Reviews, Reactions Part 7
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 7 2013, 5:23pm

Post #201 of 220 (1016 views)
Shortcut
That's why [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't give any credit to RT. They're a joke of a site.

Wordofmask
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:24pm

Post #202 of 220 (1012 views)
Shortcut
There still a long way to go [In reply to] Can't Post

11 critics cant settle score for sure and Metacritic DoS still has 67 that is really good if they keep it like that long enough.

Escapist
Gondor

Dec 7 2013, 5:25pm

Post #203 of 220 (1029 views)
Shortcut
missing 6 to 8 of the good reviews! I'm laughing, actually [In reply to] Can't Post

because the funniest part is that no one even cares - it blew up the box office last year and 99% of people are recorded as wanting to see it (if that number is correct).

People will see this movie anyway and all this does is make me decide that it is not worth my time to look at RT anymore!

Skip it ... the others are better.

pulpfiction16
Rivendell

Dec 7 2013, 5:28pm

Post #204 of 220 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Yeesh, did you bring enough tinfoil hats for everyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Dec 7 2013, 5:29pm

Post #205 of 220 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Oh, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

Every review will be added in due time. I'm sure there is a valid reason why some reviews get added sooner than others. Stop with the conspiracy theories. Besides, doesn't Warner Brothers basically own Rotten Tomatoes?

happydood
The Shire

Dec 7 2013, 5:29pm

Post #206 of 220 (995 views)
Shortcut
Remember, it is the weekend before and the movie hasn't opened yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

So, many will be added over the next week. There's also a glowing review from TIME coming amongst the others. I'm still thoroughly expecting the final tally to wind up in the 80's, if the low 80's.

Speaking from the experience of having been on a short-lived cable show that was panned, I can tell you that many reviews will follow the big ones. (And that's not a justification for the show I was on, it really wasn't very good.) Many publications simply picked up the Variety and Hollywood Reporter reviews after the Associated Press carried them. I'm not sure if it still works that way, but that was the case about 7 years ago. Since Variety and HR are still the big ones, I'm expecting the reviews to overall remain pretty positive.

(This post was edited by happydood on Dec 7 2013, 5:31pm)

Wordofmask
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:36pm

Post #207 of 220 (949 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

They have a problem about transfering reviews's score to RT score (note that not all of the reviews give a score like 4/5 stars or a numbers).

Fili
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:36pm

Post #208 of 220 (966 views)
Shortcut
It is kinda frustrating though... [In reply to] Can't Post

That RT seems to post the negative reviews as quick as they can while taking their time with the good ones. No, I don't think it's a conspiracy, but it is frustrating.

You're all right though: still a week before release and a crap-ton more reviews will be added in the following days.

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 7 2013, 5:44pm

Post #209 of 220 (942 views)
Shortcut
RT [In reply to] Can't Post

And Reviews in general are just not my thing mostly because they tend for my taste to overanalyze movies (and not just The Hobbit either). I'm not into all the over analyzing, hashing every detail and trying to make something out of everything, whether good or bad.

for me, did you enjoy the movie or not. Period. I used to frequent the boards at RT back in the day with LOTR but when IGN took it over it became a total mudrucking site (not the reviews, but the forums). Ever since then I quit going there because I was mainly there for the forums and not for the reviews.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

frodolives
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:48pm

Post #210 of 220 (919 views)
Shortcut
I don't think that's true [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That RT seems to post the negative reviews as quick as they can while taking their time with the good ones. No, I don't think it's a conspiracy, but it is frustrating.

You're all right though: still a week before release and a crap-ton more reviews will be added in the following days.

The reviews get posted as the reviewers submit them. Many films start with high ratings and drop. The new Hunger Games was in the mid 90s at one point. Even Man of Steel was high up there as well.

Wordofmask
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:53pm

Post #211 of 220 (903 views)
Shortcut
After The playlist's review [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we cant count on TIME's review anymore. Indiewire will give us negative review too.

Fili
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:55pm

Post #212 of 220 (887 views)
Shortcut
I didn't say it was true. [In reply to] Can't Post

I said its how it seems. Right now, anyway. If you read through these threads, there has been quite a few good reviews from legitimate sites that aren't up on RT yet, but every bad review (that I know of) is already there.

Do the reviewers have to submit it to RT themselves? I don't know, and don't really care. I'm just commenting on how it seems.

Don't try to wet-blanket my b***h-fest with facts! Laugh

Wordofmask
Lorien

Post #213 of 220 (881 views)
Shortcut
are there movies in RT [In reply to] Can't Post

That started with low score but end up at good score?

BartTheBowman
The Shire

Post #214 of 220 (879 views)
Shortcut
Indiiewire is Playlist [In reply to] Can't Post

Playlist is the reiew section of Indiewire ,if I am not mistaken

Wordofmask
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:58pm

Post #215 of 220 (879 views)
Shortcut
So [In reply to] Can't Post

Why there are both Playlist and Indiewire's review in AUJ.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey/critic-reviews

Olorin2607
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 5:58pm

Post #216 of 220 (877 views)
Shortcut
Why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

//

Wordofmask
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 6:06pm

Post #217 of 220 (874 views)
Shortcut
Dont you remember this link [In reply to] Can't Post

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-review-and-roundup

"Peter Jackson continues his lighter, more swashbuckling tone with the second Hobbit movie, "The Desolation of Smaug," which serves as a bridge to the much darker and apocalyptic "The Lord of the Rings." While total war mounts, there's still time for the rollicking action of the barrel flume ride (a theme park ride if ever there was one) and the much anticipated encounter with the menacing Smaug (deliciously voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch), the greatest CG dragon ever created onscreen, thanks to the wizards of Weta.Like "The Two Towers," and in keeping with "The Godfather" and "Star Wars" trilogies, this middle movie might prove to be the most satisfying, freed from exposition and closure. And what a cliff hanger!"

What happend after that was quite negative review from The Playlist and somebody has showed us that some Indiewire's person didn't like DoS either.

Fili
Lorien

Dec 7 2013, 6:23pm

Post #218 of 220 (801 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, you're right. Eric Kohn is his name. [In reply to] Can't Post

He agreed with the ScreenCrush crap review AND he had previously given AUJ a decent review.

Meh.

poochies
Rivendell

Dec 7 2013, 7:28pm

Post #219 of 220 (701 views)
Shortcut
I agree 100 percent with you... the Slant review even said the barrel scene was [In reply to] Can't Post

deplorable.... looks like PJ ramped up the action in this one due to the luke warm reviews of AUJ..anyways I'm not expecting much from the Extended edition seeng as AUJ's was horrible

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 7 2013, 9:14pm

Post #220 of 220 (655 views)
Shortcut
RT is a joke. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.