here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.film.info/...-premiere/index.html

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2013, 4:56pm

Post #3 of 16 (524 views)
Shortcut
From TORN Homepage [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/12/09/84455-watch-the-berlin-premiere-live-event-for-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 9 2013, 7:48pm

Post #4 of 16 (417 views)
Shortcut
Okay, Mods Locked & will Delete Bomby's reaction...so [In reply to] Can't Post

Much BETTER Premier Coverage than
Hollywood...
Could be because
there was so much MORE ROOM!

The Whole Potsdam Plaza was filled
yet in Hollywood it seemed
Cramped..

What's NEXT?
Toyko?
Can't remember

Bomby

PattyJB
Rivendell

Dec 9 2013, 7:48pm

Post #5 of 16 (452 views)
Shortcut
Wow, what a turnout! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am watching the rebroadcast now. From the end of the first broadcast I saw, I think these cast & crew were there:

Ryan Gage
Ken Stott
Adam Brown
Dean O'Gorman
Aidan Turner
Graham McTavish
James Nesbitt
Nesbitt girls, Mary & Peggy
John Bain (I think)
Mikael Persbrandt
Sylvester McCoy
Luke Evans
Richard Armitage
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom
Evangeline Lilly
Martin Freeman
Ed Sheeran
Andy Serkis
Philipa Boyens
Peter Jackson

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2013, 7:56pm

Post #6 of 16 (409 views)
Shortcut
Not only better coverage [In reply to] Can't Post

Better design overall. I thought the Berlin premier was outstanding. I was pretty disappointed in the Hollywood Premiere. Hollywood is a film capital. WB should have been all over that having a HQ there.

The sets looked lackluster, There weren't nearly as many fans, the organization wasn't that great and it just seemed kind of Ho Hum compared to other premieres.

I really liked Berlin a lot. They were in to it. There was a real red carpet feel, the sets were really outstanding, the interviewers were very solid. I enjoyed it.

I do think you're right about the fact that it's a more wide open space. That much is true. Still, Hollywood does these for a living and could have done better IMO. Just having some decent looking sets wold have been helpful.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 9 2013, 8:08pm

Post #7 of 16 (398 views)
Shortcut
LOVED how they Switched from German to English [In reply to] Can't Post

Also the Hosts did NOT
interject themselves
into the Interviews...

That Guy in Hollywood
"Kept saying
"i SAW it last night"
"I saw it LAST Night"
"I saw it last NIGHT"

Like it was
HIS Audition?

Bomby doesn't care
for Hollywood much
Everyone is in....

"The Industry"
and Everday
is THEIR Audition?

Jus an observance
and
Don't want to
Offend
anyone.

But with years of Experience
in Theater,etc...
There seems an Attitude

Bomby likes to call
"A Conceited
California Attitude"

I'm Famous
and You're NOT?

Even PJ mentioned " HollyWeird"
is Weird?

Bomby doesn't
NEED
to be Famous

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2013, 8:19pm

Post #8 of 16 (377 views)
Shortcut
I agree Bomby [In reply to] Can't Post

The hosts were more professional. I didn't like the Fandango guy at all. Too much spoilery talk and not enough of the actors/actress themselves. Much better in Berlin. Sad though. Hollywood is a big premiere town and should have done better.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 9 2013, 8:30pm

Post #9 of 16 (366 views)
Shortcut
Also, to see the Princilpes Together for [In reply to] Can't Post

on That Balcony
for an Photo Opportunity
was Killer
since,
Pj and others were Shooting the Audience?

Like they were just as
Important as the Crew.
(Shows PJ's feelings towards us FANS!)

Likely shots of This
will be in the Next Vlog!

Please
isn't Toyko NEXT?

Chopsta123
Gondor

Dec 9 2013, 8:39pm

Post #10 of 16 (365 views)
Shortcut
Watched it on Barliman's [In reply to] Can't Post

This premiere more than made up for my disappointment I felt while watching the LA livestream.
This felt like the worldpremiere with more actors and much more room to breathe.
So many actors embracing each other after not having seen each other for ages =)
Good job, WB. This shows that WB does care about the movie and the fans. Thank you!
Wink

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2013, 8:43pm

Post #11 of 16 (365 views)
Shortcut
Loved the actors! [In reply to] Can't Post

They really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Freeman looked like he was having much more fun than the LA one (butt pinch not withstanding).

They all seemed more relaxed and it seemed like they were more into the fans overall, taking the picture on the balcony as Bomby said.

I loved seeing this and glad it was available to watch. I loved the whole chemistry on the carpet and I thought the Smaug set was terrific. The balcony shot seemed like a lot of fun and PJ was taking photos. Really enjoyed that.

Esmeralda
Bree

Dec 9 2013, 9:11pm

Post #12 of 16 (327 views)
Shortcut
I believe the next premieres [In reply to] Can't Post

are Switzerland and Spain, both this week. I don't know when they move further east.

I only saw a few minutes of the live-streaming, but I, too, was much more impressed by the size, fan-inclusion, and enthusiasm of this one over Hollywood. Perhaps Tinsel-town has become too blase about premieres? Germany is also home to Ring-con and Hobbit-con, so they seem to know how to throw a Middle-Earth party :).

Foromir
Rivendell

Dec 9 2013, 10:03pm

Post #13 of 16 (300 views)
Shortcut
I just came home from Potsdamer Platz [In reply to] Can't Post

And though I wasn't that close to the carpet and it was a bit cold and rainy, I had a blast. It was so good to see the all these actors and PJ in reality, they were clearly enjoying themselves, strolling over the carpet, taking pictures with lucky fans from the front row. A very happy evening all around!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2013, 10:11pm

Post #14 of 16 (284 views)
Shortcut
Glad for you! [In reply to] Can't Post

so happy you got to go. How special and it's great that you had a good time. I looked just really like a lot of fun.

Foromir
Rivendell

Dec 9 2013, 10:26pm

Post #15 of 16 (275 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! It was indeed a good time. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure the live coverage was able to capture the fun of the evening for all who couldn't be there. With much better views than I had for sure! Smile

PattyJB
Rivendell

Dec 10 2013, 6:45am

Post #16 of 16 (251 views)
Shortcut
Don't know how Orlando got there [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that I think about it, his last performance in Romeo & Juliet on Broadway in New York City was Thursday afternoon. He must handle jet lag better than I do, because he was speaking in complete sentences and obviously having a blast! Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.