Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Necromancer & Gandalf thought *NO SPOILER*

Remus
Lorien

Dec 4 2013, 2:06pm

Post #1 of 10 (815 views)
Shortcut
Necromancer & Gandalf thought *NO SPOILER* Can't Post

So i have been lurking around here and seen that thread with the Necromancer. I just went in there quick to see the first post. Incanus is Gandalf name in Haradrim?

I wrote earlier i would love to see Gandalf walking the dark and silent halls of Dol Guldur and Sauron whispering "Olorin.... Olorin"... Because Sauron is a Maiar like Gandalf and Gandalf real name is Olorin. It would be so EPIC & AWESOME.

But now it seems they call him Incanus instead... Wow.. That was a let down. Why not go with Ol├│rin?

I hope they will talk much, Gandalf and Sauron. And fight. I am so excited. This is my number 1 i wanna see in the movie.

No spoilers please but are you pleased with what you have heard so far about Gandalf and Sauron?

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2013, 3:27pm

Post #2 of 10 (364 views)
Shortcut
Weird if they have the Orcs calling him "Incanus"... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I guess since there is no Orkish term for Gandalf in Tolkien's writing (none that I am aware of anyway), they decided to take the name used by the Haradrim and transplant it to the Orcs. Honestly, the Orcs should not be calling Gandalf "Olˇrin", as that is not a name they would know. I'd be OK with Sauron using the name though.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 4 2013, 4:23pm

Post #3 of 10 (297 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pretty much pleased with what I have heard about the Dol Guldur/Necromancer/Gandalf plot but not 100% satisfiedSmile

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 4 2013, 4:29pm

Post #4 of 10 (295 views)
Shortcut
Something else too.As much as i have searched [In reply to] Can't Post

about the "Incanus" calling, i have not found anything that indicates its existance in the movie.But,that thread on imdb board counts over 200 posts so i might have missed that.

Remus
Lorien

Dec 4 2013, 4:46pm

Post #5 of 10 (238 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I meant Sauron calling Gandalf as Olorin. Not the orcs. Smile

It would had been a cool moment. The moment he realizes it's Sauron. Because no other than Sauron would know Gandalf real name except Radagast and Saruman, none of them would be there so it would be a no brainer he would instantly know it's Sauron.

Kinda disappointed about this.

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

Remus
Lorien

Dec 4 2013, 4:48pm

Post #6 of 10 (240 views)
Shortcut
voice [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

Do you know if Saurons voice is good? I know it's hard for you to write about this when i dont want any spoilers. But, you are like 90% satisifed with how it is handled? Smile

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 4 2013, 4:54pm

Post #7 of 10 (291 views)
Shortcut
People who claim to have seen the movie [In reply to] Can't Post

thought that Benedict Cumberbatch nailed the voice of Smaug and the Necromancer.Great voice they saidSmile

It is really hard not to spoil it for you if you want me to tell you the reasons that i am not 100% satisfied.Wink

Remus
Lorien

Dec 4 2013, 7:43pm

Post #8 of 10 (151 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe. Do you know if Sauron will just say 1 or 2 words or like... have a discussion with Gandalf? Smile

Damn... Feels like i am walking on thin ice.

(This post was edited by Remus on Dec 4 2013, 7:44pm)

Olorin2607
Lorien

Dec 4 2013, 7:48pm

Post #9 of 10 (154 views)
Shortcut
Hm. [In reply to] Can't Post

He said Sauron taunts Gandalf about his real identity. No idea though how long that goes on.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 4 2013, 9:38pm

Post #10 of 10 (121 views)
Shortcut
I am afraid [In reply to] Can't Post

i can't answer to that question of yours because i don't know anything about itEvil

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.