Prologue

Erally
Bree

Dec 6 2013, 10:01am

Post #1 of 3 (658 views)
Shortcut
Prologue Can't Post

No spoilers please!

For people that have seen the movie I'd like to hear on which spot they would place the prologue for the Desolation of Smaug including An Unexpected Journey and the LOTR trilogy. Example:

1. Fellowship of the Ring
2. An Unexpected Journey
3. The return of the king.
4. Desolation of Smaug
5. The Two Towers

(This post was edited by Erally on Dec 6 2013, 10:02am)

Elutherian
Rohan

Dec 6 2013, 5:25pm

Post #2 of 3 (172 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen it... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but in what world would TTT prologue be in 5th place? lol

For the four that I have seen I'd say:

1. The Two Towers
2. An Unexpected Journey
3. The Fellowship of the Ring
4. The Return of the King

All of them are fantastic, so I guess it doesn't matter to me where DOS fits in.

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

Osskil
Bree

Dec 6 2013, 7:54pm

Post #3 of 3 (131 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I could easily see DOS's prologue coming in near the top, but I also haven't seen it. Among the four I have seen, I'd say:

1. The Two Towers (a beautiful fight sequence with emotional heft and that sterling shot of the far-off fire falling beneath the earth)
2. The Fellowship of the Ring (it does a lot of heavy lifting in a very brief span of time, and it does it with a telling melancholy)
3. An Unexpected Party (its editing jars a little, but it plunges us into Bilbo's story wonderfully, and the way it prefigures Rings is quite lovely)
4. Return of the King (it supplies good back story for Smeagol but really doesn't have the heft or finesse of some of the other prologues; however, I must admire the pluckiness of beginning an epic film with a close-up of a worm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.