Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
What if FOTR was released after The Hobbit?

tiamy
Rivendell

Nov 25 2013, 1:37pm

Post #1 of 7 (450 views)
Shortcut
What if FOTR was released after The Hobbit? Can't Post

I have been wondering about this so I tried to make my own trailer to see what The Fellowship of the Ring's trailer would have looked like if it was released AFTER The Hobbit trilogy.

http://youtu.be/dIVL1AkvHVg

Few things I considered while making this:
- The studio will probably make an effort to connect The Hobbit with LOTR, and thus, more Bilbo scenes (in flashback and in FOTR)
- Gollum doesn't need to be "introduced" to the audience as we have seen him already in AUJ at this time.
- Some scenes are from The Two Towers as the filmmakers have not yet decided on where to split Film 1 at this point.
- Music must have come from the existing "Hobbit" scores (and should be)

*This is a combination of footage and sound bytes from FOTR, TTT, AUJ movies, trailers and previews. I also copied some editing styles from the actual FOTR trailer if you may notice.

Sorry it went too long at 3 minutes (trailers have a maximum of 02:30-minute runtime) and there's only one Galadriel shot in here as opposed to the original trailers.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 5:19pm

Post #2 of 7 (225 views)
Shortcut
Very good advertising! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd certainly go and see that. Smile

Kalimac
Bree

Nov 25 2013, 11:17pm

Post #3 of 7 (208 views)
Shortcut
What sort of significance would the ring have? [In reply to] Can't Post

Would the prologue in FOTR have been put in the hobbit instead? Also, do you think the way the world looks to the person who is wearing the ring would have changed? I understand that this was carried over into the Hobbit from FOTR, but because the scenes where Bilbo uses the ring are of quite a different tone to the ones where Frodo uses it, do you think they would look different if the Hobbit had been made first?

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Nov 26 2013, 9:14am

Post #4 of 7 (181 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the way the AUJ scenes transition flawlessly to Frodo greeting Gandalf on the cart.

The only thing I question is "From the director of the Hobbit Trilogy." It seems unlikely that Jackson would have been able to convince a studio to make a trilogy based on The Hobbit unless he had already made a successful trilogy. A three-part Hobbit would have been a huge financial risk in this parallel universe.

tiamy
Rivendell

Nov 26 2013, 2:44pm

Post #5 of 7 (167 views)
Shortcut
That is probably true! [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I think with the advent of films being split into two (Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games), it will be more likely to see a 2-part Hobbit film than three films if LOTR was made after The Hobbit.

But this trailer was made in the context that LOTR was announced shortly after the first movie's success Wink

PredatoR
Bree

Nov 27 2013, 12:25am

Post #6 of 7 (136 views)
Shortcut
ehh [In reply to] Can't Post

we would see Tom Bombadil, Glorfindel, etc. and it could have been 6 or 9 movies :)

Rickster
Rohan

Dec 13 2013, 2:50pm

Post #7 of 7 (59 views)
Shortcut
smart [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we have not seen the last Hobbit/Ring movie yet
There will be side stories.. (as you already see in Youtube)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.