Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
The November, 2013 TAS Feedback Thread
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2013, 10:57pm

Post #26 of 31 (102 views)
Shortcut
No kilt pins? I thought you had to be a long standing member to get one ? [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm getting confused now.

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2013, 11:57pm

Post #27 of 31 (80 views)
Shortcut
O.O [In reply to] Can't Post

So this is what you guys do in your spare time......Shocked

I think I am starting to understand some of you SO much better. Some things seem a LOT clearer.WinkLaughSly

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2013, 12:36am

Post #28 of 31 (70 views)
Shortcut
This made me spit out my tea!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 6 2013, 3:25am

Post #29 of 31 (112 views)
Shortcut
(*wipes a tear of mirth*) Oh dear Meneldor!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Never use the term "underhand" in a thread about kilts.

The second TORn Amateur Symposium is running right now, in the Reading Room. Come have a look and maybe stay to chat!

cats16
Valinor

Dec 16 2013, 5:34am

Post #30 of 31 (41 views)
Shortcut
*sifts through subthread about kilts* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm catching up in the RR tonight, so sorry for all of the late posts. BlushWink

Once again, the TAS was fantastic this time around. The extra time in between really did help me out. I stayed on pace for about half of it--although I would've gotten behind in the schedule eventually, anyway.

I think participation definitely fluctuates, depending on the time of the year. I know that I've seen certain individuals around less often now than during the spring/summer--myself included. It's nice that the RR isn't overflowing with threads, allowing people to catch up a few weeks late without feeling totally behind the ball.

All in all, another great Symposium. Can't wait for the next one!

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 21 2013, 2:23am

Post #31 of 31 (42 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the thoughts and kind words Cats! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you enjoyed it! We did too! Cool

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in March, 2014. We hope to see you there!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.