Spoiler alert needed in subject

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 9 2013, 3:44pm

Post #1 of 8 (408 views)
Shortcut
Spoiler alert needed in subject Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=678065#678065

Thanks. You guys are so wonderful keeping up with all the pre-release fun and craziness here!

Altaira
Superuser

Dec 9 2013, 3:58pm

Post #2 of 8 (381 views)
Shortcut
Spoiler tags are no longer required on the Hobbit board [In reply to] Can't Post

I clarified this for DanielLB a few threads down the board.

The movie opens worldwide this week - many people in some lucky countries will see it as early as today or tomorrow and by the end of the weekend, probably 90% of the people who post here will have seen it. So, there pretty much aren't any such thing as spoilers any longer. Per the sticky at the top of the Hobbit board, those who don't want to be spoiled should spend their time on the other forums until they see the movie, and check out DanielLB's weekly Hobbit update threads on Main where they can pick and choose which Hobbit threads to read.

Thanks for bringing it up again. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 9 2013, 4:02pm

Post #3 of 8 (380 views)
Shortcut
Ok thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a more recent post that still had "SPOILER" in the title so I didn't realize it was no longer required.

many people in some lucky countries will see it as early as today

Lucky is right!!! It's going to be a looong week for the rest of us :-).

Altaira
Superuser

Dec 9 2013, 4:35pm

Post #4 of 8 (387 views)
Shortcut
I think it's nice that people still do it [In reply to] Can't Post

..use spoiler tags, that is. It's probably just habit by now, lol. But, as time goes by, it becomes less meaningful.

Long week, indeed! I won't see it until Saturday a.m.. I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Dec 10 2013, 7:49am

Post #5 of 8 (369 views)
Shortcut
A loooong 16 days for some of us... [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownFrownFrown

The 26th really can't get here quick enough!

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 10 2013, 2:08pm

Post #6 of 8 (340 views)
Shortcut
Funny you mentioned 'habit' [In reply to] Can't Post

because I am just looking at a thread on TH board that I want to contribute to and I keep thinking I should put 'spoiler' in the title of my post. Even though I know I don't have to, I keep wanting to CrazySly.

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 10 2013, 2:22pm

Post #7 of 8 (349 views)
Shortcut
Wow :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Was AUJ released later in Australia too? That *is* a long wait. And it must make it nearly impossible to remain spoiler free!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Dec 11 2013, 12:12am

Post #8 of 8 (344 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ didn't come out here until the 26th too. Totally sucks Frown

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.