The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
LEGO The Hobbit revealed!

ecliptica
The Shire

Nov 23 2013, 1:50am

Post #1 of 17 (1961 views)
Shortcut
LEGO The Hobbit revealed! Can't Post

Stumbled upon these news tonight, and i couldn't see that it was already posted here before.

So here you go:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-hobbit-video-game-revealed/

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 23 2013, 2:27am

Post #2 of 17 (1307 views)
Shortcut
Cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone play Lego Lord of the Rings? I loved Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and liked Lego Indiana Jones alright (always wanted to play Lego Harry Potter but never got around to it). Lego LotR got pretty good reviews, but a friend of mine said it was only so so.

Faleel
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 2:28am

Post #3 of 17 (1244 views)
Shortcut
They [In reply to] Can't Post

had the Dialogue straight form the films, which stripped it of its charm I found.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 2:42am

Post #4 of 17 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to play it! Love LEGO LOTR, and can't wait to see what they do with this one.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

tarasaurus
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 3:05am

Post #5 of 17 (1247 views)
Shortcut
Lego LotR [In reply to] Can't Post

is SOOOO so so much fun! And hilarious! Gonna be playing that again tomorrow.

(the Harry Potter ones are great fun also!)

(This post was edited by tarasaurus on Nov 23 2013, 3:05am)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 5:42am

Post #6 of 17 (1146 views)
Shortcut
It Really is. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
is SOOOO so so much fun! And hilarious! Gonna be playing that again tomorrow.

(the Harry Potter ones are great fun also!)

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Nov 23 2013, 7:24am

Post #7 of 17 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Very cool...my kids will be so excited! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Nightwing
Bree

Nov 23 2013, 9:28am

Post #8 of 17 (1326 views)
Shortcut
Lego Lord of the Rings is a fun game [In reply to] Can't Post

The overworld is really well-made and fun to explore.

It would be cool if they could release a combined version of both Lego Hobbit and Lego Lord of the Rings as one big game. And by the end of both stories, you'd have all of Middle-earth, both north and south, unlocked and possible to traverse. As well as having all the characters of both trilogies.

The Silmarillion (film series)
The Flight of the Noldor - Beren and Lúthien - The Children of Húrin - The Necklace of the Dwarves - The Fall of Gondolin - The War of Wrath

Someday.

demnation
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 9:14pm

Post #9 of 17 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

They did some interesting things in Lego LOTR, but the central gameplay of the Lego games is starting to feel stale and boring. Hope they can some big changes to Lego Hobbit.

Mr Baggins began as a comic tale among conventional and inconsistent Grimm's fairy-tale dwarves, and got drawn into the edge of it – so that even Sauron the terrible peeped over the edge.- JRR Tolkien, Letter 19

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2013, 9:18pm

Post #10 of 17 (929 views)
Shortcut
Which is what they did with [In reply to] Can't Post

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sage, which is not only the best Lego game (imo), but one of my favorite video games ever.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2013, 9:25pm

Post #11 of 17 (976 views)
Shortcut
I felt this about [In reply to] Can't Post

Lego Indiana Jones, which i only played to about the half-way point. I just lost interest (also, i don't like any of the later Indiana Jones movies, just Raiders, so that might have something to do with it). But i played the demos of both the Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean Lego games, and they both seemed like a lot of fun. But i was broke at the time and never picked them up.

daemoon
Rivendell

Nov 26 2013, 12:33am

Post #12 of 17 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully they don't release too early in 2014 because I want to see the TABA sequences in the game.

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 26 2013, 1:23am

Post #13 of 17 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Your outta luck there [In reply to] Can't Post

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

daemoon
Rivendell

Nov 26 2013, 1:29am

Post #14 of 17 (997 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Odd decision. The Laketown Attack/Smaug Demise and the BofA are a must for the game.

Nightwing
Bree

Nov 26 2013, 1:23pm

Post #15 of 17 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Just the first two films? That's just awful [In reply to] Can't Post

Simply awful.

It seems to be a trend these days for companies to make unfinished/incomplete products. WB recently released Batman: Arkham Origins, which was a buggy, laggy, unfinished mess of a game. I guess that's the level of quality one can expect these days whenever the WB logo appears on screen.

Now I really hope there will be a 'six film' complete edition coming out someday. An incomplete Hobbit game is a no buy.

The Silmarillion (film series)
The Flight of the Noldor - Beren and Lúthien - The Children of Húrin - The Necklace of the Dwarves - The Fall of Gondolin - The War of Wrath

Someday.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 26 2013, 1:43pm

Post #16 of 17 (876 views)
Shortcut
LEGO LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO is the best one they've done. Having the music and voices really put it over the top for success for me. Just getting to run around Middle-earth was pretty darn fantastic and the game itself was a blast. The SW games were pretty cool and the Lego Indy Games were also a blast. I did enjoy the POTC game as well but I hated the first Lego Batman game. So I think if they do The Hobbit like LOTR its going to be a blast.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 5 2013, 2:56pm

Post #17 of 17 (857 views)
Shortcut
I agree with you [In reply to] Can't Post

on the incomplete game = no buy part, but I loved Arkham Origins.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.