Clickable [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG8O7e2jHTM

swampB
Bree

Dec 11 2013, 6:25pm

Post #5 of 7 (415 views)
Shortcut
re: Emotional arcs [In reply to] Can't Post

OK... This should be obvious... If you have read any of the more critical reviews you will notice how many are saying it lacks emotional depth/substance, but I have never thought of the Hobbit trilogy as three standalone movies... Of course there will be an emotional climax in T&BA... Most of us have read the book!

unexpectedvisitor
Rohan

Dec 11 2013, 6:59pm

Post #6 of 7 (334 views)
Shortcut
it's valid to want a film to have a self-contained arc [In reply to] Can't Post

i get that, the original LotR movies were good about doing that, too, which one of the reviews (that was still ultimately positive about DoS) pointed out. AUJ even has a pretty good arc, considering.

but cliffhangers have never bothered me, so right now i'm not expecting to be overly bothered by this one. Catching Fire ends on a major cliffhanger in just about every way (aside from the action in the arena being resolved) and i was like, "bring on the next one!"

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Dec 12 2013, 1:02am

Post #7 of 7 (152 views)
Shortcut
Now We Know [In reply to] Can't Post

In her interview EL tells us that Smaug will be killed at Laketown, so he won't be in the Bof5A.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.