Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
"The Hunters" track (possible heavy movie spoilers)

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Rohan

Nov 30 2013, 12:16pm

Views: 1065
Shortcut
"The Hunters" track (possible heavy movie spoilers) Can't Post

Hey guys, I just listened to the complete score for a couple of times now and there's one track which makes me wonder. It is called "The Hunters" (track 24/Standard Edition). Even the standard edition of it is already 9:04 long. The special edition will be 9:55. And the thing is... I've no idea whats going on there for most of the part. It features almost every theme of this movie and is a very action packed track. It's not the finale of the movie but almost. Let's have a closer look:

0:00 - 1:00
This could be some Bilbo and Smaug stuff because it features SMAUGS THEME. Although the beginning could even be in Laketown

1:00 - 1:31
Here we've got one of my favorite parts of the whole score. A very heroic version of the EREBOR THEME (could be Thorin appearing to help Bilbo or Bilbo finding the Arkenstone?) followed by a very, very cool, exotic and powerful version of SMAUGS THEME. This might be the moment where the Dragon realises what Bilbo is up to or he smells the Dwarves... but he seems to be very pissed of.

1:31 - 2:25
Cut to Laketown and Bard. We hear BARDS THEME building up to a special moment with heavy strings which sounds almost like a chase scene.

2:25 - 3:00
Here we've got glimpses of the RADAGAST MOTIF (sadly the one from the AUJ movie not the score) and I guess even heard cues of the GANDALF THE GREY THEME. Could this be their escape from Dol Guldur?

3:00 - 3:11
Could be even BILBO material but it's to short for a cut to him and Smaug I guess. No idea.

3:11 - 3:50
Fast strings. This might be the continue of the chase from Dol Guldur. This bit also features the heavy brass instruments which were associated with AZOGS THEME in AUJ. Everything has a Mordorish undertone.

3:50 - 4:45
Cut to Dol Guldur? It features the first notes of the SAURON/EVIL OF THE RING THEME and than it changes into the new WOODLAND ACTION MOTIF.
--> In 4:14 I even noticed a the melody known as LEGOLAS KILLS THE OLIPHANT in ROTK. This could be the Elves aiding the two wizards in Mirkwood. Or the Elves killing Orcs in Laketown. But it's certainly Elves vs. Orcs.

4:45 - 5:03
Short glimpse of the NECROMANCER THEME and again WOODLAND ACTION MOTIF.

5:03 - 6:13
Here we've got a very sad but hopeful Dwarven theme. It's clearly a relative to the famous DWARRODWELF MOTIF from FOTR I guess. I would call it (because I like *Shagrats* idea) THORINS DESTINY. Afterwards we've got the EREBOR THEME.

6:13 - end
This beginning of this bit reminds me very much of KHAZAD-DM and Gandalf fighting the Balrog. Perhaps it's Gandalf fighting the Nine or the Necromancer himself? I also like the heavy strings here. The score does also sound very much like Helms Deep doesn't it? Like there's a huge battle going on. And this is why I called this a "possible heavy movie spoiler"... I guess this might be the "Battle under the Trees" where an army of Dol Guldur attacks the Woodland Realm. It also features the AZOG THEME (7:10) and again the WOODLAND ACTION MOTIF (7:40)... again: Elves vs. Orcs. After that we've got high strings playing a melody we also heard during the Battle of Helms Deep in TTT.

There's so much going on even in the standard edition. The special edition will add almost another minute of music to this track so... what do you think? Could this be the "Battle under the Trees" from Tolkiens ROTK? It is certain that the Elves are fighting Orcs near the end of the movie. There's only a small glimpse of the Bard/Laketown music so I don't think that this is the Orcs attacking Laketown. It sounds more like a huge battle than just a small skirmish really...

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Subject User Time
"The Hunters" track (possible heavy movie spoilers) Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 30 2013, 12:16pm
    i guess it will be... lidlessEye Send a private message to lidlessEye Nov 30 2013, 1:05pm
        And where is Bard? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 30 2013, 1:15pm
    Is the complete score available somewhere? // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 30 2013, 1:31pm
        Well... Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 30 2013, 1:39pm
            Thanks, found them! // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 30 2013, 2:26pm
        To macfalk elanor_thefair Send a private message to elanor_thefair Nov 30 2013, 2:01pm
    Speaking of DOS tracks macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 30 2013, 2:27pm
        Tauriels Theme DuBekar Send a private message to DuBekar Nov 30 2013, 2:30pm
        I wondered if it could be for the glimpses of the elf fires.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 30 2013, 3:41pm
    Probably not The Battle under the Trees... peterLF Send a private message to peterLF Dec 1 2013, 4:24am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.