Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2007, 9:38pm

Post #126 of 666 (174177 views)
Shortcut
So what's a Nazguy like you [In reply to] Can't Post

doing in a place like this?

I know - I kill me! ;)

Nice to see you here again Nazguy. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Nazguy
Bree

Jul 29 2007, 10:07pm

Post #127 of 666 (172096 views)
Shortcut
hehe [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, the creation of my username took several days of incredibly deep thought. Not.

divine hobbit
The Shire

Aug 28 2007, 5:57am

Post #128 of 666 (169126 views)
Shortcut
it's been a while [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I'm Kristin and I've been away from TORn for a bit, like 3 years or so. In that time I've moved across the country twice, completed my masters degree, had a baby and am now 'settled' and working. I'd love to connect with anyone in the Bay Area and just get back into the community in general!

Awië
The Shire

Sep 14 2007, 12:58am

Post #129 of 666 (167795 views)
Shortcut
New but not so new. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello I'm Awië.

I'm new on the boards but old on TORn having checked out the web site almost daily since I found it when FOTR was released. I was also blessed to attend all three of the TORn Oscar parties.

I've only now checked out the message boards though and can't believe what I have missed. I especially like the GOLD Nuggets and Screencap of the day.

I'm an at home mother of two, who likes watching birds (my handle Awië means Little Bird in Quenya) read, medieval history, anything to do with nature especially trees.

I've been reading LOTR yearly since 1982, and read the books for the first time in the early 70's. I love the books and I love the movies.

I'm not sure how brave I will be in posting replies but I will try.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Sep 14 2007, 8:20am

Post #130 of 666 (184539 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! And, don't be shy! [In reply to] Can't Post

With a track record like that, you'll fit right in!

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Rohjayne

Oct 26 2007, 9:50am

Post #131 of 666 (166779 views)
Shortcut
me [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Helen and a virgo / libra edge (depending in which hemisphere and solstice you dwell)

I'm English from a stewpot of Celtic grand-parents, Cockney Mum and posh Kent Dad; so me accent's a bit dodgy.

(and I think I'm on the Yank website from what I'm reading about eating out places)

hmm Rohan is calling...

My likes: slow horses, fast men.
I always know what I want and getting there has always been easy.

I'm currently living in Africa and stick out a mile away - cos I look like a pagan witch from Avalon.
and I'm single.

Isabel
The Shire

Jan 17 2008, 6:37am

Post #132 of 666 (188446 views)
Shortcut
Hey everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there! I'm Isabel and i'm from Montevideo Uruguay, so sorry if my Enlgish is not perfect. Anyways, i've been a member of a Harry Potter fan site (The Leaky Cauldron) for a long time now (almost 2 years) and i was thinking today, if i like LOTR more than Harry Potter and like forever why on earth i'm not on a LOTR fansite?? Sooo here i am!
Anyways, silly story i know Tongue but i'm looking forward to start posting and checking out all the threads! So see you around!

"Everybody lies" Gregory House

Gonromir

Jan 31 2008, 3:24am

Post #133 of 666 (167894 views)
Shortcut
Hi there... [In reply to] Can't Post

My name is Gonzalo, but you can call me Gon. Smile I'm a newbie here, so I'll tell you a little about me xD

I live in Chile and I've been a long time Tolkien's reader. The first time I read LotR was when I was 13 or so... now I'm 25 :o (gosh, time flies, uh? T_T) xD I'm a big fan of PJ's movies and I'm looking forward to seeing Del Toro's Hobbit! xDD

This is me... don't be scared! Blush

Well... nice to meet you people!
Kind regards,
Gon

altariel_triquetra
The Shire

Feb 4 2008, 5:38am

Post #134 of 666 (166475 views)
Shortcut
A newbie wants to say HI [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Guys,

This is Francili Joy from Philippines. I am an avid fan of JRR Tolkien's works. I'm a technical support in a Business Process Outsourcing company. I love Photography. And I certainly LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS!!

I am hoping to meet my Filipino LOTR fans here.

----- 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ------

Here's my scary face...

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 5 2008, 3:57am

Post #135 of 666 (172061 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to see you here. Have fun!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 5 2008, 3:58am

Post #136 of 666 (164324 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to you! [In reply to] Can't Post

My high-school teacher went to work in Chile, and he absolutely loved your country. I hope to get there some day. Welcome to TORN!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Feb 19 2008, 3:49am

Post #137 of 666 (178780 views)
Shortcut
Buenas Dias! [In reply to] Can't Post

Buenas Dias!

"What do you mean? Do you wish me a buena dia, or do you mean that it is a buena dia whether I want it or not; or that you feel buena this dia, or that it is a dia to be buena on?" (Ah, Gandalf!)

Anyway, a hearty greeting to my fellow Latinos (I'm a mixed-blood Yaqui, born in the USA of a tribe based primarily in Mexico.) And a salute to the Filipina from the land of a thousand gorgeous islands, too! And to each and every one of you, because all cultures are rich and beautiful in their heritages and variety, and a homogeneous Middle Earth would bore me silly.

Hi, I'm new around here, also. I've been into Tolkien since I read the Hobbit in 1963, but didn't participate in fandom until just this century. I'd heard of TORN but feared it might be too lofty for me. Now I find that it is a warm and friendly place indeed. Thank you for being here.

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

laughing1blue6dolphin
The Shire

Mar 10 2008, 2:47am

Post #138 of 666 (169519 views)
Shortcut
hello [In reply to] Can't Post

hi im new here and i'd like to thank the people who checked out my post(klingons,golf,and tolkin)
how to decribe my self? well i have a very bad case of o.c.r.dWink (obsessive compulsive reading disorder)
lol.and love all things star trec,tolkin,orlando bloom,robert jordan(author of the weel of time books),
brooks(Crazyyha i know he's a tolkin wana be,so shoot meCrazy) and basicly anything else in that genre. im
very involved in my churchyouth group.and have one bro.and two sis.i'll look forward to more responces
to my post.the ones i'v alreadygotten were great Unimpressedoh yea my spelling's not that great so please forgive me
if i mangle the english lang.Unsure

Hobbiton
Rivendell

Mar 19 2008, 2:24am

Post #139 of 666 (161994 views)
Shortcut
A human hobbit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, my name is Dave. I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

I love hobbits, eating, drinking ale, and growing my beard. I had my first taste of Tolkien around the 6th grade. Around the same time I first watched Star Wars as well. I love the life of a hobbit. Seems like paradise to me.

I'm new here but not to message boards. I've been posting on a Star Wars board for over 4 years. I hope to make lots of friends here.

Amaranth Brandybuck

Mar 31 2008, 7:29pm

Post #140 of 666 (165294 views)
Shortcut
hello again [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose I am a new oldbie, or is it an old newbie? I used to post here years back but I can't remember anymore how I was called back then. I've been lurking for some years, since I changed my computer and lost my nick and password but regurlarly follow the conversation anyhow.
My new nick was inspired by Dinah Hazell's The Plants of Middle Earth. I've become very much into plants and nature these recent years. What more becoming to a lover of Tolkien?
I hope to be a bit more active now though who knows what the Real Life has in store for us.

Metaldud

Apr 5 2008, 2:39am

Post #141 of 666 (164870 views)
Shortcut
New one [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Mike, 25, and I'm from Kansas.
I know I'm a little weird, so don't remind, me, but I've become a huge Lord of the Rings fan over the last several years (and I haven't even finished the book!).
Besides the Lord of the Rings, I'm a diehard metalhead, and a huge sports fan, my favourites being Australian Rules football, hockey, rugby, and the Olympic Games.
That's all for now....
Mike

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 7 2008, 3:16am

Post #142 of 666 (174138 views)
Shortcut
It's great to see so many new names here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to TORN! Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

ydnab43

Apr 17 2008, 12:26am

Post #143 of 666 (167163 views)
Shortcut
Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there just a quick note to introduce myself. My name's Andy, I'm 43 fron Northampton in the UK.

I first encountered Hobbits in 1978 When I read The Hobbit. My next encounter was many years later in the mid 80's when a Computer game on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum got me interested enough to read LoTR for the 1st time. I've since read it 2 more times.

Anyway, I now have a new job as a Lorry driver for a large supermarket which involves loads of sitting in my cab waiting to be unloaded/loaded so I have taken up reading again after a short hiatus of 10 years where I only read from the Internet, shame on me!!

I've Just finished Azimov's "I robot" and am about to embark on the HoMe series starting with Book of Lost tales part one.

That's enough waffling from me, Catch you all on the forums sometime in the future, most likely in the reading room!!

Cheers, Andy

P.S I'm working on an Avatar...Honest!!

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 20 2008, 4:49am

Post #144 of 666 (168122 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Was this thread always stickied? I only just noticed it stuck to the top of the board tonight.)

Thanks for posting, and hope to see more of you around the boards.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Apr. 14-20 for "The Riders of Rohan".

neverbaby

Apr 25 2008, 1:58am

Post #145 of 666 (167447 views)
Shortcut
Another newbie here... [In reply to] Can't Post

*waves*

I'm Anita, I live in London and I love love love love loooooooove Lord of the Rings Heart

I'm also a student Photographer, a film fan in general and a bookworm. I live at home with my parents and brother (and two cats) and I work for a bank.

labadal
Rivendell

Apr 25 2008, 3:39am

Post #146 of 666 (169981 views)
Shortcut
I'm new to the forum! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mae Govannen! I have been on TOR.n watchin the news about the hobbit movie for several months now so I finally decided to join the forum. I am a complete Tolkien freak so I should enjoy it here. i am also from NZ so I live in Middle Earth i guess!

Take what you can, give nothing back!

leo
Rohan

Apr 25 2008, 2:20pm

Post #147 of 666 (168990 views)
Shortcut
Hey folks [In reply to] Can't Post

My name is Leo, as is my nick. I'm not very original ;-) I used to frequent these boards back in the very old days, before they even started shooting LOTR. But then this takes a lot of time, and I don't really have a lot of time. But I can try...

I'm 26 years old now, and live in a little town in the middle of Holland, or The Netherlands if you prefer. No, not Amsterdam. I am a freelance journalist, mostly politics related. And the rest of my time is spent on other little jobs here and there. I like a bit of variation in my daily rumblings.

Back in the days I used to write up headlines for TORn, but I don't really do that anymore. But heck, as I seem to be in the process of picking up old habits I might just be tempted again...

It's nice to see so many old and even more new faces. And they changed the boards too, how about that... Very nice. I'm sure I will miss the old layout for a while, but as long as there are still fiësta friday's I should be okay!

Artanis
Rohan

May 27 2008, 3:44pm

Post #148 of 666 (244734 views)
Shortcut
Hello just introducing myself [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a fairly new "convert" to Tolkien........and I only saw P.J.'s films a few months ago (where have I been?Shocked).

Looking forward to joining in and glad to have found some other Tolkien fans who are as crazy about his books as me!

Artanis

glorfin
The Shire

May 28 2008, 4:15am

Post #149 of 666 (240547 views)
Shortcut
forgot to do this... old newbie, new oldbie, former forum member on the old boards [In reply to] Can't Post

you get the idea. played there as glorfin2, because glorfin was taken and i lacked imagination (others will deny that). I used to be a wiz at eia and at spoofing the poetry of the Hobbit for sastl. Been known to moot.
Got married and another degree in the interim. Still prefer being under trees to anywhere else in the world.
Can't think of anything else atm.
I'll be around.
Oh, and i also revived an old bad habit and re-registered "me" in barli's. Pronoun wars amuse me.
Book fan first, like the movies, but still prefer books. And got into rather heated discussions about the casting of Arwen, the portrayal and placement of elves, the killing of Haldir, survived the footer wars, etc.
narf since i was 12.
Later,
Glorfin, me, ...

Glorfin has no footer. Glorfin needs no footer.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 28 2008, 4:42am

Post #150 of 666 (193492 views)
Shortcut
Welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

glad you've come to join in the fun SmileSmile

Once hooked, hooked for life LOL

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.