Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What movie does the trailer play in front of?

Scourge of the Stoors
Rivendell

Nov 27 2013, 8:24pm

Post #1 of 12 (471 views)
Shortcut
What movie does the trailer play in front of? Can't Post

Looking to see the DOS trailer on the big screen. Does anyone know if this trailer precedes any movies that are out right now? Like Thor?

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 27 2013, 8:28pm

Post #2 of 12 (271 views)
Shortcut
I've only seen the trailer 3 times in theaters... [In reply to] Can't Post

Before Man of Steel, Gravity in IMAX 3D, and Thor: The Dark World. I assume it's playing in front of Catching Fire as well, but I'm not sure. I've only seen the second trailer once, and that was before Thor. Unfortunately the one that played in front of Gravity in IMAX 3d was the first trailer. The second one was amazing on the big screen.

"Seriously, why was the scene with CGI dwarf ass NOT in the theatrical cut?!"

Guert
Bree

Nov 27 2013, 8:30pm

Post #3 of 12 (246 views)
Shortcut
Trailer 2 before Catching Fire [In reply to] Can't Post

at IMAX in Quebec, canada

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 27 2013, 8:53pm

Post #4 of 12 (210 views)
Shortcut
In the UK ... [In reply to] Can't Post

The second trailer is in front of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

It'll probably be in front of any major film out right now. You might even me able to phone ahead and ask the theatre themselves. They might know which trailers are attached to films.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 27 2013, 8:59pm

Post #5 of 12 (192 views)
Shortcut
Trailer 1 before Thor: The Dark World [In reply to] Can't Post

at least here in Germany where I watched it

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Esmeralda
Bree

Nov 27 2013, 9:01pm

Post #6 of 12 (196 views)
Shortcut
They didn't play any Hobbit trailers [In reply to] Can't Post

Before Thor: The Dark World when I saw it on Monday :(. Maybe because it wasn't 3D. I did see a Hobbit trailer before Gravity a few weeks ago.

Old Toby
Gondor

Nov 27 2013, 10:38pm

Post #7 of 12 (150 views)
Shortcut
I saw the trailer before Catching Fire, but not the most recent one [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is a pity. I really like the newest one the best. Or maybe that wasn't a real trailer, but just something made for the Fan Event? anyway, glad they played any trailer at all for DOS in front of Catching Fire, since it's a huge audience.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 27 2013, 11:09pm

Post #8 of 12 (154 views)
Shortcut
I saw the first trailer with Thor not very impressive [In reply to] Can't Post

I really wish they could have shown that lovely third 'trailer'. Would have been great promotion for the film. No interest in seeing Catching Fire, so probably won't see any other trailers.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Nov 27 2013, 11:10pm)

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Nov 28 2013, 4:30am

Post #9 of 12 (124 views)
Shortcut
Just got back from Catching Fire [In reply to] Can't Post

and no Hobbit trailer. I was pretty upset. I was so excited to see it, the theater was jam packed, sold out, but no DOS trailer. A friend of mine went to a neighboring town and they had it before Hunger Games, so I guess it really depends on the theater.

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Nov 28 2013, 9:09am

Post #10 of 12 (78 views)
Shortcut
Not Necessarily [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The second trailer is in front of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

It depends on the cinema - trailers don't get 'attached' onto set films in the UK (and it seems to be a dying process in the US judging by comments on forums where people complain the trailer wasn't hwere they thought it would be). Cinemas - or, most often, cinema head offices - are the ones who decide which trailers go in front of their showings. Having said that, with The Hobbit being less than three weeks away and Catching Fire being such a huge film, you're fairly safe in seeing a Hobbit trailer on there (my local IMAX had the teaser trailer, which was a shame as they had the second trailer on Gravity last week)

As one of the people involved in deciding the trailer scheduling for the cinema I manage I can tell you that it's in front of almost every film there Wink

(This post was edited by Rohirrim Rider on Nov 28 2013, 9:10am)

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Nov 28 2013, 9:12am

Post #11 of 12 (75 views)
Shortcut
It wasn't an actual trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Which is a pity. I really like the newest one the best. Or maybe that wasn't a real trailer, but just something made for the Fan Event?

You're right - it's not a trailer that's been sent out to cinemas/ That's why Warners list it as a 'sneak peek' on their Youtube channel rather than, say, 'trailer 3' - it was created just for the fan event.

It is indeed a shame though, I'd love to have seen that on the big screen. Ah well.

Old Toby
Gondor

Nov 28 2013, 4:58pm

Post #12 of 12 (65 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I think WB missed the marketing boat (again) with this one [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this last 'sneak peak' was fabulous and is what should be shown in theaters as a trailer for DOS. Or maybe it's too geeky and only us fans really appreciate it? I dunno. But I think it's put together really well, and is incredibly enticing to viewers. The taste it leaves is that this movie will be far darker, more action packed, and more serious in tone than AUJ. Not to mention the new characters it's bringing in: Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, Bard, Beorn and last but certainly not least, Smaug. Maybe it was too long to be a trailer. sigh.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.