Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ev.Lilly Interview (also some new behind the scenes with Tauriel fighting)

Papagianni
Bree

Dec 11 2013, 12:59am

Post #1 of 18 (772 views)
Shortcut
Ev.Lilly Interview (also some new behind the scenes with Tauriel fighting) Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgeiWE2Zw1A

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 11 2013, 1:26am

Post #2 of 18 (487 views)
Shortcut
Not very interested [In reply to] Can't Post

She talks too much – I didn't like the way she constantly laughed and interrupted in that interview with RA and PJ, so am avoiding anything with her. Once was enough for me, and I'm really not interested in that new character, and the romance or whatever attached to it.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2013, 1:33am

Post #3 of 18 (454 views)
Shortcut
We get it - you don't like her... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 11 2013, 1:42am

Post #4 of 18 (452 views)
Shortcut
I may change my mind [In reply to] Can't Post

After I've seen the film. I would just like to see more interviews with the people playing characters that mean something to me (there are plenty of those), and don't like the fact that she (and Legolas) has had so much exposure, I feel at the expense of important characters in the film.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Dec 11 2013, 1:43am

Post #5 of 18 (454 views)
Shortcut
And neither do I [In reply to] Can't Post

That whole romance thing is cliche and trite. Glorfindela and I (and whoever else that doesn't like Tauriel) have some good reasons. Just saying.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Dec 11 2013, 1:46am

Post #6 of 18 (443 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

This film isn't supposed to be about Legolas and Tauriel, but they have been overexposing them. I want to know more about the characters that matter.
I hate to be so dismal and gloomy (as I've said before, perhaps I should've called myself Dark Ziggy Stardust) but I'm not expecting much hope, and so far, what's been exposed of this new character, I don't think I'm going to like her, even after I see the film. I wonder if I'll even like the film. Unsure At least I'm still open enough to see it, despite my complaining.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 11 2013, 1:52am

Post #7 of 18 (426 views)
Shortcut
I'm hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

There will be enough of many other things for people like us to really like the film. Smile

Nira
Lorien

Dec 11 2013, 2:04am

Post #8 of 18 (404 views)
Shortcut
I thought it was a great interview. Thanks for sharing! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

SGH9564
The Shire

Dec 11 2013, 2:13am

Post #9 of 18 (421 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

I was fairly upset about her inclusion myself when I first heard about her, but over the last month I have really grown to like her. From the clips we have been given her acting is certainly up to par (if not exceeding several more main characters), and while I am not looking forward to a love triangle (bleh) I would say 9/10 of all reviews that mention her, praise her as one of the best elements of the film. I will go in open minded about her, I just hope she doesn't disappoint :)

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Dec 11 2013, 2:22am

Post #10 of 18 (382 views)
Shortcut
Me too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Azaghâl
Lorien

Dec 11 2013, 2:38am

Post #11 of 18 (377 views)
Shortcut
Oh there will! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saw it and Tauriel is not so bad... most of the time. Wink

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!*

Escapist
Gondor

Dec 11 2013, 2:41am

Post #12 of 18 (382 views)
Shortcut
I like what I have actually seen of Tauriel on screen. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they are doing a great job with a monstrously challenging and important task!

There was one article in one magazine once that made Tauriel sound like the unnamable. I don't know if there has been editing since then or if that article was off base in some way - but she doesn't seem that way now that I have seen her (at least not from the trailers and spoilers that have come out).

Snowghost77
Lorien

Dec 11 2013, 4:53am

Post #13 of 18 (337 views)
Shortcut
how can anyone not like Lilly??... [In reply to] Can't Post

She's so cute and charming! And her inspiration was tinkerbell...Everybody loves Tink!!!

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

patrickk
Rohan

Dec 11 2013, 5:56am

Post #14 of 18 (306 views)
Shortcut
Note it was on Spanish TV [In reply to] Can't Post

...and is all about WB marketing and what/who they think the Spanish fans who don't know the story want to see.

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 11 2013, 6:47am

Post #15 of 18 (298 views)
Shortcut
and nobody wants you do let go of these reasons. [In reply to] Can't Post

But no need to extent the disapproval of Tauriel to the actress who plays her.

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Dec 12 2013, 2:24am

Post #16 of 18 (212 views)
Shortcut
I don't recall saying anything about the actress. [In reply to] Can't Post

You're putting words in my mouth.

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 12 2013, 2:39am

Post #17 of 18 (206 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like Evangeline Lilly and am very much looking forward to Tauriel in action. I've only heard one thing I think I'm going to hate dealing with her.

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 12 2013, 3:38am

Post #18 of 18 (202 views)
Shortcut
I answered to the wrong post, I am very sorry. [In reply to] Can't Post

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.