Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-THE FINAL-vote for your *LEAST* favourite
Poll: Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-THE FINAL-vote for your *LEAST* favourite
Han Solo
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
View Results (41 votes)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 25 2013, 7:03am

Post #1 of 17 (287 views)
Shortcut
Star Wars Original Trilogy Character Elimination Game-THE FINAL-vote for your *LEAST* favourite Can't Post

The semi-finals bid adieu to R2, Yoda and Darth Vader, which leaves only Solo and Kenobi left? Who will you vote out?

Since Old Ben is my favourite I'll start by putting one vote against Han.

(This post was edited by Radagast-Aiwendil on Nov 25 2013, 7:03am)

demnation
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 3:23pm

Post #2 of 17 (186 views)
Shortcut
Han [In reply to] Can't Post

Never liked the character or the actor very much.

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 5:30pm

Post #3 of 17 (181 views)
Shortcut
I know [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Never liked the character or the actor very much.

That's some sort of sin, but I don't hold him as high as others either.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Nov 26 2013, 7:52pm

Post #4 of 17 (155 views)
Shortcut
Obi-Wan [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll vote for the cool old guy with the lightsaber over the annoying wiseguy with the blaster any day.

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 27 2013, 12:08am

Post #5 of 17 (148 views)
Shortcut
But [In reply to] Can't Post

But you gotta vote for your least favorite if you want your favorite to win.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Nov 27 2013, 12:30am

Post #6 of 17 (146 views)
Shortcut
Argh! *facepalms* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure I voted for Han (as least favorite), but when I went to write my post, somehow I got to thinking of positive votes again and so mentioned Obi-Wan. I need to stay out of the Pollantir, obviously; I've been clicking the wrong button lately.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 27 2013, 8:21am

Post #7 of 17 (142 views)
Shortcut
Count me in [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't necessarily dislike him, but he's certainly not my favorite (which seems to be some sort of heresy).

Yngwulff
Gondor

Nov 28 2013, 3:50am

Post #8 of 17 (125 views)
Shortcut
Neither [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved both of them

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Nov 30 2013, 3:57pm

Post #9 of 17 (98 views)
Shortcut
And the winner is....Han Solo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 3 2013, 6:25am

Post #10 of 17 (96 views)
Shortcut
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! // [In reply to] Can't Post

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Dec 5 2013, 9:37pm

Post #11 of 17 (71 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a touch call but I couldn't vote against Han!

Also I think I started liking Kenobi even more after seeing the newer Star Wars movies, he was the one character in them I really liked. So for an old Star Wars contest, I decided to try and disregard that.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2013, 2:44am

Post #12 of 17 (60 views)
Shortcut
Thank the lord for Ewan McGregor. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ben Kenobi was the only interesting, engaging character in the prequel trilogy. Sam Jackson was pretty cool too, though Mace Windu wasn't much of a character, script-wise.

Oh, and Ian McDiarmid's Emporer is always awesome. But that's only in the last bit of the last movie.

Meneldor
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2013, 4:28am

Post #13 of 17 (73 views)
Shortcut
Qui Gon Jinn [In reply to] Can't Post

was the only prequel character I liked. Ewan was good, but he's no Alec Guinness. And I thought Sam Jackson was miscast as a Jedi master. He'd have made a much more convincing bounty hunter or crime lord.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2013, 1:59pm

Post #14 of 17 (56 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not entirely the actors' fault, that - Natalie Portman is great, I have loved her in films like "The Professional", "V for Vendetta" and "Black Swan" but the script for Padme in New SW...sooo bad.

I also agree about McDiarmid, he was great in "Sith" (the only one of the three movies I really like, though I have rewatched all a few times - my sons like them all). I did enjoy Lee's Dooku also - a pretty stock character but Lee pulls those off with an entertaining flair.

Meneldor, I did like Qai Gonn but he died in the first film - so he was not in a position to help the later two movies.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2013, 2:46pm

Post #15 of 17 (47 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, Qui Gon, [In reply to] Can't Post

He seemed like he could be great, and looked awesome, but Liam Neeson, who i usually love, seemed like he was on meds the whole time.

Ewan McGregor? He was the only one who seemed like a real person in those movies, and the only actor whe seemed to be trying to give an actual performance (well, he and Ian McDiarmid). And i thought he did a great job of characterising what 'Ben' Kenobi was like as a younger Jedi. Again, there were a (very) few things to like in the prequel trilogy, but the only character that i was actually interested in and enjoyed was McGregor's Obi Wan.

And i want to see that Sam Jackson bounty hunter movie! Could you imagine if Boba Fett (or his dad, or his clone, or whatever) had been Samuel Jackson, and not that Australian dude (or that kid, or whatever)?!

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2013, 3:08pm

Post #16 of 17 (46 views)
Shortcut
Agreed, [In reply to] Can't Post

Natalie Portman is a pretty great actor and she's brilliant in all those movies you mentioned (and i would add Beautiful Girls-- she's amazing in that). But yes, she is so, sooo terrible in the prequels, it's hard to watch. You can literally see her embarassment at having to say those lines. Who knows how much better the movies would have been if most of the actors had bothered (or been allowed?) to actually act.

Yes, Sith is the only one that works as a movie. But that amazing opening shot, the Emporer, and the last 15 minutes or so (the pre-A New Hope stuff) do most of the work. There's still some pretty terrible stuff in there, but i do think it's worthy of being called Star Wars (in spite of Vader's "Noooooooooo").

And Lee was pretty good (but that name? Ugh.), but nowhere near his Saruman (obviously), which just has to be the role of his life.

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Jan 12 2014, 5:31am

Post #17 of 17 (28 views)
Shortcut
I've shifted [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The semi-finals bid adieu to R2, Yoda and Darth Vader, which leaves only Solo and Kenobi left? Who will you vote out?

Since Old Ben is my favourite I'll start by putting one vote against Han.

I much prefer Obi-Wan these days to any one else in the OT, so sorry Solo.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.