Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tolkienia Times: December, "The Desolation of Smaug" Edition. Front Page
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2013, 4:58pm

Post #26 of 40 (111 views)
Shortcut
Having only managed to visit this lovely town, [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering if there will be a home section in the next edition. I'm looking ahead at retirement options and I'd like to know if properties are available. Hobbit holes might work but only if they can accommodate a 6'+ husband and visiting sons. Crazy

I also heard rumors of a new Shop opening on the high street? Tunnelly Tartans, I believe, makers of authentic Middle Earth kilts. Cool

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 7 2013, 5:42pm

Post #27 of 40 (100 views)
Shortcut
I still think your secret is secret Gramma... [In reply to] Can't Post

...as my reporter's instinct tells me its pure charm, not ketsup. But we shall find out more come Spring...LaughLaughHeart

The second TORn Amateur Symposium is running right now, in the Reading Room. Come have a look and maybe stay to chat!

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 7 2013, 5:44pm

Post #28 of 40 (102 views)
Shortcut
Yes, maybe we need to run a Real Estate section next [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was wondering if there will be a home section in the next edition. I'm looking ahead at retirement options and I'd like to know if properties are available. Hobbit holes might work but only if they can accommodate a 6'+ husband and visiting sons. Crazy

I also heard rumors of a new Shop opening on the high street? Tunnelly Tartans, I believe, makers of authentic Middle Earth kilts. Cool

I think we have some extra deep Hobbit holes made for just those 6-footers. Though in the arches they may bonk their heads like Gandalf and Thorin do.

And Mayor Ethel, do you see the new shop name?

*VERY* important to get that on the map. WinkLaugh

The second TORn Amateur Symposium is running right now, in the Reading Room. Come have a look and maybe stay to chat!

Meneldor
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2013, 6:20pm

Post #29 of 40 (103 views)
Shortcut
Your lifetime or his? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
OMG! I've been SO busted! My secret is out! The answer to the question of what deal I struck with The Magnificent One is ketsup. I've promised a lifetime supply of ketsup ;)

And thanks for your kind words on the poem. Of course I couldn't have written it without the inspiration of our true master bard, JRRT.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Dec 7 2013, 6:51pm

Post #30 of 40 (99 views)
Shortcut
Gives the M. One reason to extend Gramma's life indefinitely [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe we can figure out something else he wants just as badly. Here, over in the corner--shhhhhhhhh! Don't let the lantern shine on it's facets: someone on the boards might notice, and the jig would be up!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 7 2013, 9:59pm

Post #31 of 40 (87 views)
Shortcut
I really don't know what it is ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elf seeks new experiences. Seen it all, done it all: including birth, death and rebirth.Balrogs need not apply. Been there, done that. Reply #glorfindelisbored

But this makes me laugh out load every time I read it. It's a good job I wasn't drinking the first time I read it, otherwise you'd owe me a new computer. Wink

Horoscopes might be a fun addition for the next Tolkienia Times. We need a name for our resident astrologer/psychic. Someone with more wit than me will be able to come up with a good name. Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 7 2013, 10:54pm

Post #32 of 40 (79 views)
Shortcut
Elven ennui... [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor Glorfindel. Unsure

Horoscopes does sound intriguing!!!!! Great idea! Cool Glad not to be getting a bill for a new computer BTW...Laugh

Kim
Valinor

Dec 7 2013, 10:56pm

Post #33 of 40 (78 views)
Shortcut
More than just rumors [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty sure I saw a couple of well dressed dwarves wandering around in brand new kilts. Laugh

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 7 2013, 11:42pm

Post #34 of 40 (78 views)
Shortcut
A happy and welcome sight!!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Pretty sure I saw a couple of well dressed dwarves wandering around in brand new kilts. Laugh

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Dec 8 2013, 3:00am

Post #35 of 40 (66 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, gramma!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to laugh though because from what we've seen in the most recent vlog, I think Bilbo and the dwarves eat a lot better at Chateau Beorn in my version of "Queer Lodgings" then they will in PJ's! Bowls of granola, anyone? Laugh

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Dec 8 2013, 3:02am

Post #36 of 40 (464 views)
Shortcut
What a lovely compliment, Ethel! Thank you so much!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 9 2013, 4:48am

Post #37 of 40 (74 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

And so singable - really! I'd read this earlier, then went off to finish making dinner, and suddenly realized I was singing it whilst cooking! Cool

And excellent retelling of the meeting at Beorn's house in verse, Grey Elf, you do have a talent for rhyme! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2013, 3:33am

Post #38 of 40 (42 views)
Shortcut
Answers to the Crossword.....Maybe....... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mwhahahahaha!!!! How I have enjoyed your Brain squirms!Evil

Now for the revelation of my Master plan!!! Bwahahaha!!!!

*cough* *cough*

Oh, my...I think I pulled a vocal cord. You have to warm up to these levels of maniacal madness. Well, here they are:

ACROSS

3. The beginning of a mighty oak---ACORN

5. Harbinger of ill-fate(two words)---BLACK/CAT

8. Horn of plenty---CORNUCOPIA

9. Day of disguises---HALLOWEEN

10. Elvish name for tree-greens---LASSE

11. Female practitioner of the dark arts--- WITCH

14. Ruler in Cara's Galadhon---GALADRIEL

DOWN

1. Kind of Autumnal squash---PUMPKIN

2. Keeper of the forest---TREEBEARD

4. Turkey-day---THANKSGIVING

6. Floating prizes in traditional game---APPLES

7. The Golden Wood---LOTHLORIEN

12. Beginning mark of Khudzul time-keeping(two words)---DURINS/DAY

13. Support for flets---MALLORN

15. A season of the year---AUTUMN

Mwahaha!!! How many did you get!! Not far I'd say.... Sound off below, and let us know how well you have fared in matching your wits against mine!

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Dec 10 2013, 3:46am

Post #39 of 40 (42 views)
Shortcut
Heh! For me, not too bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

Missed black cats and Lasse and humiliatingly enough (or in too much of a hurry) Treebeard. (I was going for a group or type, rather than a individual).

Great job, Rem, and great fun!Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 10 2013, 9:55pm

Post #40 of 40 (29 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Rem! This was fun [In reply to] Can't Post

And I was off on one or two. So thank you, maniacal laugh and all (*offers cough drop*) Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.