Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
One week until the premiere--the final stretch for PJ & Co.

cats16
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2013, 7:51pm

Views: 1233
Shortcut
One week until the premiere--the final stretch for PJ & Co. Can't Post

I'm sure that there are many tired artists in NZ now, working their butts off around the clock to put the finishing touches on DOS before the LA premiere. Since they have one week to go, I thought a final 'pat on the back'/good luck thread wouldn't hurt.

Best of luck to PJ, everyone at WETA Digital/Workshop, and all others working on the premiere staff who will make this event come to life next week. There, the final cut of the film will be shown, and all of that hard work will come to fruition in front of an audience. PJ has been very excited for DOS, and I can't wait to see what he's prepared for us.

I can't wait to see all of the actors again (and they all seem very eager to see each other, too!) in LA. They're a fantastic group. It has to feel strange to wait over two years to see some of your work appear on the screen. The pay-off must be immense.

It didn't hit me until now that they've only got a week left. *Hopefully* they aren't as down to the wire as last year (running a USB with final edits to the theater). I suppose that, because they're in LA this year, the deadline is much more firm (Which makes me realize--they only have six days left, since it's Tuesday in NZ now; plus, everyone has to fly to LA). Crazy

Regardless, best of luck to everyone involved with the production in the last few days of post-production for DOS!Smile

(This post was edited by cats16 on Nov 25 2013, 8:00pm)

Subject User Time
One week until the premiere--the final stretch for PJ & Co. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Nov 25 2013, 7:51pm
    Indeed! Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Nov 25 2013, 8:01pm
    Waiting with anticipation Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Nov 25 2013, 8:09pm
    hear hear! There&ThereAgain Send a private message to There&ThereAgain Nov 25 2013, 8:29pm
    Is it really only a week away? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 25 2013, 9:11pm
        It's funny... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Nov 25 2013, 9:35pm
            !!!! acigos00 Send a private message to acigos00 Nov 25 2013, 9:48pm
    Well said ! Good luck to one of the most incredible crew of artists in the world !// Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Nov 25 2013, 9:11pm
    Good luck to everyone involved! Bernhardina Send a private message to Bernhardina Nov 25 2013, 10:52pm
    Seconded or thirded, etc., Cats16! Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 25 2013, 11:21pm
    Just keep swimming, gals and guys! Cheers!// Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Nov 25 2013, 11:38pm
    Fourthed, or fifthed, or however many times it is.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 25 2013, 11:41pm
    7thed I believe. flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Nov 26 2013, 12:36am
    A great big thank you to everyone involved! Kim Send a private message to Kim Nov 26 2013, 1:49am
        I forgot about the live stream... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Nov 26 2013, 4:26am
            Pretty sure it's been here awhile Kim Send a private message to Kim Nov 26 2013, 5:40am
            Live Stream details posted to TORn FB Kim Send a private message to Kim Nov 26 2013, 7:54pm
                Awesome. Thanks, Kim. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Nov 26 2013, 7:59pm
    I"m ready to be taken on another adventure, Sir Peter! Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth Nov 26 2013, 2:07am
        It's the deep breath before the plunge... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Nov 26 2013, 2:11am
    Wow burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Nov 26 2013, 3:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.