The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Smaug v the Balrog (spoilers)

Macsen
Lorien

Dec 2 2013, 6:46pm

Post #1 of 10 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Smaug v the Balrog (spoilers) Can't Post

Now that we know what Smaug looks like - which one of these monsters would win in a fight?!

I'd put my money on the Balrog. What is Smaug going to do, breathe on him? And his whip could tie Smaug's snout closed without any problem. Evil

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 2 2013, 6:48pm

Post #2 of 10 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm? [In reply to] Can't Post

I am trying hard to find out what the spoiler of this thread is.And to answer to your question...easily Smaug :)

Óintment
The Shire

Dec 2 2013, 6:51pm

Post #3 of 10 (1310 views)
Shortcut
this is more a subject for in "the arena" forum [In reply to] Can't Post

Pick up line: Are you an Ork, cause you make my sting Glow!

lidlessEye
Rivendell

Dec 2 2013, 7:04pm

Post #4 of 10 (1275 views)
Shortcut
why is this a spoiler? [In reply to] Can't Post

should i start a topic:
are you gonna see the movie alone (spoiler)?

dave_lf
Gondor

Dec 2 2013, 7:05pm

Post #5 of 10 (1304 views)
Shortcut
"Smaug v the Balrog (spoilers)" [In reply to] Can't Post

If that was meant to be some light trolling, then well done! Cool

Cillendor
Lorien

Dec 2 2013, 7:21pm

Post #6 of 10 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Wrong forum, but for the sake of arguing, [In reply to] Can't Post

I can easily see Durin's Bane lassoing Smaug's mouth shut, jumping on his back, and riding him around like a horse. Dragons are cunning creatures, but I think Balrogs are greater.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Dec 2 2013, 11:18pm

Post #7 of 10 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Ehhhhh. No Smaug could not incenerate him. Crush him maybe, but we are not accounting for the Sorcery [In reply to] Can't Post

of the Demon, which was great. I think if the fight became to severe, one of them would flee.

In Reply To
Now that we know what Smaug looks like - which one of these monsters would win in a fight?!

I'd put my money on the Balrog. What is Smaug going to do, breathe on him? And his whip could tie Smaug's snout closed without any problem. Evil

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

KasDel
Rivendell

Dec 3 2013, 12:18am

Post #8 of 10 (1099 views)
Shortcut
Let's see.... [In reply to] Can't Post

a 2 possibly 3 ton Balrog vs. a 50 plus ton Smaug.... no contest! (All weights estimated).
Smaug all the way!

KasDel the Last

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." Gildor

Elskidor
Rohan

Dec 5 2013, 8:07pm

Post #9 of 10 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug! Of course.

TallHobbit5117

Dec 19 2013, 11:38pm

Post #10 of 10 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Smaug! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even without the fire Smaug would just crush him i would think ;D Dragon too strong

Check out our short film Tolkien's Road!!

https://www.facebook.com/TolkiensRoad?notif_t=page_new_likes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.