Who is your favourite Dwarf?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 12:14am

Post #26 of 44 (311 views)
Shortcut
Love your Profile pic OopsyDaisy. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that you? In this order, Balin, Bofur, Killi, I think. I enjoy Ori, Oin, Nori, and Dwalin quite a bit. Most of them really, but Balin and Bofur are magnificent, and I warmed to Kili with all his comical Elf flirting. lol

In Reply To
Hey everyone!

So I know we still have so much more to see of our company of dwarves! But from what we have seen so far in UJ, have any of you guys got a favourite one?

After long consideration i have chosen...Balin! He has such a lovely character and kind face! and i would love to have him as a grandad! I think that in the next two films he is really going to help Bilbo on his journey. It was a hard choose between him and Bofur, because of course Bofur is such a dude! And brilliantly played by James Nesbit!

It would of been easy to pick either Thorin, Fili or Kili for other reasons (im sure any ladies on here will know what i mean lol) but i wondered who you guys chose?

Just for fun Smile

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 12:15am

Post #27 of 44 (307 views)
Shortcut
Ha. We had essentially the same answer for the 1 and 2 slots. [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin is so wonderfully avuncular and Bofur is a delight of charisma and heart.

In Reply To
I just love how rational he is in all of his actions. He is loyal but not afraid of being the voice of reason. Bofur would be a close second.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 23 2013, 12:22am

Post #28 of 44 (296 views)
Shortcut
Great Minds [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly! I think those two balance each other so well and toss in my other favorite Dwalin you get a nice trio.

shadowdog
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 12:24am

Post #29 of 44 (306 views)
Shortcut
Thorin for me also [In reply to] Can't Post

Closely followed by Kili. They are both out in front, reckless, and brave.

hutch
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 2:55am

Post #30 of 44 (271 views)
Shortcut
Balin & Bofur [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool (least fav = Thorin Angelic)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken.

hutch
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 2:55am

Post #31 of 44 (267 views)
Shortcut
yes they are [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin and Bofur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken.

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 23 2013, 3:16am

Post #32 of 44 (261 views)
Shortcut
Book: Thorin & Balin. Movie: Thorin & Balin. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Yngwulff
Gondor

Nov 23 2013, 4:20am

Post #33 of 44 (246 views)
Shortcut
2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Bofur and Balin

The one with the slingshot Nori? was my least fav

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Plurmo
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 5:48am

Post #34 of 44 (248 views)
Shortcut
A small note on Dori [In reply to] Can't Post

If one looks at each of the thirteen dwarves as a colour on a palette used by PJ to paint dwarvishness on the screen, I would say that Dori, unexpected as he is, explains something about the incommensurable aesthetic sense in dwarven culture. Since there's much about the history of the Dwarves that gravitates around the passion awoken by the unique qualities of their work then arguably the likes of (PJ's) Dori impels that people's impressive Tale as much as their kings and warrior and sages.

PS: I suspect, but I don't know for sure, that when using "the likes of" I must conjugate the verb (impel) in accordance with whatsoever is referred by "the likes of," in that case, Dori. Hence, "impels." Apologies if that is wrong.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Nov 23 2013, 6:19am

Post #35 of 44 (259 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm, let's see....(in my best SNL Church Lady voice) [In reply to] Can't Post

could it be..............THORIN?????

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 23 2013, 11:19am

Post #36 of 44 (220 views)
Shortcut
my list [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Balin

2. Thorin
3. Dwalin
4. Kili
5. Gloin
6. Ori
7. Fili
8. Bifur
9. Dori
10. Oin
11. Bofur

12. Bombur
13. Bifur

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Noria
Gondor

Nov 23 2013, 3:01pm

Post #37 of 44 (200 views)
Shortcut
I like every one of them but.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin is my favourite: the voice, the acting, the look are all fabulous.

Second is probably Bofur because of the twinkle in his eye and his sense of fun, along with genuine feeling for Bilbo. I love his song in the EE.

I also have a soft spot for Fili.

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 23 2013, 4:05pm

Post #38 of 44 (183 views)
Shortcut
Ahhhh [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin
Balin
Bofur
Dwalin
Gimli
Kili
Fili
Bifur
Nori
Ori
Bombur
Gloin
Oin
Dori

I think?!?! I dunno, this is hard.

OopsyDaisy
The Shire

Nov 23 2013, 4:38pm

Post #39 of 44 (176 views)
Shortcut
Its so hard isnt it! [In reply to] Can't Post

reading everyones it makes u love them all even more! But yep sticking with Balin!

But agreed, i love the way Bofur accepts Bilbo into the company! When he says "I wish you all the luck in the world, i really do" on Gobin Towns Doorstep (the cave), that just get me each time! it is like he would get on with everyone! i could imagine going to a party with him and Gimli together and drinking all night! how joyous would that be?

( and i will keep you guessing if its me in my profile pic lol Tongue)

"Even the smallest person, can change the course of the future..."

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 23 2013, 6:07pm

Post #40 of 44 (138 views)
Shortcut
So are you in the middle of a back flip, or defying gravity?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 23 2013, 6:17pm

Post #41 of 44 (136 views)
Shortcut
In reply to myself [In reply to] Can't Post

…that's Thorin, followed by Balin, Dwalin and Bofur, by the way.

In Reply To
Followed by Balin, Dwalin and Bifur.

(But Thorin is my favourite by far.)

OopsyDaisy
The Shire

Nov 23 2013, 11:18pm

Post #42 of 44 (113 views)
Shortcut
neither...lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilecos its not me hahahah! Smile

"Even the smallest person, can change the course of the future..."

stormcrow20
Gondor

Nov 24 2013, 3:26am

Post #43 of 44 (124 views)
Shortcut
Favorite dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

I've really come to like them all, though some less than others. Jackson and Company did a great job of creating unique personalities and looks for all 13 dwarves. All of the actors seem like great guys, as well.

At this time, my favorites are Dwalin, Dori and Bifur. I like Dwalin's fierceness and his warrior-like design. Dori's fussy looks and personality are great, and his admiration of and desire to be like Gandalf is amusing. Though I hated the axe in the head at first, I now enjoy the character that it has given us in Bifur. His spaced-out moments, his gruff personality and his fascination with the eagles make for a very interesting character. I like his black and white beard, as well.

I loved Bofur's mischievous moments, such as when he caught on to Bilbo feeling faint and decided to make it worse (think furnace, with wings!), and when he tossed the sausage to Bombur when the table creaked.

Balin is great, too. I enjoyed seeing him in the Erebor and Moria scenes.

I really hope the other dwarves that weren't featured as much in AUJ get plenty of screen time in the next two films!

Nira
Lorien

Nov 26 2013, 5:29am

Post #44 of 44 (69 views)
Shortcut
Book: Balin. Movie: Bofur // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

(This post was edited by Nira on Nov 26 2013, 5:30am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.