will not affect his screen time.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

nhui06
Rivendell

Dec 12 2013, 2:02pm

Post #14 of 24 (604 views)
Shortcut
Confusing [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting that Christopher Lee says that he is suppose to be Sauraman the Good in the Hobbit, but he seemed like a very difficult character in the White Council - denying Gandalf, putting down Radagast etc. Still, very excited to see the White Council's attack on Dol Guldur next year.

Also, nice to see that Peter Jackson will watch the movie with Christopher Lee in a private viewing - shows they still have a good relationship.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Dec 12 2013, 2:08pm

Post #15 of 24 (617 views)
Shortcut
Nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had hoped we would see Saruman taking a large role in routing the Necromancer, and it looks like I will get my wish if this is anything to go by.

Of course, there's a lot of time left between now and the release of TaBA, and Jackson is known for constantly changing his mind, up until the very last minute. So we will see what happens.

Anyway, I really hope he gets to see TaBA.

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Dec 12 2013, 2:17pm

Post #16 of 24 (590 views)
Shortcut
Let's hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Sir Christopher lives long enough to see the extended cut of TABA as well.

deskp
Lorien

Dec 12 2013, 2:38pm

Post #17 of 24 (556 views)
Shortcut
um [In reply to] Can't Post

The way Lee spoke about it, it sounds like Saruman will regret the opinions he held during AUJ, he tlaked about love and admiration(whatever it was) for Galadriel and Gandalf in TABA

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 12 2013, 4:34pm

Post #18 of 24 (435 views)
Shortcut
Blade Runner...Bomby is with you there.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Driving N-Dude out of DGuldur
then,
finding the Palantir
& slipping it
inside his Robes?

Would allow SChris
to do ONE more
"Dasturdly Deed",
Indeed.

When one holds
the World's Record for appearing in Movies?

TABA sounds
like the Perfect End
to his Lifelong Career!

Bomby

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 12 2013, 5:08pm

Post #19 of 24 (423 views)
Shortcut
Let us say that Saruman is still 'relatively' good [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Interesting that Christopher Lee says that he is suppose to be Sauraman the Good in the Hobbit, but he seemed like a very difficult character in the White Council - denying Gandalf, putting down Radagast etc. Still, very excited to see the White Council's attack on Dol Guldur next year.

Saruman considers himself uncorrupted. However, he is already keeping secrets and practicing deceptions against the rest of the White Council--most significantly with his insistance that the One Ring has been swept into the sea and lost. He hopes to find it for himself, thinking that he is wise enough to wield it and avoid corruption.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 12 2013, 5:17pm

Post #20 of 24 (407 views)
Shortcut
Will he enjoy watching them, though? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is doubtful a man in his 90s has much interest to see an action movie mostly directed at young people.

Cillendor
Lorien

Dec 12 2013, 6:22pm

Post #21 of 24 (370 views)
Shortcut
lol you know nothing about Christopher Lee, then. [In reply to] Can't Post

This man reads through all of Tolkien's books at least once a year. He's acted in numerous movies in his 70s, 80s, and 90s. He was upset when his scene in ROTK was cut from the theatrical edition.

Not to mention that he's the vocalist in a heavy metal band that he started and has contributed to other metal albums. How many 90-somethings do that??

I'm quite positive that he is eagerly anticipating seeing his role in TABA next year.

starlesswinter
Lorien

Dec 12 2013, 6:32pm

Post #22 of 24 (356 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien explicitly says in Unfinished Tales that Saruman was antagonistic and jealous of Gandalf long before the events of LOTR. He was not yet corrupted, but he was no nice guy either.

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 12 2013, 8:35pm

Post #23 of 24 (313 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I am very happy to know Saruman will be in the fight. [In reply to] Can't Post

His voice is still strong and I am just glad the films were greenlighted in time to actually get his performance on film. The sands of time are running for all of us and I hope he has many more fruitful years - certainly, keeping active and working helps him (and he has not been limited, as far as we know, as Sean Connery and others, have been with Alzheimers).

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 12 2013, 8:39pm

Post #24 of 24 (311 views)
Shortcut
I think that is a little narrow minded. My tastes have not [In reply to] Can't Post

changed much over the years...I like what I like. I don't think the films are geared toward a narrow youth audience.

If I am lucky enough to reach those advanced years I expect to still like what I like.

He has been a fan of the books for many decades and there is no reason to expect any lessening of a desire to see them brought to life on film, regardless of age.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.