Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A SmaugSmokeRing lighting Gandalf's PIPE?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 8:35pm

Post #1 of 10 (746 views)
Shortcut
A SmaugSmokeRing lighting Gandalf's PIPE? Can't Post

HomePage here
Bomby'Favorite
Image yet..

Yet it seems to Rest
the 4 or 2 legs question..?

What say you?

Faleel
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 8:38pm

Post #2 of 10 (395 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 9:08pm

Post #3 of 10 (382 views)
Shortcut
Well can someone Post that Image LARGE? [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mitch King
Rohan

Nov 24 2013, 1:22am

Post #4 of 10 (258 views)
Shortcut
He will have 2 true legs [In reply to] Can't Post

From AUJ EE I no longer have doubts. He has 2 normal back legs and very arm like wings with claws. I'm pretty sure that the smoke dragon is just the one from the map. This isn't even to mention that 4 legs and big ole back wings doesn't work or appear in the natural world and Smaug's mo cap works much better with two arm wings that BC can move himself. No doubt, 2 legs is the winner.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 24 2013, 3:23am

Post #5 of 10 (225 views)
Shortcut
Lots of things work in the natural world. We really have only seen 0.000000000000000000000001 percent [In reply to] Can't Post

of the natural anything, isolated as we are on this tiny dust and water molecule mote in the vastness of space in the greater vastness of a many dimensional multiverse. Anyway, vertebrae might not have more than four limbs, but plenty of arthropods do. And a dragon with four legs and wings is much better able to defend itself against.... lithotransforming stone giants and the like. I think he will have two wings as well, but I don't like the choice.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

The Mitch King
Rohan

Nov 24 2013, 5:00am

Post #6 of 10 (205 views)
Shortcut
Not really a multiverse guy lol [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
of the natural anything, isolated as we are on this tiny dust and water molecule mote in the vastness of space in the greater vastness of a many dimensional multiverse. Anyway, vertebrae might not have more than four limbs, but plenty of arthropods do. And a dragon with four legs and wings is much better able to defend itself against.... lithotransforming stone giants and the like. I think he will have two wings as well, but I don't like the choice.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Smaug has been turned into a huge bug?? lol The real problem is that you would need huge muscle masses for Smaug's wings to get him anywhere! My theory is that they really changed it because of BC's motion capture performance.

Username4242
Bree

Nov 24 2013, 5:12am

Post #7 of 10 (210 views)
Shortcut
That actually makes perfect sense. [In reply to] Can't Post

Giving the dragon four limbs, two of which have wings attached, would allow Benedict to more comprehensively play the character. It's hard to embody a character's movements when you are playing something that has two more appendages than you do!

The Mitch King
Rohan

Nov 24 2013, 6:01am

Post #8 of 10 (196 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Giving the dragon four limbs, two of which have wings attached, would allow Benedict to more comprehensively play the character. It's hard to embody a character's movements when you are playing something that has two more appendages than you do!

From the pictures and quite footage we have seen of BC's performance it looks like he is using his ares to slide himself around just like we have seen in the trailer.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2013, 9:33pm

Post #9 of 10 (118 views)
Shortcut
Love that image! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think that's what Smaug will really look like though. In fact, in most of the cast interviews I've read, even the actors think the finished Smaug will look different from anything we've seen as of yet.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Nov 25 2013, 12:57pm

Post #10 of 10 (86 views)
Shortcut
Like this? [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have to settle for some blow-up .jpeg artifacts, but I hope this is large enough for ya'.

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.