Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I see fire *Spoiler Alert*
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 23 2013, 10:03pm

Post #26 of 28 (57 views)
Shortcut
I have to wait until Christmas to see the movie [In reply to] Can't Post

so I'm sure I'll be thoroughly spoiled by then. I've seen the first four movies with my brother and three sisters, and I'll see this one with them also, and we are only together over the Christmas holidays.

But that doesn't diminish my enjoyment one bit - I still love the excitement leading up to the movies and the joy/angst once they've been seen by fans.Smile

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 23 2013, 10:56pm

Post #27 of 28 (52 views)
Shortcut
I suppose I should wait for Christmas.... [In reply to] Can't Post

.. when I hope to go and see it with my brother and my nephew. But I'm afraid I can't hold out that long - and I know I'll be happy to see it again with them! Blush

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2013, 1:34am

Post #28 of 28 (41 views)
Shortcut
perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

They kill Smaug in DOS, but then Gandalf is forced to watch from his imprisonment in Dol Guldur (figuring from that brief shot of him behind bars in the recent trailer) as an orc army marches, knowing they're heading for Erebor?

That could also explain how he knew of the army, and why he rides like the ghost of Smaug himself was after him towards Erebor in the vlogs- he has to somehow beat the orc army to the mountain....

That, especially if the audience is clearly made aware of the army's destination, and with Gandalf imprisoned and them not knowing if he would get out, could make for a very good cliffhanger.

I doubt they would put a huge sequence like Smaug's attack on Laketown in the third film-anything they put in there would compete with BO5A for intensity and focus. Plus, PJ&co mentioned more than once that their biggest action sequence yet occurs in DOS, and if I recall correctly the Laketown set was by far their biggest setpiece for both LOTR and TH....plus, they haven't blurred out any shots of Bard leapfrogging over rooftops with a clear orange glow on the set- and if you all recall, in the vlog where PJ started it by standing in Laketown, he said they couldn't show us some stuff yet because it was for DOS....so if he kept that course, then by all logic Bard leapfrogging would have been blurred/not shown in the vlogs if the attack was destined for TABA....

Therefore, I conclude that the DOS will focus on part 1 of DG, and Smaug's demise, and TABA will focus on part 2 of DG, and the BO5A....That way, there is a cliffhanger in the secondary storyline, but in the main one (the actual quest, and not a side plot like DG is) there is resolution, followed by what is to come....

That would also fit PJ's mode of operation regarding Middle-earth movies....a la TTT...

But we won't find out for sure for another 3 weeks.... Unsure

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.