First clip with Tauriel and Legolas Can't Post

http://insidemovies.ew.com/...-orlando-bloom-clip/

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 3 2013, 8:32pm

Post #2 of 55 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Really nice. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting this.I have a feeling that i 'm gonna like this fictional character very much.Her acting was also fine in that particular video.Me so happyCool

Olorin2607
Lorien

Dec 3 2013, 8:34pm

Post #3 of 55 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Good good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like Legolas very much but I did not in LOTR either so :)
But really.. this is getting out of hand with Spoilers now lol. But I can't help myself.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 3 2013, 8:35pm

Post #4 of 55 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Count me in [In reply to] Can't Post

to the ones that cannot help themselvesLaugh

sycorax82
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 8:38pm

Post #5 of 55 (1505 views)
Shortcut
Evangeline impressive! Bloom still can't act...;) [In reply to] Can't Post

No, he did a solid job, I suppose. Though Evangeline Lily is a great addition to this ensemble. Tauriel's fate could end up being the most gutting of all...(we can only assume she will die)

Rheged
Bree

Dec 3 2013, 8:46pm

Post #6 of 55 (1464 views)
Shortcut
If Thranduil is such an isolationist... [In reply to] Can't Post

...then how are they going to justify his interventions at the Lonely Mountain in TABA? Also, I'm really hoping that the elves don't have a 'big damn heroes' moment at the barrel chase scene - seeing them participate in the battle is fine, but hopefully they won't be the saviours-in-Gandalf's-absence of the dwarves (same goes for the spiders scene).

By the way, thanks for the clip!

(This post was edited by Rheged on Dec 3 2013, 8:47pm)

daemoon
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 8:46pm

Post #7 of 55 (1474 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha "MELLON" [In reply to] Can't Post

So Legolas gets friendzone in elvish, I can't wait for the memes. Wink

(This post was edited by daemoon on Dec 3 2013, 8:48pm)

Macsen
Lorien

Dec 3 2013, 8:53pm

Post #8 of 55 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bloom's acting is consistent, at least.

Fàfnir
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 9:03pm

Post #9 of 55 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Good ! Tauriel is very elvish ! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bernhardina
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 9:05pm

Post #10 of 55 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Ugh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the scene but... ELs acting seems so forced! She is saying all these great things, but in a way that make her seem less wise - I get that they want her to come across as younger and more inexperienced but why then give her lines that shows great wisdom? I am confused by this portrayal. Especially since in the other clip with Thranduil and Legolas interrogating an orc, she is very reckless.
I just see Kate from Lost in a red wig. And that's not a good thing.

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

Jax_Teller
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 9:26pm

Post #11 of 55 (1200 views)
Shortcut
? [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing forced, the scene is good, the acting perfectly fine.

Blunt the knives, bend them forks, smash the bottles and burn the corks.

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates !

dave_lf
Gondor

Dec 3 2013, 9:26pm

Post #12 of 55 (1228 views)
Shortcut
Soundtrack [In reply to] Can't Post

The music that plays in that scene is from "Girion, Lord of Dale" for those who care about such things. Smile

starlesswinter
Lorien

Dec 3 2013, 9:43pm

Post #13 of 55 (1144 views)
Shortcut
She's supposed to be the voice of reason [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel is the character who pushes her elven society to move beyond Thranduil's isolationist views. I'm sure she will be the voice of reason that ultimately persuades the Mirkwood Elves to fight in the Battle of the Five Armies.

TheFlayedMan
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 9:43pm

Post #14 of 55 (1170 views)
Shortcut
Well, well, well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Colour me pleasantly surprised :)

EL fits right in!

Regardless of whether one likes Bloom or not, his acting is consistent between LOTR and this short scene so far.

I also love the inclusion of "mellon".

Does anyone else notice that EL's voice seems strange at some points in her speech, as if multiple audio tracks have been layered and cut? It could just be the encoding, though.

Thanks for sharing!

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

(This post was edited by TheFlayedMan on Dec 3 2013, 9:52pm)

haarp
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 9:58pm

Post #15 of 55 (1062 views)
Shortcut
7 [In reply to] Can't Post

His non-intervention views, not isolationist.

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 10:02pm

Post #16 of 55 (1035 views)
Shortcut
OOOO, [In reply to] Can't Post

Some nice phrases from Tauriel! Loving a bit more elvish too, just wish Bloom could actually deliver his lines with emotionWink

starlesswinter
Lorien

Dec 3 2013, 10:06pm

Post #17 of 55 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Mechanics [In reply to] Can't Post

Same point about Tauriel, regardless of the word.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 3 2013, 10:11pm

Post #18 of 55 (1043 views)
Shortcut
I see that the clip confirms Tauriel's age [In reply to] Can't Post

Not 300 years old, but 600. Now to see if she survives the films.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Dec 3 2013, 10:12pm

Post #19 of 55 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Surpassed my expectations [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps it was the awkwardly-cut trailers, but before seeing this clip I was sure that the dialogue delivered in this scene was going to by pretty dismal.

I'm glad I spoiled myself, because this raises my confidence level in EL by leaps and bounds Smile

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 10:13pm

Post #20 of 55 (992 views)
Shortcut
Pleasantly surprised! [In reply to] Can't Post

She really wasn't half bad.

And like someone else said; it's funny seeing Legolas get friendzoned in Elvish! :)

Bernhardina
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 10:15pm

Post #21 of 55 (1132 views)
Shortcut
Wow I've got SO many problems with this scene! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sorry, I really want to like the clip, and it is not so much the character of Tauriel (at least not ONLY that) which disturbs me.

1. Obvious dark vignette added in colour grading - I can't believe they went with that film-school look for the Hobbit!!
2. The script. "I will not forgive myself!" and "Are we not a part of this world?" SERIOUSLY? So much cliché! Love the elvish though.
3. EL's performance (and to some extent, OB's too) the very strange way she says "We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light..."
4. The editing. Cuts to Legolas' face way too often, giving Tauriels speech a "choppy" feel to it. Honestly, "Are we not a part of this world?" is a very odd line in context IMO and I think that particular one could easily be taken out and the scene would float so much smoother (and be less cheesy).
5. The lighting is weird. EL is squinting the whole time so you can barely see her eyes. I mean, come on, you can even see the light from a reflector bouncing on her cheek after she says "We would hide within our walls..." I've used a reflector so many times, I recognize this immediately.

I am supportive of their decision to include a strong female character in the Hobbit, so I am not hating on Tauriel here! I just think this is a weak scene and hopefully the only weak one we will get from this movie. Things I loved about the clip includes: Tauriel smiling at Legolas, the elvish, Tauriel calling Legolas "mellon" and the first 30 seconds are great!

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

(This post was edited by Bernhardina on Dec 3 2013, 10:16pm)

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 10:19pm

Post #22 of 55 (950 views)
Shortcut
Very impressed with EL's performance here [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfectly elvish. She doesn't overplay her character's younger, perhaps more reckless ways, which is what I had initially feared would be the case. There's just the right amount of sincerity, strength and conviction. I am truly looking forward to seeing Tauriel develop over DoS and TABA, if this clip is any indication of the quality we can expect (especially in terms of her acting).

Osskil
Bree

Dec 3 2013, 10:21pm

Post #23 of 55 (945 views)
Shortcut
Pleasantly surprised... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been slowly warming to Tauriel, but this scene actually makes me excited for her scenes. She feels more like Tolkien than many other on-screen Elves have felt; in fact, in tone and voice she could slip into the narratives of the Silmarillion with ease. She may not be a Tolkien character, but she could nearly be.

Color me excited.

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 10:26pm

Post #24 of 55 (919 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Does echo Merry to the ents, but love the chemistry!

Thorin's Oakenshield
The Shire

Dec 3 2013, 10:35pm

Post #25 of 55 (887 views)
Shortcut
Very good scene [In reply to] Can't Post

This is why a performance should never be judged based on a trailer. I bet a lot of the people who complained about her acting will eat their words when the film comes out. Just based on this clip alone I can tell that she's gonna be great elf.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.