Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Received the DOS LE soundtrack...

TheHutt
Gondor

Dec 6 2013, 12:42am

Post #1 of 9 (967 views)
Shortcut
Received the DOS LE soundtrack... Can't Post

The color is more a muted dark purple. Same cardboard packaging with gold lettering. Two booklets this time - liner notes (thick, glossy) and a fold-out sheet with a faximile of Howard Shore's notes for Barrels out of Bond.

The short Shore credit still breaks my heart.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2013, 12:45am

Post #2 of 9 (490 views)
Shortcut
Are the discs still... [In reply to] Can't Post

...housed in cardboard sleeves like AUJ? I've had to keep the discs in separate cases to avoid getting them scratched.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Bernhardina
Rohan

Dec 6 2013, 1:17am

Post #3 of 9 (410 views)
Shortcut
What do you mean? I must have missed something :s // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

The short Shore credit still breaks my heart.

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

sycorax82
Rohan

Dec 6 2013, 2:01am

Post #4 of 9 (414 views)
Shortcut
Listening to the score itself, Howard's music has been captured perfectly [In reply to] Can't Post

Ultimately, it hasn't made any significant difference that he didn't orchestrate or conduct. The score is awesome, and always feels like Howard's.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2013, 6:56am

Post #5 of 9 (262 views)
Shortcut
It is definitely Shores score, [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'm really digging the soundtrack, but I do certainly hear that there is another "feel" over it!
I assume it's because of another orchestra, because the songs themselves sounds amazing and I think the other orchestra do them justice Wink

Vocalist in the progressive metal band 5 Minutes Late
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 6 2013, 10:37am

Post #6 of 9 (164 views)
Shortcut
I'll buy it in a few hours [In reply to] Can't Post

Since it's only 3€ more than the standard edition I sometimes asked myself why they still release a shorter version at the same time at all... it was the same with the AUJ score last year.

How is the bonus track "A Necromancer"?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 6 2013, 2:54pm

Post #7 of 9 (113 views)
Shortcut
All those who want to use the Google Play... [In reply to] Can't Post

... new music possibilities and the one month free trial, the dlHovbit soundtracks are also accessible there (in Germany, anyway, I guess they will follow in other countries once it gets released there).

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 6 2013, 3:03pm

Post #8 of 9 (107 views)
Shortcut
Jealous [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get mine until next week. Unsure

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 6 2013, 4:39pm

Post #9 of 9 (89 views)
Shortcut
Finally I got mine aswell! [In reply to] Can't Post

First thing I noticed: Even more Necromancer/Dol Guldur/Orc stuff than on the standard edition

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.