The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Judah Ben Hur vs Thorin Oakenshield

boldog
Rohan

Dec 1 2013, 6:58am

Post #1 of 4 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Judah Ben Hur vs Thorin Oakenshield Can't Post

Both are striving to stay alive for a reason. Thorin to reclaim erebor and seek vengeance upon Smaug, and Azog , And Ben Hur for the hope of seeing his mother and sister again, and vengeance upon masala. Judah has got good fortune on his side, while Thorin has ill fortune.
Who do you think? Personally id much rather Ben Hur, as I feel more sorry for him in his story, than Thorins story

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 1 2013, 8:12pm

Post #2 of 4 (929 views)
Shortcut
My money is on Ben Hur [In reply to] Can't Post

cuz I don't think Minty could pull a chariot.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Dec 3 2013, 1:30am

Post #3 of 4 (915 views)
Shortcut
LOL! I like your line of thinking! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I would like to see an amazing chariot race involving Ben-Hur, the Dwarves, and Radagast's rabbit sleigh. We can throw in some bonus wargs for good measure.

More seriously, I'm not sure if I can pick between Ben-Hur and Thorin... (And, on a side note, why did they change his horses from bays to whites/grays in the movie? Was that to emphasize the fact that he's a good guy, or simply because it makes him more visible? I don't know.)

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 22 2013, 12:27am

Post #4 of 4 (958 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Will now probably see Heston's Ben Hur in Radagast's sleigh whenever anyone mentions the BH chariot sequence. Oy vey!

My money is on Judah Ben Hur. Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.